Aeon Tebrau City

bbmars1128

Reaction score
so there is no more Jusco at JB? any new mall to explore in JB?

Change name all over Malaysia. Not take over or what... Aeon is the parent company which runs Jusco. Now that they had bought over Carrefour, not sure why they change name.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Change name all over Malaysia. Not take over or what... Aeon is the parent company which runs Jusco. Now that they had bought over Carrefour, not sure why they change name.

haha yup aeon normally is the owner of the mall . Normally there would be a jusco inside aeon ... Aeon owns jusco :)

withluck

Reaction score
haha yup aeon normally is the owner of the mall . Normally there would be a jusco inside aeon ... Aeon owns jusco :)

In March 2012, all Jusco stores had been rebranded to aeon store. For community to get used to a new name, it takes time and normally the local community prefers to stick to the old name.

bbmars1128

Reaction score
In March 2012, all Jusco stores had been rebranded to aeon store. For community to get used to a new name, it takes time and normally the local community prefers to stick to the old name.

I made that mistake when I asked my friend to buy something for me at Jusco Indah. He came back telling me can't find Jusco but someone told him Aeon store. I also thought those further afield had their name change but didn't realise that all had change too. Why? because I have been visiting Jusco website for shopping update and information without realising the change, and I am still using it for CNY shopping watch out.

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Is the Tebrau bus stop to city Square still dangerous?

Thinking of going there tommorrow alone but scare of the pickpocket.

Any nearer Tesco hypermart (those big big kind) near to city square? KSL Tesco is abit small to me.

bbmars1128

Reaction score
Hi,

Any nearer Tesco hypermart (those big big kind) near to city square? KSL Tesco is abit small to me.

Actually, just be careful that's all. Watch out for people crowing around you but not getting up the bus. Their tactic is to sandwich you between so they can pick on you. Apart from that... don't think need to worry too much. I have been there many times on my own... only encountered once when we were in a group of 3. Share this over here sometime back.

one guy went up the bus and stop at the door way, my colleague went up and another 2 guys follow suit. My colleague paid his fare while the other 3 guys came down. We were all wondering why ... only to be asked by the driver whether we lost anything. Unfortunately, my colleague said no... and the driver drove off. Later he discovered his wallet missing.
Driver was aware of this tactic as he had seen it the week before. He said these guys were foreigners, not local.

I often do not sit on the bench at the bus stop and constantly looking around at the people. Not sure why I did that.... but it is good that no one is near to you when you get up or can't be help, watch your stuff. My colleague wore a 3/4 pants with loose pocket at the side. Can't feel anything at all when pickpocketed... while I often can feel the tension of my wallet in my pants.

icyblakes

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From JB Sentral to Aeon tebrau got free shuttle? Where can I take?

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
From JB Sentral to Aeon tebrau got free shuttle? Where can I take?

Got free shuttle meh? I have never heard off. Do share if you get any info. :)

There is a public bus going there from JB Sentral interchange - chargeable.

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually, just be careful that's all. Watch out for people crowing around you but not getting up the bus. Their tactic is to sandwich you between so they can pick on you. Apart from that... don't think need to worry too much. I have been there many times on my own... only encountered once when we were in a group of 3. Share this over here sometime back.

one guy went up the bus and stop at the door way, my colleague went up and another 2 guys follow suit. My colleague paid his fare while the other 3 guys came down. We were all wondering why ... only to be asked by the driver whether we lost anything. Unfortunately, my colleague said no... and the driver drove off. Later he discovered his wallet missing.
Driver was aware of this tactic as he had seen it the week before. He said these guys were foreigners, not local.

I often do not sit on the bench at the bus stop and constantly looking around at the people. Not sure why I did that.... but it is good that no one is near to you when you get up or can't be help, watch your stuff. My colleague wore a 3/4 pants with loose pocket at the side. Can't feel anything at all when pickpocketed... while I often can feel the tension of my wallet in my pants.

