CW3S

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How long is the journey from JE to sutera mall?

Sent from Milk Aunt :D using GAGT

Excluding waiting time, from my experience on weekdays:

JE to 2nd Link - 30 mins
JB CIQ to X-junction near Jusco Bukit Indah - 20 mins
Then another 10 to 15 mins to Sutera Mall
Total about 1.5 hrs including immigration/custom clearance and crossing the bridge, or up to 2 hrs

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
weekends traffic jam 2nd link kastam difficult to tell

I realized that the long queue/wait of buses at JB CIQ 2nd Link is because they now allow 2 or 3 buses to offload passengers at a time, as opposed to how all buses used to offload at once and the immigration halls got really packed with travelers.

Recently while in a tour bus waiting for our turn, I noticed a CW bus driving pass on the other lane. I wonder if these buses don't need to wait their turn...

But of course, if it's a jam along the road even before hitting our Tuas CIQ... :s22:

FinchGuy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On way back, what are the kinds of checks by M'sia Customs for bus travellers?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I realized that the long queue/wait of buses at JB CIQ 2nd Link is because they now allow 2 or 3 buses to offload passengers at a time, as opposed to how all buses used to offload at once and the immigration halls got really packed with travelers.

Recently while in a tour bus waiting for our turn, I noticed a CW bus driving pass on the other lane. I wonder if these buses don't need to wait their turn...

But of course, if it's a jam along the road even before hitting our Tuas CIQ... :s22:

I suppose the tour buses get lower priority because there has to be available berths for them to park while waiting for passengers to re-board.

happy.milk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Excluding waiting time, from my experience on weekdays:

JE to 2nd Link - 30 mins
JB CIQ to X-junction near Jusco Bukit Indah - 20 mins
Then another 10 to 15 mins to Sutera Mall
Total about 1.5 hrs including immigration/custom clearance and crossing the bridge, or up to 2 hrs

Weekday oso 2hrs ah.
If I take 8.30am bus will it be better?

So the fastest route is by train right?

Last edited:

happy.milk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Upto 2hrs. If you're lucky, 1hr to reach Bukit Indah, then there's the other 15mins+/- to reach Sutera Mall.

I'm not sure how to get to Sutera Mall (wasn't that your original destination?) via train.

Nvr take bus from je so thinking whether is it faster than train.

CW3S how the frequency?
Does CW3S stop directly at bukit indah?

I gng wif one female friend only she worried we might get lost.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nvr take bus from je so thinking whether is it faster than train.

CW3S how the frequency?
Does CW3S stop directly at bukit indah?

I gng wif one female friend only she worried we might get lost.

To get to places like Gelang Patah, Bukit Indah, and Sutera Mall, I go via JE. Bus ride itself from JE to SG CIQ is about half an hour already. Not sure about schedule, can see from their website.

Once you pass JB immigration and customs, you'll have to go queue for the bus going to your desired destination. For Aeon Bukit Indah, take the bus going there. For Sutera Mall, take the bus going to SM... this bus will pass the traffic junction that's behind Aeon BI and sometimes there are passengers alighting here.

Quite difficult to get lost if you're alert and willing to ask the CW staff for help/advise.

happy.milk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To get to places like Gelang Patah, Bukit Indah, and Sutera Mall, I go via JE. Bus ride itself from JE to SG CIQ is about half an hour already. Not sure about schedule, can see from their website.

Once you pass JB immigration and customs, you'll have to go queue for the bus going to your desired destination. For Aeon Bukit Indah, take the bus going there. For Sutera Mall, take the bus going to SM... this bus will pass the traffic junction that's behind Aeon BI and sometimes there are passengers alighting here.

Quite difficult to get lost if you're alert and willing to ask the CW staff for help/advise.

So the place we drop off, is the same pick up point back to tuas checkpoint.

Thanks.

happy.milk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Sutera Mall, yes. But you've to check with the driver before boarding at the entrance coming back, if he's heading to Tuas or just returned from SG to head to the JB terminal.

Most of friends said dangerous for 2 gers to go sutera mall n bukit indah.

Really dat unsafe for gers to go there meh.

Best stick to city square n ksl.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most of friends said dangerous for 2 gers to go sutera mall n bukit indah.

Really dat unsafe for gers to go there meh.

Best stick to city square n ksl.

