HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Tioman Guide.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2008, 10:37 PM   #31

I always prefer Salang. More laid back and rustic....

This review on Tioman in particular Paya beach resort done by Samkcy79 last year is really good . Has plenty of pictures and details. Check it out.

SAM S REVIEW: Tioman 3D2N Trip @ Paya Beach Spa & Dive Resort 11th-13th April 2007

Enjoy
Old 30-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #32

Hi,

Will be driving and catching the Tioman ferry from Tg Gemok jetty.

Appreciate any advice on:

- location of the parking lots
- is there 1 common lot or multiple lots operated by different operators
- relative safety of the parking lots

Thanks!
gkgk02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:33 AM   #33

gkgk02:

Here's an idea how the parking lots looks like at the Tg Gemok jetty. Building at the back is the jetty.

p00kish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:43 AM   #34

lots of parking lot at tanjong gemok... but that place is quite ulu.. not sure if it is safe to park overnights...
wa1ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #35

p00kish, wa1ker,

Tks for the pic and feedback, much appreciated.
gkgk02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:55 PM   #36

hi.... anyone been to paya beach resort and stayed in deluxe chalet? can giv mi some idea on whether is there any bed on the mezzanine floor? cant seem to verify it from d net saw some review there izzin, but d actual website of it stated yes..... im confused!!!
errr...no idea, i stayed at the standard chalet which is quite comfortable. You could try asking travel agencies to confirm about beds in the mezzanine floor.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:33 PM   #37

errr...no idea, i stayed at the standard chalet which is quite comfortable. You could try asking travel agencies to confirm about beds in the mezzanine floor.
pookish u have pics of the standard room in paya beach? my partner saw e review by Sam she dunwan to stay already...trying to psycho her that it isnt too bad..")
RobinYip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:29 PM   #38

pookish u have pics of the standard room in paya beach? my partner saw e review by Sam she dunwan to stay already...trying to psycho her that it isnt too bad..")

Stayed at 23 & 24. Which is not sea facing. (See map below)

Looked like this from the outside:

Inside:

Its actually quite comfortable. There's even a pair of hotel towels and shampoo + soap for us to use.

The aircon is quite cold, but the room next to ours had a faulty aircon...had to get the frontdesk to send someone to fix it.

TV only had one channel. HBO.

There's a few thing you'll have to be wary of when staying there:

There are monkeys who will ransack the dustbins outside your chalet at night, leaving a mess when you wake up in the morning. There even an incident where a monkey was just standing outside our door until we chased it away.

Not sure about this, but I have seen resort staff entering chalets to switch off the aircon when the guest had gone out. Think its a electricity saving move on their part. There are also times when we return to our resort to find all switches off.

Robin, I hope this helps. Didnt take too much photos of the room i stayed at, but the queen size bed i slept in was very comfortable.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:53 AM   #39

seems like there's noone who stay in deluxe chalet huh?
mimiyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #40

seems like there's noone who stay in deluxe chalet huh?
there are actually people who stayed there.

Except that they dont log into HWZ.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:29 PM   #41
Master Member

Hi,

check with you all how long from Singapore to Mersing jetty by coach? And How long from jetty to Tioman? And how long from Tioman jetty to Paya beach? many thanks.
dleodleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #42

Hey dleodleo, the coach from singapore to mersing will take around 2.5 to 3 hours and the ferry to Tioman from Mersing will take another 1.5 hours.

I'll be going over to Tioman this June and the above is told to me by the agent from Planet Travel.
MissyClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #43
Master Member

ok so ard 4.5 hrs. You going this june? Could you see whether it is suitable for a 5 yrs old and a 1 yr old baby if i don't go snorking? tks
dleodleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #44

there are actually people who stayed there.

Except that they dont log into HWZ.
lol... aiyo, i know la! i mean d ple here.... who can giv mi some advice mah.....
mimiyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:57 AM   #45

ok so ard 4.5 hrs. You going this june? Could you see whether it is suitable for a 5 yrs old and a 1 yr old baby if i don't go snorking? tks
Don't worry! It'll be definitely suitable for all ages. Although I haven't been to Tioman, I've been to other islands (eg. Rawa) and I've seen ang mo(s) carrying their little ones around.

Of course, it depends on which resort you're staying. Some resorts have their own swimming pools so the kids can keep themselves busy at the pool instead of the sea.
MissyClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.