HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Johor Bahru - share is caring

Like Tree619Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2017, 12:10 AM   #4666
High Supremacy Member

notice this mall is more far than Tebrau than i think roughly roughtly is RM30-35?

maybe go next time. how u ppl use data plan in jb??

Use promo code "aeonmallbdo" for grab rm8 off 2 rides to/from aeon bandar dato onn.

Source: http://goodyfeed.com/today-7-sept-20...nn-heres-know/
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 12:35 AM   #4667
Arch-Supremacy Member

notice this mall is more far than Tebrau than i think roughly roughtly is RM30-35?

maybe go next time. how u ppl use data plan in jb??
I have a roaming plan. Alternatively just go to Starbucks or somewhere with WiFi lo.

Sent from my toaster oven using GAGT
kosongice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 12:45 AM   #4668

Where is the new Aeon mall?
faded11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 08:46 AM   #4669
Junior Moderator

Where is the new Aeon mall?
Aeon Mall Bandar Dato’ Onn
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 12:18 PM   #4670
High Supremacy Member

take bus to Jusco Bukit Indah safe a nt? heard many pick pocket outside.
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 01:29 PM   #4671
Junior Moderator

It's safer to answer your question by saying it's not safe.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #4672
High Honorary Member

More dangerous than china, safer than europe
mosmos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 09:18 PM   #4673
Supremacy Member

eh are these 2 pick up points at Komtar to take Grab/Uber?

Or is it same point, just different angle?

Old 14-09-2017, 09:22 PM   #4674
Master Member

What is a grab stand???

Just grab anywhere?
xsoldix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 09:23 PM   #4675

I was at the new Aeon mall at Dato Onn yesterday. Yes, the theme is somewhat similar to Tebrau Aeon... but teddy bear theme.

My opinion, walking around the mall, found new brands that are not found in Tebrau branch. Went into Supermarket..... Seems upmarket.... like KL style but I am better than Midvalley Aeon. Atas food court.... kind of thing.

Guess what? I bought nothing from the supermarket. The price seems to be more costly than the Tebrau branch.. I am not sure whether the price has gone up for all branches or it is just that branch alone. More like SG price. Even discount and promotion isn't that interesting.

Spend about 1hr at Secret Recipt... very disappointed with the service too. Staff don't understand English. So we can understand.. we ordered 4 cakes, 4 drinks and chicken cornice.

After sometime:
1. staff came back told us one the cake not available, ask to change fruit type.

2. Staff came back again, told use one of the drinks not available, change to Green tea, think he didn't understood. Came back again to confirm

3. 3 cakes were delivered, waiting for the last one which we change to fruit type

4. Finally came but it was what we requested for initially... instead of the fruit type.

5. waited very long, check for chicken cornice, same staff went to ask supervisor, sup said check pc. Then I found out from pc not ordered. This was the 1st item staff wrote on his order paper. I saw him writing it down. I asked to cancel due to timing.

6. Found out that one drink didn't arrived. When to check again only to be told by sup that not on my order list.

Asked to cancel whatever left and left, pay and left for Econ Save at Taman Daya for grocery shopping. Friend drove to the opposite side and park the car. We had dinner eating pasar malam stuff (opposite Macdonald which is next to Econ Save).

Last edited by bbmars1128; 14-09-2017 at 09:29 PM..
bbmars1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 11:11 PM   #4676
Supremacy Member

eh are these 2 pick up points at Komtar to take Grab/Uber?

Or is it same point, just different angle?
Same sign/point, just different side of it.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 11:13 PM   #4677
Arch-Supremacy Member

I was at the new Aeon mall at Dato Onn yesterday. Yes, the theme is somewhat similar to Tebrau Aeon... but teddy bear theme.

My opinion, walking around the mall, found new brands that are not found in Tebrau branch. Went into Supermarket..... Seems upmarket.... like KL style but I am better than Midvalley Aeon. Atas food court.... kind of thing.

Guess what? I bought nothing from the supermarket. The price seems to be more costly than the Tebrau branch.. I am not sure whether the price has gone up for all branches or it is just that branch alone. More like SG price. Even discount and promotion isn't that interesting.

Spend about 1hr at Secret Recipt... very disappointed with the service too. Staff don't understand English. So we can understand.. we ordered 4 cakes, 4 drinks and chicken cornice.

After sometime:
1. staff came back told us one the cake not available, ask to change fruit type.

2. Staff came back again, told use one of the drinks not available, change to Green tea, think he didn't understood. Came back again to confirm

3. 3 cakes were delivered, waiting for the last one which we change to fruit type

4. Finally came but it was what we requested for initially... instead of the fruit type.

5. waited very long, check for chicken cornice, same staff went to ask supervisor, sup said check pc. Then I found out from pc not ordered. This was the 1st item staff wrote on his order paper. I saw him writing it down. I asked to cancel due to timing.

6. Found out that one drink didn't arrived. When to check again only to be told by sup that not on my order list.

Asked to cancel whatever left and left, pay and left for Econ Save at Taman Daya for grocery shopping. Friend drove to the opposite side and park the car. We had dinner eating pasar malam stuff (opposite Macdonald which is next to Econ Save).
Secret Recipe never good to start with. Not sure why so many Sinkies feel they are some elite or tasty brand.

Sent from my toaster oven using GAGT
kosongice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 11:15 PM   #4678
Supremacy Member

Spend about 1hr at Secret Recipt...
I've had similar experience with the City Square branch one weekday afternoon. Only a few tables had customers and yet they didn't seem to know what to do/serve. This, despite us speaking partially in Malay too.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 11:18 PM   #4679

I've had similar experience with the City Square branch one weekday afternoon. Only a few tables had customers and yet they didn't seem to know what to do/serve. This, despite us speaking partially in Malay too.
The young Malaysians' English is very chialat! Even the Chinese ones.
FinchGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 11:56 PM   #4680
Supremacy Member

Secret recipe in Malaysia shld always be forever kept in secret sia
Alex.hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.