Ya, i read in your post in JB sharing forum. That is why I am scared. I didn't go in the end cos i see the bus quite old and run down at JB Sentral. End up I went KSL Tesco instead. Nothing much there. Tebrau Tesco is better. :(

bbmars1128

Reaction score
Got free shuttle meh? I have never heard off. Do share if you get any info. :)

There is a public bus going there from JB Sentral interchange - chargeable.
I think there is. Never taken before but last year on weekend, my colleague told me she and her husband took the free bus to Tebrau, no sure it is still available.

bbmars1128

Reaction score
Hi,

Was at Tebrau last Sunday, super pack and warm especially at Aeon supermarket. Can feel the heat, so can imagine how pack that place was? However, friends went in on Saturday said it was that pack.

Bought Tong's Garden Shandong nut at RM1.88/pk.
100plus 1.5L 3x RM6.48 super cheap

I didn't have much time there as I was already fully loaded. neighbours drove in and I tag along. Went to Johor Jaya CNY market. Road just beside Daiman Bowl. The wet market was opened (Sunday) and I bought Green Pea cookie there too.. RM15/bottle (~420g). Cookies more like the crush peanut cookie that are only firm to keep in shape. put in your mouth easily crushed. Hand made, I think its worth it as I had seen few others mostly cheaper but machine made and seems not so interesting... my opinion. Actually, hard to compare, if you like it, you will buy, else no matter what... waste $$.
Bought Kit Kat Ruby, RM29.8 at The Store. someone recommended this but she could only find it in KL. Managed to find it here. Aeon and Tesco don't sell

I tried hail taxi yesterday at CS to the same place but none willing to take me there. So spend the 3-4 hrs CS drink coffee before heading to KSL night market for more makan.

jtdcjtdc

Reaction score
from JB Sentral/CIQ bus stop, bus going to AEON Tebrau right? to go back to JB Sentral/CIQ, just hop on the same spot where alighted?

jtdcjtdc

Reaction score
Been there, so here's what's inside. Personally, its not worth that much to specifically visit, unless you're looking for something specific in Jusco. Trip from JB Sentral bus station (look for signs saying Jusco Tebrau or ask to be sure before paying, fare is RM2.50). Travel time is around 35 minutes one way.

tenants_zps2e6u1fmd.jpg

gndflr_zpsuk909rfa.jpg

1stflr_zpsoqhbsrmv.jpg

2ndflr_zps34jfkxky.jpg

Going back, have to cross via an overhead road, as you cannot cross the street to go to the opposite bus stop (from where you alighted). Fare going back to JB Sentral is RM2.50 as well.

Outside the JUSCO grocery, with the car park, there are taxis you can ride. However they are bloodsuckers, I was quoted RM30 from there to KSL City Mall (that trip is shorter than JB Sentral). No way man. Maybe RM25 is forgivable since I read the coupon taxi from JB Sentral to Jusco Tebrau is RM21++, and that is JB Sentral already, not KSL!

For the bus, actually you can pay RM2.40 as that's the exact fare. However they just disregard the RM0.10 change if you don't pay exact.

Last edited:

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
City sq dont have supermarket but aeon tebrau city has one.

However aeon is much further away which you must take bus or cab.

Ya lor, they should have one near City square to attract those without transport.

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
We bought a house in Austin Heights nearby so always frequent this shopping centre when we go to our weekend house. Love the 1rm parking. Usually dine at Tang Shifu, my kids love their S$10 sharks fin soup with fragrant rice and I love their herbal soups...buy milk powder at S$40 compared to more than S$70 in Sg and recently bought cheap S$10 shorts there...

Hope to watch movies and go for massage, think at Tesco, I saw a shop for massage, next time we go there...

bbmars1128

Reaction score
...... Usually dine at Tang Shifu, my kids love their S$10 sharks fin soup with fragrant rice and I love their herbal soups...

Dine at that place 3x times. However, have not gone back there since. Reason? Food quality not consistent. 1st time, good. 2nd and 3rd time, food taste more salty and a little more oily. Has since stopped patronising.
I used to buy herbal soup (六味汤)packing from there. buy 8 get 1 free. However, I soon found out later that the herbs are not that fresh. In fact, moist and a little wet which is not suppose to be the case (easily grow fungis). On 2 occasions, there are missing items inside, I told the staff the next time I went there but they just brush me off and was told can't do anything. Eventually, I decided to go back to Fook Hai Building to buy the same thing which is cheaper.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.