Road trip to port disckson - Need advise

gho_sam

Reaction score
Hello folks,
I would really appreciate if someone could enlighten me. I am going on a road trip with family to port dickson during the long weekend.

I am going to take the tuas 2nd link to port dickson. I am leaving at 5PM in the evening on friday. I want to know about stop overs. Where can i stop over for dinner along the highway? Other than petrol pits any other nice place or resturant i can visit along the way?

Thanks in advance for your tips. Greatly appreciated.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I think you can reasonably reach Yong Peng in time for dinner if there are no jams in your way. Exit at Yong Peng Selatan toll for dinner in town and re-join the highway at Yong Peng Utara. I assume that you are looking for Chinese food. Usually I like to eat Fuzhou noodles and fishballs at Hock Swee Hin. They have other dishes as well. The place is on your left after you leave Yong Peng south toll plaza. Drive along the main street in Yong Peng till you pass the Esso- it is a minute's walk away. The place comes just before the left turn to the Yong Peng north toll plaza.

dad

Reaction score
I would think you are thinking of the long weekend of 29th April (Fri) till 2nd May (Mon).

I would expect you to forsee the jams on 29th April and 1st may and probably even 2nd May 2016.

If you are going in, this is roughly the time I took...relatively straight forward.
xxx hours : SG (Tuas) to 2nd Link Petronas (Toilet or drinks stop)
approx 2 hours : 2nd Link, exit 219 (250KM or so)
approx 45min to 1hr : exit 219 E29 to port dickson

But for these peak seasons, I would advise to travel in day time as road signs may be small and crowded traffic at port dickson.

For me.....
leave SG ard 1pm, Bukt Indah for lunch and shopping (snacks + drinks).
3pm on 2nd link to exit 219
5pm Exit 219 to E29 : turn toward Port dickson (I think there is a Shell after exit of 2nd link, about 3km). Please top up if less than 1/3 tank.
Then drive stright towards Taman Dickson or further towards the beach if you want.

gho_sam

Reaction score
Thank you guys for your advice :)

Sorry for late response as was away from town for a few days...

ronleech

Reaction score
Hello folks,
I would really appreciate if someone could enlighten me. I am going on a road trip with family to port dickson during the long weekend.

I am going to take the tuas 2nd link to port dickson. I am leaving at 5PM in the evening on friday. I want to know about stop overs. Where can i stop over for dinner along the highway? Other than petrol pits any other nice place or resturant i can visit along the way?

Leaving Friday evening? Best of luck bro.... you will be in a long long queue. Simple meals will be at pagoh (about200km) or A&W flyover (about 270km). Street lighting very bad at nite. Far far only one light so drive with care. Dun expect it to be like our PIE or AYE. Beware of potholes.

gho_sam

Reaction score
Hi Ronleech;

Thanks bro :) will take note of your advise, Installed OSRAM night breaker (tested in Singapore seems pretty good). Hopefully it will help me driving at night.

BTW A&W flyover heard about it. Is it something special there?

Cheers,
GHO_SAM

Last edited:

buswhiz

Reaction score
Yup, A&W fast food restaurant is at Ayeh Keroh fly over rest place.. something that cannot be found in Singapore nowadays

gho_sam

Reaction score
Sounds interesting, will give a try and post some pics and feedback about that place :)

ayamkampung

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Melaka chicken ball rice.. but its gonna be packed on weekends....

gho_sam

Reaction score
Report on my recent road trip

Hello Folks,

I really enjoyed the trip and here is my feedback.

Left Singapore around 8PM, thought if I leave later after office hours there will not be much traffic. but I was wrong, was stuck in the traffic for about 90 minutes.

So crossed the second link around 10:45 pm and stopped at the petrons in E3 for a short time till 11:00 pm, left to PD about 2 hours later ended in Machap R&R had some coffee at 1am to keep myself awake, but not may places were open, just a small coffee shop.

Headed back to PD, missed the overhead bride R&R (Ayer Keroh) reached PD around 4:15PM.

Like the advise I received, you definitely need a very good headlight, because the highway is really dark. Mostly my drive was ok just a few instances I found the Malaysian vehicles cross lanes, should be very watchful and have to horn them so them keep within their lanes.

Driving during the day was not an issue. Yes I went to Melaka on my way back. Was kind of really crowded, but its worth you will enjoy the food there.

PD was quite fun too... 1st May the whole of PD gathered with their bikes to celebrate the May day and it was fun to watch.

So all in all it was worth a trip. Thanks again for all your advises.

ray12323

Reaction score
Restaurant at Port Dickson

Hi anyone can introduce some good restaurant/eatery place to eat at Port Dickson?

Seems like some of the famous restaurant recommended on Tripadvisor have pretty bad reviews nowadays.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.