Question about Malacca

JAPDestiny

Reaction score
Hi guys. Will be my first time driving up north. Decided to stop at malacca and kl. any interesting places to visit/eat?
There's one famous r&r stop in nsh for a&w lovers. At Ayer smth?

Also would like to know the distance wise. Roughly how long to reach malacca and from malacca to kl.
anything to look out for while driving the highway?

Thanks for your inputs.

Go from wdls since you are near there. Minus the time for jam in causeway, the actual drive fr JB to MLK is abt 3.5 hrs max. We usually do it 2.5hrs w/o break fr JB.

Great! Just nice since I will be heading to malacca first. Thanks!
Initially thought its around Yong peng area
If you are going MLK first, you exit Bandaraya Melaka, Ayer Keroh is 1 exit further up. So i will recommend that you eat in JB and go straight to MLK. No point going to Ayer Keroh for A&W then to MLK. If you need a break in btw then stop at Machap R&R. hope this helps

OysterJianHao

Reaction score
go by tuas is a longer distance lesser cars, by woodlands is way shorter with more cars....if u dont believe go c thru google maps go by tuas is about 10km longer than by woodlands, even u stay at jurong west...

|XterA|

Master Member
Reaction score
Go from wdls since you are near there. Minus the time for jam in causeway, the actual drive fr JB to MLK is abt 3.5 hrs max. We usually do it 2.5hrs w/o break fr JB.

Great! Just nice since I will be heading to malacca first. Thanks!
Initially thought its around Yong peng area
If you are going MLK first, you exit Bandaraya Melaka, Ayer Keroh is 1 exit further up. So i will recommend that you eat in JB and go straight to MLK. No point going to Ayer Keroh for A&W then to MLK. If you need a break in btw then stop at Machap R&R. hope this helps

Alright thanks bro! Most likely i will drive straight to MMLK w/o stopping.
Probably on the way back from KL i shall drop by to Ayer Keroh for my A&W.
I did abit of research, some was said exit Bandaraya Melaka and Ayer Keroh.
Which one is better?

go by tuas is a longer distance lesser cars, by woodlands is way shorter with more cars....if u dont believe go c thru google maps go by tuas is about 10km longer than by woodlands, even u stay at jurong west...

Yes i did tried 2nd link before. was abt 20km towards wdls! Quite a long stretch.

Jer

Reaction score
Which one is better?

You can have A&W within Melaka also. It's inside Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall

littlepinkparish

Reaction score
how much should I change for 3d2n in Malacca if food and hotel is already paid for?

that would depends on how much souvenirs you want to buy..as for snacks and cheap street foods would cost you less than MYR 50 per day. Is your transportation cost covered too ?

Last edited:

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
12038384_138962156454272_211860038180178947_n.jpg

12027686_138961866454301_189737508770747255_n.jpg

11221771_138962033120951_6531544513509104372_n.jpg

omg. which hotel is this? !!!!!

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Which one is better?

They are the same lah. You can even google images to see what the Exit 231 signboard looks like. See for yourself.

littlepinkparish

Reaction score
omg. which hotel is this? !!!!!

That is actually Fantasy hotel. http://www.agoda.com/fantasy-hotel/hotel/malacca-my.html. But not all their rooms are based on Kitty theme. Only room 201 are. Probably best to visit before the big companies take copyright action against this hotel =:p

Hi guys. Will be my first time driving up north. Decided to stop at malacca and kl. any interesting places to visit/eat?
There's one famous r&r stop in nsh for a&w lovers. At Ayer smth?

Also would like to know the distance wise. Roughly how long to reach malacca and from malacca to kl.
anything to look out for while driving the highway?

Thanks for your inputs.

Best for you to visit melaka first. As Ayer Keroh R&R is situated after Melaka and there are no way for you to uturn. You can drop by if you are driving towards KL. It would probably take 2 hours plus for you to reach KL from Melaka driving at at 100KM +-

sellbuyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Taking delima bus from city plaza to Malacca sentral. Have not bought the return ticket to Singapore.

Intend to buy at Malacca sentral. Any good coach to East side of Singapore and it's cost?

Thanks.

blueworm

Reaction score
Taking delima bus from city plaza to Malacca sentral. Have not bought the return ticket to Singapore.

Intend to buy at Malacca sentral. Any good coach to East side of Singapore and it's cost?

Thanks.

U can take either delima stop at city plaza or KKKL stop at tanjong katong complex/parkway.

kohkohkrunch7

Reaction score

Thanks.
Are you coming back on Sunday? I tried to buy tickets at Malacca Sentral on Saturday and all the buses to Singapore were sold out.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you coming back on Sunday? I tried to buy tickets at Malacca Sentral on Saturday and all the buses to Singapore were sold out.

Just try, if not struck there lo.

Best to buy tickets for return trip once you reach Melaka Sentral, don't wait until the day of departure especially if it's a weekend.

Worst case, catch a bus to JB and switch from there.

kohkohkrunch7

Reaction score
It's really bad. On Saturday, the best bus I could catch to JB on Sunday was at 4 pm. There were buses really early like 8 am, but I didn't want to waste my Sunday....ended up wasting a lot of time at the jam. The queue at the customs was ridiculous.

buswhiz

Reaction score
Malacca return ticket on Sunday normally will be sold out like few weeks before departure... if you are coming back on weekdays, you dont need buy any ticket in advance.

Last edited:

sellbuyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if I coming back on weekdays, I don't have time to buy any ticket? what u mean...

buswhiz

Reaction score
sorry, it should be coming back on weekdays from malacca, you dont have to purchase any ticket in advance. Thanks

demongod

Honorary Member
Reaction score
any must eat food to recommend guys?

so far i ate b4 pak putra tandoori chicken, the chicken rice balls, the sun mei hiang pork satay, nancy kitchen, makko nyona, satay celup

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.