HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree140Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2009, 11:34 PM   #16

Hey remember to eat their famous chendol, satay celup and Hainanese Chicken Rice Ball!

Enjoy the trip!

Cheers!
any idea where to eat the above three mentioned food?? anyone care to gif direction? i'm planning to stay at Holiday INn...
Old 01-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #17

any idea where to eat the above three mentioned food?? anyone care to gif direction? i'm planning to stay at Holiday INn...
chendol, you must try at jonker street one..
satay celup, you must try at Jalan Ong Kim wee
Chicken rice ball, you must try at the jonker street, the corner shop
Old 01-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #18
Master Member

Chicken rice ball, you must try at the jonker street, the corner shop
Chung Wah ?
usermanual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

Last time i ate the cendol at the mangosteen shape stall, it sucks worse than singapore one Somemore it was recommended by last time CH8 show
Usually, those shop goes on TV must skip.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #20
Master Member

How do you book the 707 express bus, Sin-Mal express and Delima Express bus to Malacca ?

Thanks !

There are few places to board the express bus in Singapore to Malacca. Two popular spots are Queen Street (Bus Terminal for 170) the bus company is 707 Express and Lavender Street (In front of Singapore Casket), 2 bus companies there, Singapore-Malacca Express and Delima Express. The ticket cost around S$16/way (if I remember correctly).

707 Express is the most popular choice because of its non-stop service. Sin-Mal Express and Delima Express stop at Machap and Ayer Itam for half an hour rest.

Hope it helps.
droozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #21

anybody going to Malacca during Hari Raya? There is one additional bus for Meridian Holidays express going to Malaccca on 18-Sep at 7pm... You can go down to Kallang bahru, the counter where is selling Delima bus ticket or you can book online @ www.busonlineticket.com
buswhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #22

for 707, you can board the bus from bugis...
for SG-MLK and Delima, you can board the bus at Kallang Bahru

Hope my information help
buswhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #23
Master Member

Just came back from my Melaka trip (05-06 sept 09). We drove there at around 5.30am on Saturday and no jam.

Hotel Puri
We stayed at Hotel Puri at only RM138 nett with breakfast. The Standard room is not bad, not as small as we thought. It comes with 2 Super Single beds. Room is new cos just renovated. Breakfast wise is good, quite alot of varierities. Location is good just behind Jonker Street where the Weekend Pasar malam is.

We managed to check in at 10.45am and parked at Hotel Puri Car Park (their car park is locked with a gate so is quite safe), you have to inform the bellroom with your confirmation email so they can open the car park gate for you.

Get walking maps at the Hotel Puri reception - they have 2 maps, one is for makan and the other is for shopping.

Day 1
After checking in, we walked few street away to eat the famous wanton mee, not bad at only RM2.80 per plate. Their mee hoon kuey is nice too, all handmade. After that we walked towards the Stadthuys Building for photo taking, along the way, we shop at Jonker Street shops and ate the famous Baba Chendol (Jonker Street) at only RM1.70 per bowl. Taste different cos they add Gula Melaka syrup instead of normal syrup. I prefer their Baba Ice kachang instead as I find their Chendol too much coconut cream. Next, went to Palawan shopping centre which is beside Stadthuys Building and walked back to hotel.

In the evening, we walked to eat the famous Hainanese satay (Sun May Hiong Satay House) only RM0.60 per stick. Very nice, especially the sauce. Their marination is different from Singapore. Next, we went to the famous Tandoori chicken and naan (the best in Malacca), located 2 lanes infront of Puri Hotel. We paid only RM12.80 for 2 lime juices, 1 cheese naan, 1 plain naan and one set of Tandoori Chicken.

We took a walk at Jonker Street Pasar Malam in the evening. Alot of stalls and quite crowded. Try not to bring pram or stroller if you have kids.

Day 2
Next day we checked out at 11.00am and drove to Tesco for shopping and lunch. There is a Hari Raya pasar malam outside Tesco. Things are quite cheap there.

For more info of the famous Melaka food guide, you can see below link:
Cuti Malaysia - Melaka

Overall, we enjoyed our trip very much. Our first driving trip to Melaka. Food and shopping is so much cheaper than KL and JB. We will go there again.
dleodleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #24

I am going tomorrow. Booked Equatorial Hotel- 5* less than S$100.

Hopefully have time to wonder around. Staying for 1 night.
meowcsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #25

Good hotel, lots of singaprean there. Must try the satay celup at Jalan Ong Kim wee, heaty but shiok
zavolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #26

hi is the equatorial hotel near Jonker Street ? as i am take bus there, so during the stay there, is it easy for public transport like taxi? what kind of public transportis there? cost wise on public transport?

thanks.
Old 28-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #27
Master Member

hi any pic for the budget hotel???
muji83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #28

equitorial hotel is not a budget hotel, its a 5 star hotel.. the location is not very near to jonker street.. if u choose to walk, it will take u at least 30min walking time..for public transport, it is advisable to take cab rather than taking bus..

for taxi, they will charge a fix amount per trip..

just hope my information help
Old 28-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #29

equitorial hotel is not a budget hotel, its a 5 star hotel.. the location is not very near to jonker street.. if u choose to walk, it will take u at least 30min walking time..for public transport, it is advisable to take cab rather than taking bus..

for taxi, they will charge a fix amount per trip..

just hope my information help
the fix amount is around how much? 10 malaysia dollar?
Old 28-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #30
Master Member

the fix amount is around how much? 10 malaysia dollar?

The fix amount means the taxi is not running on meter. The fix amount could be any amount. Try negotiate to the price that you feel comfortable. From Equatoria Hotel to Jonker Street shd not cost you more than RM20. I never take the taxi before, but I guess shd b RM10-RM15 per trip due to tourism area.

A hint, I asked before a trip from Equatoria Hotel to Jonker Street by trishaw, I was quoted RM50 per trip. End up I chose to drive rather than take trishaw for fun.
valeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.