(OFFICIAL) City Sq Mall

sabanuah

Reaction score
Having gained so much knowledge from the KSL and Johore Ringgit Exchange Thread, I have decided to start a small and humble thread discussing on City Sq Mall.

It's the mall linked to the custom just in case some of you wasn't sure about this.

Some of the pointers I have gathered from my personal trip last Monday.

1. Cotton On, H&M are priced relatively the same as ours. So if you want greater discount, please dont get your hopes high

2. Uniqlo is cheaper by SGD1-2 for certain items. (conversion is based on RM2.76)

3. secret recipe at B1 is worth eating, especially for the prices. each slice of cake is about sgd3.50 (conversion is based on RM2.76)

4. Those who bought onto the hype of the curry fish head stall is actually along Jalan Wong Ah Fook. Simply go the exit next to MacDonald. Turn left. walk straight ahead. (no need to cross the road etc). you should see it within 10mins by foot.

I will try my best to answer any queries as much as i Know, if you guys have. Have fun

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The link: CIQ Building > JB Sentral > City Square on the left, Komtar JBCC on the right... > Jalan Wong Ah Fook =:p

Should be aware that malls that near the CIQ building will be frequented mostly by SGeans and those M'sians working in SG, thus more buying power, so don't expect too much from the prices. I understand the rentals are much higher there too.

sabanuah

Reaction score
The link: CIQ Building > JB Sentral > City Square on the left, Komtar JBCC on the right... > Jalan Wong Ah Fook =:p

Should be aware that malls that near the CIQ building will be frequented mostly by SGeans and those M'sians working in SG, thus more buying power, so don't expect too much from the prices. I understand the rentals are much higher there too.

Thanks for enhancing this thread

bbmars1128

Reaction score
I was told by optical shop owner at JB Sentral that the rental at CS is the highest. more costly than JBCC especially at level 3 where people come into CS. He said, he can't even afford the rental but can pay for one at JBCC

sabanuah

Reaction score
I was told by optical shop owner at JB Sentral that the rental at CS is the highest. more costly than JBCC especially at level 3 where people come into CS. He said, he can't even afford the rental but can pay for one at JBCC

But apparently jbcc prices seems more steep as per shared by one of the bro earlier

juventusfc27

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
opposite city square mac, there's this building called public bank. to the left of public bank, there's a snooker hall.

any1 know the rates of the snooker hall? got alot of pai kia or not? will we get targeted in the snooker hall if they know we are singaporeans?

sabanuah

Reaction score
opposite city square mac, there's this building called public bank. to the left of public bank, there's a snooker hall.

any1 know the rates of the snooker hall? got alot of pai kia or not? will we get targeted in the snooker hall if they know we are singaporeans?

Got alot of msia ah lian mei mei. If you intend to beo chio lian, ksl mall got more

beanstalk6

Reaction score
But apparently jbcc prices seems more steep as per shared by one of the bro earlier

Tenants at JBCC are probably having rental discounts on their first years. Not surprised that JB City Square is costly to business owners. After all, their landlord is Capitamall. But at least the tenant mix had a shakeup and there is some form of brand identity. Contrast this to JBCC. They are trying to aim high, but the tenants have been slow in coming. The marketing campaign has been slack. I think this one is going nowhere.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Tenants at JBCC are probably having rental discounts on their first years. Not surprised that JB City Square is costly to business owners. After all, their landlord is Capitamall. But at least the tenant mix had a shakeup and there is some form of brand identity. Contrast this to JBCC. They are trying to aim high, but the tenants have been slow in coming. The marketing campaign has been slack. I think this one is going nowhere.

GIC sell to Capitamall?

The Government of Singapore Investment Corporation owns 70% of City Squares shares, which they bought in June 2009. The remaining shares are divided between the Johor Bahru City Council and MBJBT.[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johor_Bahru_City_Square

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
GIC owns the place through Capitamall.

thru Capitamall??? meaning under Capitamall shareholder?

if it is GIC then is not Capitamall shareholder..

so i am Capitamall shareholder meaning i also shareholder in City Sq Mall ?

bbmars1128

Reaction score
thru Capitamall??? meaning under Capitamall shareholder?

if it is GIC then is not Capitamall shareholder..

so i am Capitamall shareholder meaning i also shareholder in City Sq Mall ?

Not sure about that, but it was in the news during the last renovation, CapitaLand and Kepland was rope in to help redevelop CS. What's the composition, I don't know. JBCC? Ha..ha.... more upmarket but look at what happen... going no where. was there on Thursday and the mall is quiet.

CS rental is much higher especially those at level 3 very expensive rental like equivalent in relative terms of our Orchard road. How to survive if no crowd coming in?

chm527

Reaction score
Saw that there is another 2 shopping malls just next to Citysq: Komtar and Metrojaya. Didnt' go there as we went City square. What is interesting in those 2 shopping malls?

xinping

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't like city square. Too crowded, not really cheap, higher risk of pick pocket.

I would rather go to ksl, tebrau or bukit indah

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Saw that there is another 2 shopping malls just next to Citysq: Komtar and Metrojaya. Didnt' go there as we went City square. What is interesting in those 2 shopping malls?

been to Komtar and Metrojaya last Sat.

Metrojaya so little people inside..

Komtar nothing much. anger bird no more angry.

sabanuah

Reaction score
holiday plaza are cheaper than KSL

But i heard holiday plaza only got foot massage and provision stores for herbs. Maybe handphone accessories too.

But thats about it.

Its all hearsay as i did not visit holiday plaza . Only went to KSL mainly

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
But i heard holiday plaza only got foot massage and provision stores for herbs. Maybe handphone accessories too.

But thats about it.

Its all hearsay as i did not visit holiday plaza . Only went to KSL mainly

go last weekend..

saw 2 young girls go together alone at KSL nearby eat bkt and walk over to holiday plaza do shopping stuffs.

me too also eat BKT same table with them and after eat walk to holiday plaza

:D:D:D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.