HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendations for STEAMBOAT

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2009, 01:28 AM   #31
Master Member

i want to vomit blood liao. i try to organize a steamboat gathering for my colleagues, i recommend coca and the raja inn, they said no good, the soup base is tasteless. omg.. i really don know what to recommend .
Actually soup base are meant to be tasteless. Because most tasty soups have a lot of MSG content. And soup is always meant to be drank at the last part and only small portions.
If initially is very tasty, after cooking for few rounds with the seafood and others, the soup will be very saltish at the end.
I also don't know what to recommend you.
earthyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 01:31 AM   #32
Greater Supremacy Member

http://www.singeat.com/vip/index.asp?storeid=103

how about this ? is this the same chong qing huo guo that hwz people are talking about ?? im going to tie that up and drag them to this place le. haha
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #33
Master Member

wah earthlyblue, u seem very experienced in steamboat. I guess you always go steamboat buffet and gobble every food you see?

Swordsman, Raja Inn their soup is so nice!! Tell your colleagues if not enough taste, they can throw in salt, pepper, soy sauce or even chili sauce! Which will of course, spoil the original taste of the soup!!
brookln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 11:02 AM   #34
Supremacy Member

I think you colleagues don't really know how to appreciate steamboat. Haha
tomicaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #35

does coca lunch buffet have seafood like prawns too?
or only dinner?
cormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #36
Master Member

I think you colleagues don't really know how to appreciate steamboat. Haha
or are they china people?

no offense but china people are damn unhealthy bunch of people. they like steamboat with very strong taste. They love sichuan mala (damn oily). chicken soup (damn salty) and herbal soup (damn bitter).

that's why they love melamine too. LOL... more protein!
brookln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2009, 01:27 AM   #37
Master Member

wah earthlyblue, u seem very experienced in steamboat. I guess you always go steamboat buffet and gobble every food you see?

Swordsman, Raja Inn their soup is so nice!! Tell your colleagues if not enough taste, they can throw in salt, pepper, soy sauce or even chili sauce! Which will of course, spoil the original taste of the soup!!
last time when i was working in thailand few years ago, every week i will eat steamboat at least once. eating steamboat is like a way of life to the thais. not only MK, Coca type but those road side issarn style hotpot steamboat which they call (jeem joom). Imagine the number of MK restaurants are much more than the Macdonalds' KFC, that shows you how they loved steamboat. It's only these few years more and more steamboat joints sprout out in singapore. I will not go those steamboat places where you have to take your own food, because the food is exposed in the open and not very hygienic due to people walking past by and breathing, talking while getting the food.
i am selective on food. When i went Paradise on Earth, I will only ask for 1 plate of prawns (4pcs) or sometimes i don;t order. but when I go Coca, I will order at least 3-4 plates, because the prawns from Coca is tastier and fresher.

In our lifetime, we can only live that long and eat that much. Don't waste money and time on lousy food.
Old 26-01-2009, 01:29 AM   #38
Master Member

does coca lunch buffet have seafood like prawns too?
or only dinner?
yes, both lunch and dinner.
Old 26-01-2009, 09:42 AM   #39
Greater Supremacy Member

or are they china people?

no offense but china people are damn unhealthy bunch of people. they like steamboat with very strong taste. They love sichuan mala (damn oily). chicken soup (damn salty) and herbal soup (damn bitter).

that's why they love melamine too. LOL... more protein!
No lar !! Most of my colleagues are singaporeans, got 2 are malaysians, out of the 2 malaysians, there is 1 vegetarian, so it's quite difficult to organize a steamboat outing or makan outing to cater to everyone's taste, some don eat spicy food, some like spicy food, there is 1 person who is vegetarian. I thought i very picky on food, they all are more picky than me. lol.. oh yeah all my colleagues I'm inviting are girls.

Last edited by Swordsman; 26-01-2009 at 09:44 AM..
Old 26-01-2009, 09:45 AM   #40
Greater Supremacy Member

yes i try not to do that to soup unless its really tasteless.
Old 27-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #41
Master Member

Tian Tian Huo Guo at Tan Quee Lan Street!! Where can you find ultimate steamboat buffet at just $18++ with free flow of crabs, fish and prawns? Quality food minus the quantity of cheapo food.
from the advertisment tian tain got bbq + steamboat buffet??? or juz steamboat buffet??
Old 28-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

i would recommend 2nd mini steamboat
chercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #43
Master Member

Hmmm bugis got A LOT of steamboat buffets. Got any recommendations? And waht to avoid?
Ratix0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #44

No lar !! Most of my colleagues are singaporeans, got 2 are malaysians, out of the 2 malaysians, there is 1 vegetarian, so it's quite difficult to organize a steamboat outing or makan outing to cater to everyone's taste, some don eat spicy food, some like spicy food, there is 1 person who is vegetarian. I thought i very picky on food, they all are more picky than me. lol.. oh yeah all my colleagues I'm inviting are girls.
Yeh.. same here.. I'm also organizing steamboat dinner, but damn difficult...
One vegetarian. One muslim (no pork). One don't eat seafood...

So...

Mission impossible for me...
Old 29-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #45

aiyo..diff prefereces sit diff table lor..how abt zhen fa? check these out
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.