Advice on Penang

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, what is the recommend food to try along my hotel at jen hotel previously known as trader hotel. Also is there any nightclub/pub to chill for the night?

Sent from GAGT Android App

decade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going there in jan , shortlisted glow, Sunway and traders? Which one will u guys recommend?

ramakian

Reaction score
Going there in jan , shortlisted glow, Sunway and traders? Which one will u guys recommend?

Stayed at Glow. Good location n clean. Can skip the breakfast though, eat out better. Passed by Sunway a few times further up the road from Glow. I think can consider if u want more luxury. Traders not familiar.

joeey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stayed at Glow. Good location n clean. Can skip the breakfast though, eat out better. Passed by Sunway a few times further up the road from Glow. I think can consider if u want more luxury. Traders not familiar.

agree that glow is a good locations, but for breakfast wise..... i rather go out to makan their hawkers.. very very pack restaurants at glow

Andrew Lee

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all, what is the recommend food to try along my hotel at jen hotel previously known as trader hotel. Also is there any nightclub/pub to chill for the night?

Around there not much unless you are willing to walk to Penang Road then you should eat the ever famous Penang Teowchew Chendol, their laksa (even tho not the most famous in Penang,but not bad la) and rojak. It is located at Lebuh Kheng Kwee actually. You can also go to the Chowrasta morning market to have a cup of coffee at the alley. At night, you can walk to Kimberley St for some Kuey Chap, Fried Kuey Teow or even some chicken leg noodles. Also,you can go try the Pork Organ Soup at night at Kampung Malabar Road. Journey by foot will take approx. 15 mins to these places from Jen Hotel.

If you want to explore nicer and more delicious local food, you can take a cab to places that you can find famous Penang Local food,but most taxi drivers wont recommend to you the places. Can PM me if you want to know more of these places.

And for nightclubs/pubs, you can go to the one at Midlands One Stop Level 5. Only local knows about this place and I am introducing it to you. Among others are Platinum, Cuvee at Precint 10,Soju at Penang Times Square,Ambank 6th floor at Millionaire Rd

Last edited:

Andrew Lee

Banned
Reaction score
Visited Penang last month,October with 8 of my friends. One of the local food that we explored was this Nasi Kandar some where in Penang. Though it is only a small stall located at the road side, but the taste of this nasi Kandar is really explosive!!!

The queue was long but the wait isn't. Only takes about 10 mins. I ordered some tofu,mutton and vege. Asked the boss to add lots and lots of gravy for us as you can see from the picture. Really delicious and 5 star for this plate of Nasi Kandar. best thing is the price is reasonable! ONLY RM8!!!

8 of us finish this plate of Nasi Kandar within 4 mins!!! Refer to the second pic.

Pic 1:
Nasi%20Kandar%20Air%20Itam.jpg

Pic 2:
Nasi%20Kandar%20Air%20Itam%202.jpg

decade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Visited Penang last month,October with 8 of my friends. One of the local food that we explored was this Nasi Kandar some where in Penang. Though it is only a small stall located at the road side, but the taste of this nasi Kandar is really explosive!!!

The queue was long but the wait isn't. Only takes about 10 mins. I ordered some tofu,mutton and vege. Asked the boss to add lots and lots of gravy for us as you can see from the picture. Really delicious and 5 star for this plate of Nasi Kandar. best thing is the price is reasonable! ONLY RM8!!!

8 of us finish this plate of Nasi Kandar within 4 mins!!! Refer to the second pic.

Pic 1:
Nasi%20Kandar%20Air%20Itam.jpg

Pic 2:
Nasi%20Kandar%20Air%20Itam%202.jpg

Can sic address?

RSKeisuke

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any cheap and good car rental lobang in penang? pick up and drop at airport...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was checking out Cititel Hotel in Penang Road the other day, when I noticed a Nasi Kandar Line Clear about 2 minutes' walk from it.

Has anyone tried that? :)

Andrew Lee

Banned
Reaction score
Was checking out Cititel Hotel in Penang Road the other day, when I noticed a Nasi Kandar Line Clear about 2 minutes' walk from it.

Has anyone tried that? :)

Not nice already,not worth to try. Quality and taste has gone down alot,so do the volume of their customers.Used to be very tokong and famous...one of my previous fav..but now hugely disappointing.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not nice already,not worth to try. Quality and taste has gone down alot,so do the volume of their customers.Used to be very tokong and famous...one of my previous fav..but now hugely disappointing.

Thanks for sharing. :)

joeey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where got service apartments or hotels with 2bedrooms?

Andrew Lee

Banned
Reaction score
Good morning to all those who read this post in the morning. Thought of sharing this Laksa.

Ok,to start it off,this Laksa is super exclusive.Why? Because the uncle ONLY sells this on every Sat & Sun. YES!!

So if you visit Penang on weekdays,so sorry...you don't get to try it. Anyway, this is super delicious and this stall is not known to tourists. Even alot of Penangites didn't know about this stall!Seriously.....

People mostly heard of the Air Itam Laksa which is located nearby Kek Lok Si,along the way to the temple. But to be frank,this laksa stall is too commercialize now and the laksa seriously doesn't taste nice and doesn't reflect the real Penang Laksa.

Ya,back to the exclusive Laksa,it is so much more delicious and tasty than the Air Itam Laksa,no doubt about it.I am not sure anyone of you can view the pic below...

penang-laksa.jpg

Anyway,I plan to create a thread on the local places to eat,visit on the heritage and cultures of Penang.Stay tune!

decade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, can't see the pic of the laksa tat u posted leh... Ditto for the nasi Kandar... Can repost?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.