Mulu Caves

danielkok

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Exploring ideas to go to Mulu Caves.

Anyone been there before and able to offer advice? Like, which caves to visit? How many days is comfortable? Did you go via Miri, Kuching or KK?

Thanks yo!

withluck

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Anyone been there before and able to offer advice? Like, which caves to visit? How many days is comfortable? Did you go via Miri, Kuching or KK?

Thanks yo!

You need to fly to Miri. From Miri, you take a cab and a boat to Mulu National Park.

There are 11 caves but they are open for 7 caves. The most popular caves are Chamber, Langs Cave, Deer Cave and Wind Cave. From Miri, you can also visit Brunei.

danielkok

Reaction score
Hi! Thanks for the reply. I thought the park isn't accessible by road. Some websites I read said have to fly with MASWings, or take a 10 hour long boat ride up a river to Mulu.

Is it normal to visit all the popular caves you mentioned? Or do people usually pick and choose?

Hmm what to do in Brunei? Besides jungle survival training haha.

withluck

Reaction score
Hi! Thanks for the reply. I thought the park isn't accessible by road. Some websites I read said have to fly with MASWings, or take a 10 hour long boat ride up a river to Mulu.

Is it normal to visit all the popular caves you mentioned? Or do people usually pick and choose?

Hmm what to do in Brunei? Besides jungle survival training haha.

the park is not accessible by road but needs to take a boat. The nearest airport is in Miri. All caves that i mentioned are open to public. you check out the mulu national park website for more details and the park charges.

danielkok

Reaction score
the park is not accessible by road but needs to take a boat. The nearest airport is in Miri. All caves that i mentioned are open to public. you check out the mulu national park website for more details and the park charges.
Hi Withluck,

Ok cool. Think I might consider going via kuching since I haven't been there before.

Another thing.. regarding accommodation. If I were to stay in the park, am I right to say that I can choose either the Royal Mulu Resort, or one of those at the HQ (bungalow of hostel)? Is it okay to stay at the HQ and visit all the caves while being based here?

Also, with regards to food, what options do I have? Besides hunting... :s22:

TIA!

withluck

Reaction score
Hi Withluck,

Ok cool. Think I might consider going via kuching since I haven't been there before.

Another thing.. regarding accommodation. If I were to stay in the park, am I right to say that I can choose either the Royal Mulu Resort, or one of those at the HQ (bungalow of hostel)? Is it okay to stay at the HQ and visit all the caves while being based here?

Also, with regards to food, what options do I have? Besides hunting... :s22:

TIA!

If you plan to visit Kuching, you should not miss out Sarawak Culture Village which must visit tourist destination there. For orang utan, you can visit Semengoh Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre. They have orang utans feeding time schedule, morning and afternoon. For some occassion, guests may disappoint out that the orang utans do not turn out for their food. They hunt food in the protected forest.

For accommodation, you can stay at the resort or homestay there. All homestays are privately run.

For food, you can eat at homestay or cafe.

Although I am a Malaysian tourist guide, I am not active there and cannot provide you much information here.

justdo1t

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Thanks yo!

Hi guys,

I am from Miri, Sarawak and here's a mobile app about Miri which I made. Hope you like it. If I missed out anything, let me know and I will add it.

Mulu cave info should be inside as well.... :D

Miri City mobile app

Miri resort city information about food, accomodation, places of interest and upcoming events. Useful for both visitors and tourists coming to Miri for business, leisure or just transiting before going to our beautiful national parks.
Now with complete guide to Miri Festival events for May!
Visit Malaysia Year 2014

iphone here

Android phone here

or just search for Miri on ur stores... :D

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.