Malaysia prepaid card

efreelancer

Reaction score
The only bane about XOX is, have to terminate current subscription before subscribing a new one.

to ensure a seamless transition, must ensure there is background free wifi, otherwise will be stuck.

how I wish it can auto-renew/subscribe once the current completely depletes. This would save the trouble of having to keep monitoring remaining data balance especially if there is no available free background wifi
For onexox as long as the line is active, the previous data leftover from the initial FAT package still can be used?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Once again, tried to use my XOX card but it eventually refused to reload any pics. Luckily I've a spare Hotlink card.

Seah.tt

Banned
Reaction score
Personally I went with My Maxis Pantas plan. RM10 for the sim card + RM30 for a 365 days validity extension + RM30 for 20GB of "fast" data. RM70 in total I think is what I paid.

Your usage pattern comes up to 2GB every month, so RM70 will last 10 months without the radio thing.
U mean hotline right? I saw on their website 20GB comes with 365 validity already, RM30

SibehHL

Reaction score
U mean hotline right? I saw on their website 20GB comes with 365 validity already, RM30
Yes, Hotlink. When I bought it, the SIM card cost RM10 and I top up to buy "passes"; i.e., the add-on.

By the way, top up using Touch n Go card if you have one or use credit cards. Otherwise the ah beng shop top up for you will charge admin fees.... my RM30 top up left with 29.76, so it is really inconvenient to utilize in future, I like the whole number :giggle:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, Hotlink. When I bought it, the SIM card cost RM10 and I top up to buy "passes"; i.e., the add-on.

By the way, top up using Touch n Go card if you have one or use credit cards. Otherwise the ah beng shop top up for you will charge admin fees.... my RM30 top up left with 29.76, so it is really inconvenient to utilize in future, I like the whole number :giggle:
No more SST?

https://tinyurl.com/bdccpj7w

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ohh ok, the deduction is the service tax?
That's what I'd have thought.

Yes. They deduct after the topup. Very messy the way they do. I prefer sg style. Top up $10. Means pay $10.70. Their style makes the account balance very eye sore
Ya, quite a few times I forgot about SST and reloaded only to have to do it again because the resulting total's still short of what I needed. 😅

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone's roaming with Hotlink today? My lines don't seem to have network. Strange...

Seah.tt

Banned
Reaction score

Just got SIM card today. Seller told me need top-up 10 every 30days to keep line warm. How are u managing this?

Seah.tt

Banned
Reaction score
And is roaming disabled by default for hotlink pantas?

Today it was unable to auto roam due to my balance below RM10... What if next time I have more than RM10 but I do not want roaming back in sg?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U mean using hotlink in msia? Yes is working without issue for me. Last used abt an HR ago
No, I mean roaming in SG with the Hotlink card. It's alright until earlier today when I noticed the network's gone. Tried scanning and got to choose the network but just can't appear. My Digi and TuneTalk lines are alright, though.

Just got SIM card today. Seller told me need top-up 10 every 30days to keep line warm. How are u managing this?
Hotlink Pantas plan? I paid RM30 to keep the line active for 365 days, through subscription. Have to check the website on validity from reloads, as I don't have the info offhand.

And is roaming disabled by default for hotlink pantas?

Today it was unable to auto roam due to my balance below RM10... What if next time I have more than RM10 but I do not want roaming back in sg?
Something's wrong today, can't seem to get a network (or rather, mine disappeared) here in SG. Was alright when I returned yesterday. Not sure about balance requirement as mine's never below RM10, but I believe you can choose to turn off the line.

Seah.tt

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, usually we dun need roaming in sg. U used it for OTP?

Anyway, I managed to get roaming network just now also in sg. Just no data roaming.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh, usually we dun need roaming in sg. U used it for OTP?

Anyway, I managed to get roaming network just now also in sg. Just no data roaming.
Since mine's a dual-SIM phone, I just leave it on. Sometimes I do get notification from Maxis/Hotlink.

Ah, the network seems to be coming back. Thanks!

SibehHL

Reaction score
Download & open the Hotlink App, on the "home" page, go into "Buy Passes" => go into "Others" => First item on the list is "365 days SIM active period" at RM30.

Under Passes, scroll down to "longer internet validity", purchase "20GB Fast Internet" for RM30.

Then you have 20GB valid for 365 days.

In Spore I normally set the Mobile Data OFF for this card and to 3G just to receive SMS.

Last edited:

torrent06

Reaction score
Looking for a Malaysian SIM that can be kept active for a long time without high cost or hassle (easy to top up while in Singapore). Must be able to receive OTP in Singapore. Data is secondary. Any recommendations?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking for a Malaysian SIM that can be kept active for a long time without high cost or hassle (easy to top up while in Singapore). Must be able to receive OTP in Singapore. Data is secondary. Any recommendations?
Can look into Maxis Hotlink Pantas plan, which has 365-day validity @RM30. Details in Hotlink website.

torrent06

Reaction score
Oh, Sep will be well past the grace period. On a side note, I read that this Unlimited plan is slow data, so you might want to consider getting Hotlink Pantas instead. More info available in the link I posted earlier.

I'm personally using it for my phones, got the 20GB/year option (total RM70) for the phone I use the TnG eWallet for payments in Malaysia (and also to top up my and friends' prepaid cards), and the 5 or 8GB option for the other phone.

SIM Pack RM10
365-day Validity RM30
20GB 365-day Data RM30
(8GB 365-day Data RM15)
(5GB 365-day Data RM10)
(2GB 365-day Data RM4)
(1GB 365-day Data RM2)
How to top up the TnG wallet? Can I use the wallet without having a TnG card?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.