Question about Malacca

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Friday should be alright, so long its not a long weekend...anyway if you have alr make your booking, just go n enjoy

Sadly had to postpone as planning was quite last min, got bus to go but no bus slot with good timing to come bk :(

qianhan91

Reaction score
hi guys, would like to seek your opinion for my upcoming malacca trip 15-18june. renting car in is $360 with all the surcharge. i have also asked for private car transfer is $450 7 seater car include all surchage and petrol. Which is actually better or more worth it? of course own rental car has more freedom to go elsewhere we want. thanks in advance!

geekboy

Banned
Reaction score
Any idea what's the best route from Malacca to Genting via bus? Those bus ticket website like don't have such service. Die die must change at KL?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Any idea what's the best route from Malacca to Genting via bus? Those bus ticket website like don't have such service. Die die must change at KL?

Try using the bus ticket websites and enter Genting Highlands as the starting point. This should show you the routes between Genting Highlands and other destinations, including Malacca. There are likely to be available routes from Malacca, but infrequent.

Gixxer1000

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, would like to seek your opinion for my upcoming malacca trip 15-18june. renting car in is $360 with all the surcharge. i have also asked for private car transfer is $450 7 seater car include all surchage and petrol. Which is actually better or more worth it? of course own rental car has more freedom to go elsewhere we want. thanks in advance!

where do you like to visit within malacca? Are they mostly situated around the same sector within walking distance or scattered all over the place?
The $450 is 2 ways transfer or one way?

geekboy

Banned
Reaction score
Try using the bus ticket websites and enter Genting Highlands as the starting point. This should show you the routes between Genting Highlands and other destinations, including Malacca. There are likely to be available routes from Malacca, but infrequent.

Only bus service from melaka direct to Genting is 707 coach.

Click here to check out on their website http://www.707-inc.com/

Thanks guys!

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just back from malacca.. Stayed at The Shore hotel and residential. The apartment come with 3 bedrooms. About $140 per night included taxes.. But knn need to change twice to get the proper apartment. First one they give never clean up at all.. The 2nd replacement no Tv nvm the water flow from both toilet bathing I think my urine flow faster.. ... Ccb the third one I insist check to confirm move... But overall ok.. Got water park for kids to play. Jucuzzi,.. Quite fun. Parking is free and yes inside got toy museum, aquarium, etc..

Over all food in malacca is really not that fantastic.. Even went to baba Charlie try the mee Siam, nonya dumpling, ang ku kuay etc and other nonya kuay... Nothing to shout about.. Overhyped.. Bought the prawn rolls back home also.. Not bad.. The sambal also not bad..

Also try the nonya laksa, assam laksa and chendol at Jonker St. Not bad. At night also try the seafood there.. .. But overall feel food at penang is better.. But 3 hrs vs 8 hrs drive.. Lol..

nanachan

Reaction score
I've been looking at one way bus from Melaka to SG, and I realised that Redbus has alot of Starmart bus timings available that other sites (easybook/busonlineticket) dont have. Wondering if anyone knows why that would be the case? Just worried about purchasing the ticket and ends up there is no such timing.

FYI I am looking at morning buses on 22nd Apr from Hatten hotel/Mahkota medical centre area (near to my hotel). Any preference between hatten hotel/Mahkota medical centre pickup?

thanks! :)

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I've been looking at one way bus from Melaka to SG, and I realised that Redbus has alot of Starmart bus timings available that other sites (easybook/busonlineticket) dont have. Wondering if anyone knows why that would be the case? Just worried about purchasing the ticket and ends up there is no such timing.

FYI I am looking at morning buses on 22nd Apr from Hatten hotel/Mahkota medical centre area (near to my hotel). Any preference between hatten hotel/Mahkota medical centre pickup?

The other sites dont list the Hatten Hotel pickup point. Actually its the same bus that goes to all 3 places for the pickup.

nanachan

Reaction score
The other sites dont list the Hatten Hotel pickup point. Actually its the same bus that goes to all 3 places for the pickup.

I see, thanks for the info! Though a little weird though as the seats do not tally. Hatten hotel 9.30am pick up has seats already taken up, but the same seats can still be booked at the other 2 pickup points, so potentially the same seat can be double booked..

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
made a short trip to melaka 2 weeks ago... beside soon seng plaza got new hawker center... a lot of good food... penang food, bbq food... quite good n reasonable.

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

both bosses are indian, they support each other

WWH123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do not take Starmart! A trip to Malacca took 8 hours! They detour to Muar to drop 3 passengers or so. That alone takes up 3 hours.

pgem

Reaction score
The Shore

Hi,
Anyone been to The Shore shopping centre recently? Is it worth a trip to make there for the Lot 10 Hutong food court?

Thanks.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone been to The Shore shopping centre recently? Is it worth a trip to make there for the Lot 10 Hutong food court?

Thanks.
Not recently, but I recall the foodcourt was somewhere nice and spacious to rest the legs, have coffee, and enjoy the view out the windows. If time permits, why not go check it out yourself, as different people have different preferences?

Anyone trief airbnb in malacca?

We hv a group of 11 adult n 3 toddlers
I've read reviews of Grace's Garden which I believe is one of the terrace houses within reasonable walking distance from Jonker Street. Have not had a chance to stay there myself but that's something I'm keeping in mind when the need arises. You might want to google for more recent feedbacks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.