HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dental clinic in jb

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2017, 08:01 AM   #1

Dental clinic in jb

Hi.. anyone has recommendation for root canal treatment at jb?
nahbehism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 06:22 AM   #2

Hi.. anyone has recommendation for root canal treatment at jb?
Dental Clinic CH TEE
37-37A, Jalan Sutera, Taman Sentosa, 80150 Johor Bahru.
Johor Bahru, Johor 80150

+60 7-333 3372

Mon - Fri : 9am - 6pm
Sat : 9am - 5pm
Sun & Public Holidays : Closed
Lunch : 12:30pm - 2pm

Root: RM800
Crown: RM800
hwsstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 09:46 AM   #3

Dental Clinic CH TEE
Johor Bahru, Johor 80150

+60 7-333 3372

Root: RM800
Crown: RM800
There's no need to call to make appointment as the clinic doesn't do appointment for 1st time patient.

My suggestion: go in early, be there before the clinic opens. There will likely be less than 5 people in the queue outside the clinic, & some of these may already have appointments with their assigned dentist. If you're driving, there's lots of parking places at that time of the day; and if you are not driving, a taxi there from Sentral, is RM12 (quoted by the taxi booth).

Once you've submitted your particulars service is prompt. Each dentist will have their own cubicle (no rooms).

I've done a filling, polishing, scaling & crowning with this clinic - in July. I recommended a friend, & his wife is in progress with Root & Crowning.

Wi-Fi is available.

Last edited by hwsstx; 30-08-2017 at 11:55 AM..
Old 30-08-2017, 11:09 AM   #4

There's no need to call to make appointment as the clinic doesn't do appointment for 1st time patient.

My suggestion: go in early, be there before the clinic opens. There will likely be less than 5 people in the queue outside the clinic, & some of these may already have appointments with their assigned dentist.

Once you've submitted your particulars service is prompt. Each dentist will have their own cubicle (no rooms).

I've done a filling, polishing, scaling & crowning with this clinic - in July. I recommended a friend & his wife is doing Root & Crowning.

Wi-Fi is available.
how much is the polishing & scaling?
ShinoNayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 11:27 AM   #5

how much is the polishing & scaling?
I did a front tooth filling + polishing + scaling + 1x X-ray in July, & I paid total RM230.

Later in the month, I did a Crown for RM800. I was very pleased with this Crown, as the SG dentist wanted to replace the tooth with an implant - that was going to cost me a few thousand SGD. This JB dentist wasn't convince I should replace it with an implant & proceeded to save & Crown it.

Info
Implant RM6500*
Crowning RM800
Root canal RM800
Laser Teeth Whitening: RM 1500
Manual Whitening** : RM 500
Scaling & Polishing: RM 100 - 150. I think Scaling alone is RM 100.

* depends on make & type, & MYR performance (make & type may refers to Korean or Germany make for example)

** mould, chemical provided.
How much the teeth get Whitenned isn't guaranteed (laser or manual).

Wish I could put a pic of the front of the clinic, but I dont seem to be able too...maybe I am still Junior.
Habrosus likes this.

Last edited by hwsstx; 31-08-2017 at 12:04 PM..
Old 30-08-2017, 04:34 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wow.. would consider doing root canal for the price. Can share feedback from your friend's wife on the outcome?
Insatiable_creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 10:16 PM   #7

Price is not bad.... Cheaper then SG.... Do use this as a guide before u do any procedure.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/dam/m...ed%202015).pdf

Just incase u get charge more.
Old 31-08-2017, 05:29 AM   #8

Wow.. would consider doing root canal for the price. Can share feedback from your friend's wife on the outcome?
He says: She's quite satisfied with her dentist for root canal treatment.
Old 31-08-2017, 12:00 PM   #9

Dental Clinic CH TEE
Johor Bahru, Johor 80150

+60 7-333 3372

Some thoughts about this Clinic CH Tee.

There are other clinics around Taman Sentosa but all that I noticed are only occupying 2nd floor. Clinic CH Tee looks like the biggest there, with it occupying 1st & 2nd floors.

Clinic CH Tee also employs quite a number of staffs, dentists & nurses.

All these observations only help me to gauge its popularity. My visits there are positive experiences. The dentist who attended to me also said there are "many" SG come to this clinic. This Clinic was introduced to me by a colleague who frequented it when he was attending schools in JB. He introduced to me in 2011 but it was only this year I seeked it for treatment.

You may have a different opinion - pls do share.
Old 31-08-2017, 12:15 PM   #10
High Supremacy Member

Pls post namecard here
Old 02-09-2017, 05:12 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

He says: She's quite satisfied with her dentist for root canal treatment.

There are other clinics around Taman Sentosa but all that I noticed are only occupying 2nd floor. Clinic CH Tee looks like the biggest there, with it occupying 1st & 2nd floors.

All these observations only help me to gauge its popularity. My visits there are positive experiences. The dentist who attended to me also said there are "many" SG come to this clinic. This Clinic was introduced to me by a colleague who frequented it when he was attending schools in JB. He introduced to me in 2011 but it was only this year I seeked it for treatment.

Thanks for the rec! Visit Sentosa at least once a fortnight. Will go check out the place soon!

Noticed that the fb page and google map using the address in the earlier post displayed different locations. Is it right in front of Plaza Sentosa?

Last edited by Insatiable_creat; 02-09-2017 at 05:26 PM..
Insatiable_creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:48 PM   #12

Hi, would you know if they do braces there? and if so around how much? thanks!
H0cusP0cus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:49 PM   #13

Is it right in front of Plaza Sentosa?
Yes it is right in front of Plaza Sentosa (right in front of the taxi stand for Plaza Sentosa). When it is not opened for business it has a yellow grate over the front of the shop.
Unfortunately I am still Junior to share the pic.

Last edited by hwsstx; 02-09-2017 at 07:11 PM..
Old 02-09-2017, 06:50 PM   #14

Hi, would you know if they do braces there? and if so around how much? thanks!
Yes they do braces but I don't know what's the cost - give them a call.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:37 PM   #15

More thoughts.

The cost of procedures is decided by the dentist. The dentist will write it down in your records, & you hand this to the receptionist. You pay the receptionist & she will issue you with a receipt torn from a block of receipts, like from a sundry shop. The receipt is for the total cost of the procedure - there will be no detail billing.

Note: There's no mention of GST...maybe it is already included in the total bill. I didn't ask & I don't want to know too.

My ex-classmate, now a dentist in Penang commented:
I don't think this clinic adds on GST to the actual cost of the treatment. What you have paid i.e RM230 for SnP&1 filling plus RM 800 for a crown is quite reasonable. About the going rate here in Penang! Some clinics even charge RM 1200 for rct/crowns on molars!

Last edited by hwsstx; 02-09-2017 at 07:54 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.