Malacca Jonker street nite market is going to close down

buswhiz

Reaction score
quite sad, jonker street is very famous and many people will visit there during weekends..

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
stupid... killing their own tourism industry.

hohohos

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jonker street night market is one of the reason why I visit
Malacca every year..afternoon only go there for the chicken rice and
三叔公 shop:)

pacetone

Reaction score
Although Jonkers Street does not have much to offer to me, I'll feel sad for so many hawkers there. What are they going to do?

jinmuddy

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing much there. I'm pretty sure it'll pop up somewhere months down the road.

spore

Reaction score
So is Jonker Street really closed down now? I intend to go Malacca in August

buswhiz

Reaction score
is still open, dont worry.. the only difference is there is no longer road block by the authorities

kmlimgmail

Reaction score
I went to Malacca last year November.
Jonker is nice. Food is great and cheaper than Sg. Drinks are expensive but overall good rustic getaway from city Singapore.
I would go back again, but the travel prices for peak season National Day holidays (and availability) is not to my advantage. So I will be patient and wait for the peak season to pass by before I splurge on a busride+hotel free and easy package to Malacca. Should be worth the wait cos for less than $200 I can stay at Hotel Equatorial which is a rather nice hotel (compared to cheaper alternatives at Jonker street...
But I want to try backpack/budget hotel at Jonker. Anybody got suggestions?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Asked a cab driver while in JB yesterday, and he said the night market on Jonker Street is still in operation.

evewbb

Reaction score
I went to Malacca last year November.
Jonker is nice. Food is great and cheaper than Sg. Drinks are expensive but overall good rustic getaway from city Singapore.
I would go back again, but the travel prices for peak season National Day holidays (and availability) is not to my advantage. So I will be patient and wait for the peak season to pass by before I splurge on a busride+hotel free and easy package to Malacca. Should be worth the wait cos for less than $200 I can stay at Hotel Equatorial which is a rather nice hotel (compared to cheaper alternatives at Jonker street...
But I want to try backpack/budget hotel at Jonker. Anybody got suggestions?

You can try HangOut@Jonker.. Just across ChungHwa Chicken Rice only

storm913

Master Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm their status?? Will they still be opening in August?? Every fri, sat and Sunday ?? Thanks in advance !

jumpmanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
their big fun fair was in town the last time i visit last year.

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya, my friend who live in Malacca told me the govt allowed them to carry on the nite market but subject to changes in the future.

So is wait and see kind of thing.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.