Post your food photo here (local)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heard the store opposite the CKT better. called Lucky CKT I think. But the best CKT at Old Airport sill the one near the kway chap. Lao Fu Zi all gimmicks one leh.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heard the store opposite the CKT better. called Lucky CKT I think. But the best CKT at Old Airport sill the one near the kway chap. Lao Fu Zi all gimmicks one leh.

You're referring to Dong Ji which is a few stalls down from To Rico's. The stall is opened for half a day and closes after lunch. Their version is different from LFZ. Closer to Penang CKT.

Years ago, the stall opposite LFZ was the best but after the standards dropped I started patronising LFZ. Don't know if it's still the same chef/stall but their business isn't good compared to LFZ. Back then they used to wrap the takeaway CKT in opeh leaf. Anyone wants to be the guinea pig to try out?

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tonkotsu Ramen in Keisuke

keisuke2-3.jpg

Beef Tendon in Dozo

dozo1-6.jpg

b|uebe||

Reaction score
jones the grocer
3 cheeze platter, $29.00
cant exactly rem the cheeze names , but 2 of them are bries and the other is a hard cheeze

blueberry tart~

b|uebe||

Reaction score

yeap. agreed, lucky CKT and their attitude better than LFZ i think.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is dozo worth the money? or is the food more 'for show' only?
Personally I think it's worth it, especially if you go the 6-course lunch (one less course but $20 cheaper) since it's just $39.80++

I mean, in comparison, the other day I go eat one bowl of ramen and gyoza also almost $30 liao ... blogwhore link here otherwise just see more photos :)

dozo1-7.jpg
dozo1-12.jpg

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Mr. Prata @ 26 Evans Road.
Mr_Prata_.jpg

Mr_Prata_1.jpg

S$6 for Italian prata. Little bit of cheese, mutton & some veg inside a prata. Very filling but the standard varies. :look:

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Shun Li Fried Oysters @ Alexandra Village FC. 3/6 score for Makansutra 2009.
Shun_Li_Fried_Oysters_3.jpg

Shun_Li_Fried_Oysters_12.jpg

S$4 for oyster omelette. Not too bad. :look:

Shun_Li_Fried_Oysters_21.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had these for lunch.

Ming Jiang Bak Kut Teh
Blk 101 Yishun Avenue 5
Chong Pang City

MingJiangBakKutTeh01.jpg

Pig Kidney and Liver Soup - My mother found the liver not as tender as the one she ate last week but I find it good enough for me though it's not the powdery type.

MingJiangBakKutTeh02.jpg

Pig Kidney Soup - This was cooked just nice so it's still "crunchy".

MingJiangBakKutTeh03.jpg

Mutton Soup - I like the mutton soup more as it's not too herbal and the mutton is just oh so tender.

MingJiangBakKutTeh04.jpg

Braised Pork Leg - The pork leg was very tender though the sauce was just a tad too salty to be drank.

MingJiangBakKutTeh05.jpg

Each dish cost $4.50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.