Malaysia prepaid card

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
Bought umobile recently but coverage poor at my Austin Height house, better when we r out of the house though....think I will ask my neighbour before buying next time....

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought umobile recently but coverage poor at my Austin Height house, better when we r out of the house though....think I will ask my neighbour before buying next time....

Yeah, the best people would be those already residing there. Many people, I understand, are using such prepaid SIM cards for their daily Internet access at home too.

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sim card comes in handy during jam during waiting for custom, up to 2 to 3 hours recently in the jam!

every holes that lead to the custom is all jammed! this is the best time to learn where are the different route to the custom

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where can i get a tron topup card? hardly see their stalls leh

Popped into the 7-Eleven in JB Sentral, and the cashier confirmed that they've top-up for Tron now.

Good news for all Tron users, as this availability is supposedly for 7-Eleven outlets nationwide. :)

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think use paypal easiest to top up for tron.
at home slowly top up, can still login once in a while to web portal to check balance.

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
Couldn't get Digi reception inside my room at Genting First World Hotel's new Tower 2 Annex (2A), so I bought a hotlink card to try. 3G was not very usable, i had to switch to 2G but at least the EDGE connection is faster than 3G (bandwidth issue??).

Along NSHW, i've placed the Digi in the wifi router and Hotlink in my phone. Winner would be Digi, why? For hotlink, there are some areas where the data connection was just unusable and there were several network drops as well. Note that the Digi connection was shared with another user, the access speeds were very decent.

Cheers!

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4G LTE INTERNET PASSES DAILY, WEEKLY OR MONTHLY. YOU DECIDE!

Not sure when this started happening, but now Maxis Hotlink lets us surf on 4G LTE speeds even for their daily MI plan! :s12:

Yes, I was testing out my new 4G SIM card and my first dual-SIM 4G phone the other day, and noticed that I'd paid only RM3 to experience 4G LTE speeds in JB. I think so far my other cards like XPAX, DigiBest, and U Mobile require a 30-day subscription for 4G LTE speeds...?

Anyway, I was there for only an overnight trip, so got the promotional 2-day 250MB RM4 MI pass (usual shortest MI pass is 1-day 150MB RM3), and was delighted (first 4G phone mah! :D ) to see 4G on my phone, from the top of KSL hotel. =:p

I guess their 1-day HotTicket Extra should also be 4G LTE-capable ... will maybe try that my next trip, if anyone here needs any confirmation on this. I normally only subscribe to HotTicket when I expect to have to make quite a number of calls or SMS while over there, or like a longer trip to Melaka. :)

Last edited:

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok guys, as u all know GST for malaysia is coming on april 1st, so top up whatever card u have now

best choice go top up your tron card since credit last for a year + 3 month inactive period every top up.

everything price will go up,

simply put, buy some top up for your favourite telco first, be it code or anything :D

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok guys, as u all know GST for malaysia is coming on april 1st, so top up whatever card u have now

best choice go top up your tron card since credit last for a year + 3 month inactive period every top up.

everything price will go up,

simply put, buy some top up for your favourite telco first, be it code or anything :D

Not really leh
The gst becomes payable at the time the credits are used. Not that u can avoid paying gst by topping up now.

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
coz supoosedly la, if u buy 10rm, than u gotta pay 10.60rm, coz of 6% gst

heard only not so sure if true.. nevertheless, safer to top up a bit

Last edited:

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there is a reason why i saying this because for example the shop makes 7% out of selling a topup card. now because of gst he makes only 1% so he has to add up to it, so maybe applies to road side mamak store but not major store

hearsay only, just in case only..

coz every dealer keep talking about gst, generally the price will go up but in what way dunno yet

Last edited:

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure when this started happening, but now Maxis Hotlink lets us surf on 4G LTE speeds even for their daily MI plan! :s12:

Yes, I was testing out my new 4G SIM card and my first dual-SIM 4G phone the other day, and noticed that I'd paid only RM3 to experience 4G LTE speeds in JB. I think so far my other cards like XPAX, DigiBest, and U Mobile require a 30-day subscription for 4G LTE speeds...?

Anyway, I was there for only an overnight trip, so got the promotional 2-day 250MB RM4 MI pass (usual shortest MI pass is 1-day 150MB RM3), and was delighted (first 4G phone mah! :D ) to see 4G on my phone, from the top of KSL hotel. =:p

I guess their 1-day HotTicket Extra should also be 4G LTE-capable ... will maybe try that my next trip, if anyone here needs any confirmation on this. I normally only subscribe to HotTicket when I expect to have to make quite a number of calls or SMS while over there, or like a longer trip to Melaka. :)

I subscribed to the 1-day 150MB RM3 in Malaysia over the weekend, but I only got H+ on my Nexus 5 leh.
Anybody knows why?

Their website says it should 4G LTE.
https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/internet/mobile-internet-plans.html

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.