Status
Not open for further replies.

EsPpY

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fish head steamboat @ old tamp road, opp Giant]

crispy cereal tofu~
JUST had this.

Sucked. No flavor to the tofu. You're better off choosing the cereal chicken, which, incidentally, is 25% cheaper at $9 vs $12 for the smaller size.

Strange pricing.

FoodieFC

Reaction score
Tian Xin Wanton Noodle 天心云吞面 (Coleman Street)

6.+Tian+Xin+Wanton+Noodle+-+Minced+Meat+Noodle.JPG

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7906_10202174453187302_493264714_n.jpg

The famous Muah Chee from Hougang 6th Mile Muah Chee. $5.50 is pretty expensive though.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
I have tried many CKT but I have to recommend this one. Nice enough that I want to voice out. Probably recommended here many time but nvrmd.

photobucket-13444-1379741889546_zpsafcade24.jpg

Was abit not hungry but pass by this stall at Beo Cresent, stil have time so decided to queue and try. $3 portion is quite small but it very nice. Much much nicer then the Ghim Moh one.

b|uebe||

Reaction score
JUST had this.

Sucked. No flavor to the tofu. You're better off choosing the cereal chicken, which, incidentally, is 25% cheaper at $9 vs $12 for the smaller size.

Strange pricing.

ok. depends on individual taste. anyway.

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Katong Ah Soon Fried Oyster @ Old Airport Road FC.

S$6 portion. Very flavourful or luak, not too soft or crispy, just right for me. :lick:

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sen, next time try the other orh luak. lau fu zi ckt, opposite that row in the middle. 1 man show by an old uncle.

Nichi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sen, next time try the other orh luak. lau fu zi ckt, opposite that row in the middle. 1 man show by an old uncle.
this stall got 2 guys maning it..

1 smaller sized old man and a slightly younger bigger size uncle..

old man cooking and portion is better. the uncle give very small portion and not as nice..

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Crystal Jade Steamboat @ Zhong Shan Park

Quality of food is decent. Steamboat 2pax set consisting of beef, pork, lamp, chicken, assorted vegetable, assorted meatballs and a choice of 2 soup base for S$32.80. The red fermented bean curd dipping sauce is quite nice. In addition, they have ala carte orders as well. The environment is quite spacious and comfy.

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Soon Heng Lor Mee @ Beo Crescent FC.

S$3 portion. Not as nice as before. :look:

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Eng Kee Beehoon at Commonwealth cresant

photobucket-10648-1380253025832_zps0f82cbbe.jpg

photobucket-10451-1380253045839_zps0ef96621.jpg

Not too bad for my portion above at $2.80. Nice and decent but doesnt have the 'wow' factor especially wtih "Makansutra" and "FBI" logo all that. Only commentable good is the Otah is good! Nice and fragnant plus fish is well cook thru plus fresh!!

Seriously, i have had better beehoon/chili/black noodle. This aint so special.

But I will have to seriously recommend a store which had "awesome" fried rice as part of economical food. Their fried white beehoon and hokkien mee is awesome too because their "fried rice" will be sold out by 7-8am!! The chili is uique and some store in my area had copied their chili recipe and become quite similar but their fried noodle/beehoon still not as good as the one i want recommend.

Its at Bangkit Road, Blk 257. There is 2 coffeeshop side by side, the one at the end of the block and got ppl queuing for their beehoon is the correct one. Open 5.30am and finish ard 11am max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.