October Sun Plum/Pluot and other fruits

pacetone

Reaction score
I bought the grapes from NTUC last weekend - same type, sweet and cheap - $4.90/kg.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oct sun plum = oct sun pluot? same or different fruit?

Where you see the Oct Sun Pluot? Pluots are plum-apricot hybrid, but with more percentage of the plum. They are usually very sweet. Those Dinosaur Eggs are pluots.

Last edited:

sujun93

Reaction score
Where you see the Oct Sun Pluot? Pluots are plum-apricot hybrid, but with more percentage of the plum. They are usually very sweet. Those Dinosaur Eggs are pluots.

I saw it at giant but didn't buy them. So many different type of plum and pluot and prunes in supermarket :o

Last edited:

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the differences? Seems like the same thing. But for other type of plum and pluot, it's like plum is softer as compared to pluot.

I searched on the web, and found the below info:

October Sun Plum - The skin turn red/reddish when fully ripened.

October Sun Pluot - Skin remain yellowish green in colour.

Never got a chance to buy from NTUC, the day they advertised, my sis went at night but all sold out. I went to Giant yesterday and managed to buy some. The sizes are very small though.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
October Sun Pluot - My sis went the the day NTUC advertised but they already sold out by night time. I got these from Giant though the sizes were rather small.

OctSunPluot-005.jpg

ultimax

Reaction score
Never got a chance to buy from NTUC, the day they advertised, my sis went at night but all sold out. I went to Giant yesterday and managed to buy some. The sizes are very small though.

FYI. Brought from NTUC; Big size and very sweet.

neutralz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i went causeway pt no more october sun leh!! where else have? need to satisfyy a craving

lovejade

Master Member
Reaction score
October Sun Pluot - My sis went the the day NTUC advertised but they already sold out by night time. I got these from Giant though the sizes were rather small.

i bought some from night market in KL... so nice. i can't stop eating !

Last edited by a moderator:

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i went causeway pt no more october sun leh!! where else have? need to satisfyy a craving

Causeway Point's Cold Storage I checked frequently, no more stock. Even NTUC, I have not even seen it.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.