Jusco Tebrau: Crime Advisory when taking bus

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
go where to take cab from tebrau? is it safe? going alone and im a girl.:(

One has to be very alert if choose to shop at Tebrau. I've also been reading about other crimes in that area, where Malaysians themselves were the victims. Anyway, for us, the pickpocket cases are mainly in the bus stop coming back, so take cab as far as possible.

If you really have to go alone, this will be my personal opinion, based on my own experiences taking cab there and back:

- On the bridge where you walk from JB CIQ to JB Sentral, you'll be able to see the bus station on your left and a taxi stand - booth and many taxis on your right, on the street level below.
Head for that taxi booth, tell the guy inside where you want to go, and purchase a ticket from him. He'll give you the ticket with the taxi number written on it. Look for the taxi which will normally be pointed out to you.

Another alternative is to take a cab from the entrance of the City Square's office building side. That's what I've been doing myself, only tried that booth mentioned earlier when I was lazy to walk from JB Sentral and ended up paying RM10 to go to Holiday Plaza. :p

- Coming back, I normally leave Jusco via the supermarket side of the building and head for the little shelter near the roadside, where a group of cab drivers sit around. Just approach the shelter and tell them you want a cab back to JB CIQ or City Square. One of the guys who wants to take you back will quote a price - I've experienced either RM20 before 4pm or so, and RM25 after that when it's peak hours. I bypass the taxi queue right outside the building, and take the cab from here instead. Maybe that queue is alright, but I feel more comfortable with the "uncle group" at the shelter. :p

Prices may be slightly higher this way, but I personally feel safer taking from a booth where the drivers know each other or when there's centralized management of some sort.

Having said that, Tebrau is normally a place I go only when I really have to, because of its reputation as compared to the other malls like Bukit Indah, City Square, KSL, and even Holiday Plaza. Yes, the Tesco and then the Jusco malls are exceptional big, but I find myself having to be extra alert there - can be very tiring at times. :o

Even walking towards that cab shelter over at Jusco, you'll also have to be careful cos there's an open carpark there. Better safe than sorry...

Last edited:

ABuNeNe

Banned
Reaction score
go where to take cab from tebrau? is it safe? going alone and im a girl.:(
Safer in day time but better to go in with a friend especially you are a xmm.

Juz go out of the main entrance you'll see the alot of taxi parking outside but I prefer to turn right and walk to the main road to take the taxi.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Safer in day time but better to go in with a friend especially you are a xmm.

Juz go out of the main entrance you'll see the alot of taxi parking outside but I prefer to turn right and walk to the main road to take the taxi.

Yes, that's what I did, turning right to the main road, but take those allocated by the people at the little shelter over there. :)

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One has to be very alert if choose to shop at Tebrau. I've also been reading about other crimes in that area, where Malaysians themselves were the victims. Anyway, for us, the pickpocket cases are mainly in the bus stop coming back, so take cab as far as possible.

If you really have to go alone, this will be my personal opinion, based on my own experiences taking cab there and back:

- On the bridge where you walk from JB CIQ to JB Sentral, you'll be able to see the bus station on your left and a taxi stand - booth and many taxis on your right, on the street level below.
Head for that taxi booth, tell the guy inside where you want to go, and purchase a ticket from him. He'll give you the ticket with the taxi number written on it. Look for the taxi which will normally be pointed out to you.

Another alternative is to take a cab from the entrance of the City Square's office building side. That's what I've been doing myself, only tried that booth mentioned earlier when I was lazy to walk from JB Sentral and ended up paying RM10 to go to Holiday Plaza. :p

- Coming back, I normally leave Jusco via the supermarket side of the building and head for the little shelter near the roadside, where a group of cab drivers sit around. Just approach the shelter and tell them you want a cab back to JB CIQ or City Square. One of the guys who wants to take you back will quote a price - I've experienced either RM20 before 4pm or so, and RM25 after that when it's peak hours. I bypass the taxi queue right outside the building, and take the cab from here instead. Maybe that queue is alright, but I feel more comfortable with the "uncle group" at the shelter. :p

Prices may be slightly higher this way, but I personally feel safer taking from a booth where the drivers know each other or when there's centralized management of some sort.

Having said that, Tebrau is normally a place I go only when I really have to, because of its reputation as compared to the other malls like Bukit Indah, City Square, KSL, and even Holiday Plaza. Yes, the Tesco and then the Jusco malls are exceptional big, but I find myself having to be extra alert there - can be very tiring at times. :o

Even walking towards that cab shelter over at Jusco, you'll also have to be careful cos there's an open carpark there. Better safe than sorry...

thanks for the detailed explanation! the bus stop is it below CIQ? where there are a lot of buses to various other places like JPO etc?

may i know where is the city square office side? is it level 1?

as for the shelter at jusco, i remember seeing a large carpark with shelter, there are a lot of taxi uncles, some were standing at the shelter, while some were situated at the entrance of the supermarket. i suppose they should be reliable? :o

what happen when walking towards the cab shelter? ppl will come rob you!? :eek::(

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the detailed explanation! the bus stop is it below CIQ? where there are a lot of buses to various other places like JPO etc?

may i know where is the city square office side? is it level 1?

as for the shelter at jusco, i remember seeing a large carpark with shelter, there are a lot of taxi uncles, some were standing at the shelter, while some were situated at the entrance of the supermarket. i suppose they should be reliable? :o

what happen when walking towards the cab shelter? ppl will come rob you!? :eek::(
Buses to Tebrau, JPO, etc? Those are from JB Sentral, a separate building linked to the JB CIQ via the bridge.

Down the escalator over at the Atrium's side, to the ground floor, turn right into the passageway and you'll walk into the office building's lobby. Can ask the shop assistants or people around if you're not sure.

Over at Tebrau Jusco, I've only taken the cab from the makeshift shelter at the entrance to the compound, as described below.

where is the main road? is it the entrance where cars turn in to enter the carpark?
The "main road" I was referring to: Exit from the Jusco supermarket side, turn right and walk straight.

Didjerama

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my biggest suggestion is to remember to take taxi wherever you go. if not drive.
as long as you follow these two rules, you dun get yourself exposed.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.