IMO, it's alright. Just stay alert and don't do anything to attract unnecessary attention. Dress down, stay humble, stay alert if you've to walk along the streets/pavements. Don't take out a calculator... in fact, don't even bring a calculator with you. Just use your handphone if you've to convert whatever prices - quietly. Or even better, just do mental calculations. When you chat, don't say things like "Singapore cheaper hor, this one Singapore also have, etc". I've friends like that, and I try not to walk too near to them when they bring out such habits despite my warning.

In the bus if there's just a few passengers, try to sit where the driver can see you (somewhere in front, if you can).

For Aeon Bukit Indah, you'll be alighting at a bus stop then walk along a covered walkway that cuts across an open carpark. There should be other passengers walking with you, so just go along and don't talk too much (stay alert) until you go into the mall. I'd suggest you don't go outside to the shophouses or other nearby malls (Tesco/Giant) if this is your first time in that area. When coming back from there, the waiting point is somewhere in front of the coffeeshop across the road from the earlier bus stop.

For Sutera Mall, the bus will stop right at the entrance, so just alight and go in.

In the malls, try not to visit the washroom alone but go together since there are 2 of you.

happy.milk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMO, it's alright. Just stay alert and don't do anything to attract unnecessary attention. Dress down, stay humble, stay alert if you've to walk along the streets/pavements. Don't take out a calculator... in fact, don't even bring a calculator with you. Just use your handphone if you've to convert whatever prices - quietly. Or even better, just do mental calculations. When you chat, don't say things like "Singapore cheaper hor, this one Singapore also have, etc". I've friends like that, and I try not to walk too near to them when they bring out such habits despite my warning.

In the bus if there's just a few passengers, try to sit where the driver can see you (somewhere in front, if you can).

For Aeon Bukit Indah, you'll be alighting at a bus stop then walk along a covered walkway that cuts across an open carpark. There should be other passengers walking with you, so just go along and don't talk too much (stay alert) until you go into the mall. I'd suggest you don't go outside to the shophouses or other nearby malls (Tesco/Giant) if this is your first time in that area. When coming back from there, the waiting point is somewhere in front of the coffeeshop across the road from the earlier bus stop.

For Sutera Mall, the bus will stop right at the entrance, so just alight and go in.

In the malls, try not to visit the washroom alone but go together since there are 2 of you.

Thanks for your advice.

Have u been to Aeon Tebrau city?
Which is better for shopping Aeon Tebrau or Aeon Bukit Indah?

If not, take cab shld be safe bah.

ghostalker08

Reaction score
Aeon Tebrau is much better than Aeon Bukit Indah in my opinion.

Also there are some recent changes with the pickup of Causewaylink buses from Aeon Bukit Indah to Singapore.

Now the pickup point (BI to SG) is at the bus stop itself in front of Aeon.

Same bus stop you alight from when you go to Aeon Bukit Indah by CW3 or CW6 Causewaylink buses.

I will post the picture of the notice they posted on the bus stop in the next few days.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also there are some recent changes with the pickup of Causewaylink buses from Aeon Bukit Indah to Singapore.

Now the pickup point (BI to SG) is at the bus stop itself in front of Aeon.

Same bus stop you alight from when you go to Aeon Bukit Indah by CW3 or CW6 Causewaylink buses.

So they moved the JB-SG pickup point back to that bus stop? I've been wondering how long that coffeeshop's going to tolerate the crowd/queue outside/beside them at peak hours. :s13:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice.

Have u been to Aeon Tebrau city?
Which is better for shopping Aeon Tebrau or Aeon Bukit Indah?

If not, take cab shld be safe bah.

Aeon Tebrau City would be my choice as it's much bigger than BI's. More shops and makan choices so you don't even need to think about going outside.

I won't recommend taking bus to Tebrau City for you... cab is safe in general though fare may be higher if they don't turn on the meter. I've been using GrabCar in JB and feel it's pretty safe, if you want/dare to try that.

Otherwise, "safest" cab would be from the taxi kiosk next to JB Sentral which you can see on your right while walking from the CIQ building. There you've to pay the fare at the counter then hop into the cab they allocate to you.

Coming back, I used to take cab from the little kiosk at the side of the road out from the supermarket exit. Tell the person/people sitting under the shelter where you want to go then get into the allocated cab. Pre-determined fare to be paid to driver at destination. Again, higher than meter... I just avoid hailing passing cabs, or even those queuing outside the mall.

ghostalker08

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.