Pardon my 5 minutes of naive

hongyihui

Reaction score
I'm not really a food gourmet, and hence have some queries regarding food which I consume. 5mins of fool, lifetime a genius. Hahaha .

Okay I will cut the chase.

Which part of salmon is the best? I mean in terms of sashimi, salmon belly or the body?

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The belly of course. It's the yummiest part due to the accumulation of fats.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Always go buffet, just take whatever is on the line. Is belly also the most expensive part of the fish?

From what I have seen, the fish bellies are usually kept out of sight, so you need to ask the chef for it. Yes, they are sold at a higher price point.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Salmon belly. Just like tuna belly. For some fish, ppl go for the cheeks. Never tried for salmon and tuna's head is way too big to put on the table. :s13:

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For salmon head, I normally eat it grilled. Both sides of the cheek/gill area the best.

hongyihui

Reaction score
From what I have seen, the fish bellies are usually kept out of sight, so you need to ask the chef for it. Yes, they are sold at a higher price point.

You sound expert in the food scene. Kudos. Just curious, how much normally does a salmon belly sashimi cost?

And pardon my ignorant again. Between sirloin, ribeye, t bone, mignon fillet, steak chunks, which is the best? So many cuts and sometimes certain places that i go, when waiter ask me which cuts i want, i really go =~=

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Between sirloin, ribeye, t bone, mignon fillet, steak chunks, which is the best? So many cuts and sometimes certain places that i go, when waiter ask me which cuts i want, i really go =~=
there is no "best" I guess. some cuts are fattier than others, some are more tender, some have beefier flavor. Depends on what you personally like in a steak.

If you value tenderness over all others, then tenderloin / filet mignon is for you. it's a very lean cut though, and tends to be less flavorful.

i personally like rib-eye and sirloin/striploin. these are fattier so you get a bit more fats.

rump, flank, -- these are muscle cuts so they have the 'beefiest' flavor but also tend to be tougher.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.