HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Jetstar & Penang

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #1

Jetstar & Penang

Just wondering if anyone has used Jetstar(3K) 's SAM Machine Payment method before..

Googled and found that the system has alot of problems but those threads were 2010 or earlier. Having just paid for my tix to penang today, anyone knows how long will it take for the itinerary to be sent to me? Since its a sale fare i don't want to end up having the system to autocancel my booking because of 'no payment received' problems

Oh and does anyone have a good budget hotel to recommend in penang within vicinity of lots and lots and lots of food?? Haha! Best below 60/night.
addicted-addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #2

Budget hotel = Tune Hotel by Airasia. 60rm or Sgd ?
whoisD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #3

SGD. Is it good? Thinking of Sunway Hotel Georgetown.. anyone has any negative/positive feedback about it ??
Old 25-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #4

SGD. Is it good? Thinking of Sunway Hotel Georgetown.. anyone has any negative/positive feedback about it ??
I like this hotel, food street at night right outside the hotel. But if you are driving there, please remember the road becomes 1 way at night, first time I didn't know and got many dirty looks from people and street hawkers alike....
the_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

Just wondering if anyone has used Jetstar(3K) 's SAM Machine Payment method before..

Googled and found that the system has alot of problems but those threads were 2010 or earlier. Having just paid for my tix to penang today, anyone knows how long will it take for the itinerary to be sent to me? Since its a sale fare i don't want to end up having the system to autocancel my booking because of 'no payment received' problems
I didn't use the SAM, but I went to 7-11 to make payment coz I don't wanna incur the booking fee. LOL. The itinerary was emailed to me the next working day.
Old 25-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
Master Member

I booked Jetstar all the time and paid via SAM the very next day. I know they give us 48 hours to make the payment but I don't want to risk anything.

so far no mishaps. itinerary was emailed to me 2-3 days later.
Denikeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #7
Master Member

I booked Jetstar all the time and paid via SAM the very next day. I know they give us 48 hours to make the payment but I don't want to risk anything.

normally wil pay by 711 faster/// one day later will receive the itinerary
dede1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 06:15 AM   #8

I like this hotel, food street at night right outside the hotel. But if you are driving there, please remember the road becomes 1 way at night, first time I didn't know and got many dirty looks from people and street hawkers alike....
Haha! I'm taking a plane there. But is the hotel that old like what other reviews say??
Old 26-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #9

if i book one way from somewhere to SIN, the fare would be charged in foreign currency. is there a way to escape the credit card fee??
singbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #10

if i book one way from somewhere to SIN, the fare would be charged in foreign currency. is there a way to escape the credit card fee??
I highly doubt so.. These kind of charges are like hidden charges. Never know about it till you come to the payment page. Haha!
Old 26-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #11
Master Member

it's budget airlines for a reason. these kind of fees are their bread and butter.
Denikeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #12

Sunway hotel is okay I guess as that street is full of foods. Maybe you can get a good rate for Gurney Hotel at below 150rm a night or Northam Suites but it all depends. Cititel is okay too as night life are there and the Red Garden opposite as good hawker , must try the cempedak cake if you happen to be there. City Bayview at UPR. Maybe tell me what you looking for specific ?
Old 26-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #13

Sunway hotel - rate at S$125.00 for Deluxe room for 2 paxs incl bfast is not cheap. Also according to reviews, very old and under renovation. Bayview Georgetown at $105.00 is a better choice with nice buffet b'fast which I stayed before and intend to stay next month.
kweklj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #14

Sunway hotel is okay I guess as that street is full of foods. Maybe you can get a good rate for Gurney Hotel at below 150rm a night or Northam Suites but it all depends. Cititel is okay too as night life are there and the Red Garden opposite as good hawker , must try the cempedak cake if you happen to be there. City Bayview at UPR. Maybe tell me what you looking for specific ?
After hours of searching last night i shortlisted Cititel as one of my options. I'm looking for something cheap yet good and near all the makan place as well as attractions haha!

Sunway hotel - rate at S$125.00 for Deluxe room for 2 paxs incl bfast is not cheap. Also according to reviews, very old and under renovation. Bayview Georgetown at $105.00 is a better choice with nice buffet b'fast which I stayed before and intend to stay next month.
I don't think I wanna book one with buffet breakfast. Rather go outside hotel makan since Penang is food haven. if eat buffet ltr stomach no space stuff more food liao haha!
Old 27-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #15

Good luck. There's famous breakfast kopitiam along pulau tikus area as well, opposite bellies row, kuey chap and banana pancake is famous. Try Kayu Nasi kandar and the giant Roti tisu.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.