Question about Malacca

pingpong010

Reaction score
We are a family of 8 adults and 1 child planning to go Malacca.

Any recommendations for minibus/MPV service that will pick us up from singapore to malacca?

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, any shops to recommend at batu beremdam to try the chicken rice ball?

i like huang chang... very reasonable n delicious. their chilli is quite special too. go around 11am. else the wait time can be an hour. outside his shop, there is an old uncle selling ngoh hiong (make shift stall on the road)... very nice and reasonable too. can tapow for snacks.

can also try chuan how restoran. quite near huang chang. awesome char siew sio bak @ local pricing... not jonker pricing... lol... this one oso better go early... else long queue.

nearly forgot... nearby got bak kut teh ah leng... oso quite power. rm6 iirc... really reasonable n nice. i think this area really less tourist, so their prices cater more to locals...

Last edited:

Eviltrap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be driving in again on 6th January.

Hoping to try Tong Sheng, and Bei Zhan (last time still didn't managed to try).

And which peranakan restaurant to try? Non halal, preferably.

Thanks. :)

tortoise18

Banned
Reaction score
Luxury coach picking us up there.
Hmm hatten hotel service and room so far gd. But sink leaks water, bidet by toilet too, brown water on the floor eww. And random knocking sounds from 3am till 6+am every 15 mins that last 3-5mins. Not from the room but maybe 5-10m away? Zzzz

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Luxury coach picking us up there.
Hmm hatten hotel service and room so far gd. But sink leaks water, bidet by toilet too, brown water on the floor eww. And random knocking sounds from 3am till 6+am every 15 mins that last 3-5mins. Not from the room but maybe 5-10m away? Zzzz

The area on the right side of Hatten? When I was in a Luxury Coach picking up passengers from Hatten before, it's from there.

Hatten may not be a very old hotel, but it's high occupancy rate during peak period (highly popular with SGians) so I guess the wear-and-tear rate will be higher too.

Doesn't help when there are guests who don't bother to take care of the place just because it's not their property.

I always try to avoid Melaka during weekends and holidays. :D

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone has tried Mercury Boutique Hotel? Any feedback?

never tried before but the review seems ok. close to palawan area.

can also consider hotel arissa. very new hotel, prob less than a yr old. saw a lot of sg cars there last year.

surpize

Reaction score
It @ the hotel, not exactly a terminal...
There are several pick up points ard malacca by then different coach liners...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.