Your favourite fried carrot cake stall (black/white)

cattwl7

Master Member
Reaction score
The bedok interchange one is called song Zhou or something. It's at one end. The man fries only in the morning I think.

The carrot cake at 85 mkt is not bad too. Tried the black one the other day, it's v sticky and only$2. It's the stall that operates 2 stall spaces.

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time the old tekka market got this stall selling handmade Teochew kway. You can buy carrot cake from them and request they fry it for you. And it's very good. But a pity the old lady retired liao. :(

Vladimir

Reaction score
changi village food market. centre row, black scrambled one. now shifted temporary to Airfield Coffee Shop also in changi village coz the food market is under renovation for 2 years.

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Best for me was the stall at the market at Simon Road which was torn down more than 20 years ago. Fried carrot cake coated with lard and fried till cracker cripsy while the inside remains soft.

wiiplay

Reaction score
My favorite black..
Blk 50 Marine Terrace (Hawker Center) morning only or Jago Close coffee shop opposite Esso station

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
My fav => Chey Sua Carrot Cake @ Toa Payoh Lorong 1 Food Centre.

Chey_Sua_Carrot_Cake_.JPG

Chey_Sua_Carrot_Cake_1.JPG

S$2 portion.

Chey_Sua_Carrot_Cake_2.JPG

stonedx

Reaction score
my fav. bukit merah carrot cake. plus its open till quite late. PLUS! they make their own carrot rice
ieatishootipost blogs Singapore's best food: Bukit Merah View Carrot Cake: The Last Bastion of Tradition!

"extracted from ieatishoot"
Bukit Merah View Carrot Cake
Bukit Merah View FC
Blk 115 Bukit Merah View
#01-37
7am to 2pm, 6pm to 1am daily

I like the brother that cooks during the night shift. hahah

PS: when you are there, try the BBQ stingray. it's also at the same side of the carrot cake, facing the carpark. with neon sign, "Open" the chilli darn shiok

Last edited:

kkevinn6

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i like Fu Ming carrot cake at redhill food centre. white carrot cake, $2 a plate :lick:

wind30

Reaction score
I think the best black carrot cake I have tried is at the hawker center beside lavendar MRT station, near immigation office.

Needs to take number one. I find his carrot cake really good...

Aresden

Reaction score
I think the best black carrot cake I have tried is at the hawker center beside lavendar MRT station, near immigation office.

Needs to take number one. I find his carrot cake really good...

beside Lavandar MRT station got hawker meh?? I just went there to collect my passport. Is it near the CC?

kkevinn6

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is the one im gona recommend...song zhou carrot cake...i wldn't mind travelling from the west to the east juz to eat this..
yeah the husband doing the frying is better, i prefer the black one though, always order 3 buck portion and tempted to order another plate which i did a few times lol...

do you know song zhou carrot cake opening hours?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.