HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree140Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #31

if u know how to walk, its the best, along from equitorial hotel to jonker street, there are many good food along the way.. before going to jonket street, you can stop by the capitol satay celup to try the famous satay celup. you will be able to recognise this shop because during weekends, there are many people lining up just to try this famous dish
Old 28-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #32

late bus to Malacca

Any idea what time is the last bus from Larkin to Malacca on a Friday nite?
rodentmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #33

if u know how to walk, its the best, along from equitorial hotel to jonker street, there are many good food along the way.. before going to jonket street, you can stop by the capitol satay celup to try the famous satay celup. you will be able to recognise this shop because during weekends, there are many people lining up just to try this famous dish
Is the shop open everyday ?
ccssgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #34

Any idea what time is the last bus from Larkin to Malacca on a Friday nite?
last bus from larkin, if i am not wrong, is 830pm or 9pm.. The bus will be Mayang sari.. Anyway, why take the risk where you may end up no more tickets to Malacca.. why not take a direct bus from Singapore?
Old 28-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #35

Is the shop open everyday ?
close on tuesday or wednesday.. cant remember..
Old 28-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #36

hi buswhiz,
Becos it is more convenient to take 170 to kranji than to go to lavender for the bus. if take from s'pore,what time is the last bus?

last bus from larkin, if i am not wrong, is 830pm or 9pm.. The bus will be Mayang sari.. Anyway, why take the risk where you may end up no more tickets to Malacca.. why not take a direct bus from Singapore?
rodentmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #37

hi buswhiz,
Becos it is more convenient to take 170 to kranji than to go to lavender for the bus. if take from s'pore,what time is the last bus?
Hi rodentmaniac, last bus from Lavendar is 645pm (Delima) or 7pm (SG-Mlk) or 7pm (707, Bugis).. can you make it on time? If not, then you have to try Larkin. Sometime if Melaka ticket finsih selling, you may negotiate to bus companies to KL to stop you before going into Ayeh Keroh toll, and you walk in.. (that's the last option I would advise)
Its either 707, Delima, Sg-Mlk.. Alternatively, you can buy from Golden Coach depart at 915am where they stop at Alor Gajah Melaka @$25.
Old 30-10-2009, 07:55 AM   #38

Is Holiday Inn near Jonker sreet, Market and Shopping Centre ?
Old 30-10-2009, 10:10 AM   #39

Holiday Inn is about 15-20min walk to jonker street, depending how fast u walk. But its walkable distance i would say. Its like walking from Cityhall MRT to Raffles place MRT.
weehong21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #40

Holiday Inn is about 15-20min walk to jonker street, depending how fast u walk. But its walkable distance i would say. Its like walking from Cityhall MRT to Raffles place MRT.
How about from Equatorial to Jonker street ?
Anyone can help ?
Old 30-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #41
Master Member

How about from Equatorial to Jonker street ?
Anyone can help ?
I think abt the same distance, different direction only. 20 mins is abt rite, slow walk 30 mins also possible.

Btw, the walk from Equatorial to Jonker Street is easier than Holiday Inn to Jonker Street. In front of Holiday Inn, there is a busy main road which is not easy and dangerous to cross. No bridge no greenman.

Last edited by valeon; 30-10-2009 at 09:48 PM..
valeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 10:48 PM   #42

yup.. equitorial is much easier access to jonker street rather than Holiday Inn. I would suggest you to stay at equitorial, or hotel puri which is the nearest to jonker street
Old 31-10-2009, 01:48 PM   #43

As I plan to drive to Melaka, Hotel Equatorial Melaka or Holiday Inn which one is better in term of for fmaily especially yound kids.
homedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #44

equitorial hotel.. bcos just beside equitorial hotel, there are historical places like A Famosa, etc..
For Holiday Inn, this place is nearer to 'The Eye of Malacca'..
Old 01-11-2009, 12:07 PM   #45
Master Member

As I plan to drive to Melaka, Hotel Equatorial Melaka or Holiday Inn which one is better in term of for fmaily especially yound kids.
To me, abt the same. Both offer almost the same and standard hotel facility. Unless talking abt A'Famosa resort, then the theme park might fun for young kids.
valeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.