Super IV MK2 amps (Mini & Micro)– The legend continues

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Introduction

Finally an amp that truly continues Dr. Xin legacy. Old time portable audiophile will know how sought after Xin’s amps were. The waiting time can be more than 1 years. Dr. Xin’s amp is very rare and hard to find even when he is still producing them.

I have both SuperMicroIV MK2 & SuperMiniIV MK2 for demo. For some reason you wish to compare to the original Xin’s amps, I have SuperMicroIII, SuperMicroIV and SuperMiniIV. Anyone interested may contact me via PM or SMS/ Whatsapp at +65 9660 0700. Remember to indicate which amp you will like to demo.

Note: These are not made by Dr. Xin. Super IV MK2 amps are based on Dr. Xin thoughts on how the future structure of the amp should be, redesign and re-engineered. The whole process took 3.5 years. The new Super IV MK2 amps retain and improve on the magical sounds quality that many audiophile love on Xin amps.

14994479604_26ba538cf4_b.jpg

Some background on Xin amp
“Since I made the very first truly portable amp, the legendary SuperMini that set up the category, I have been thinking about the issues raised by "portable" restrictions and requirements. Following SuperMini, many manufacturers and DIYers have been trying to make good portable amps, but some of the key issues are still not addressed, such as virtual ground.
In my "-III" amp designs, I used a unique passive third channel to address those issues, with very good results. Now, I move one big step further: adding the 4th channel. I call this new technology that I created: 4-channel technology. It took me more than 4 years to figure out.
With my 4-channel technology, not only are the left and right channels separated like the dual-mono structure found in high-end home amps, so are the front and end stages, like the pre-power amps found in top-end home systems. These separations ensure the untouched, cleanest sound possible, even at very large signal swings. This is so far the most effective way to produce the best sound.
With the new XIN "-IV" amps, you can enjoy the very best music brought to you by this latest and greatest audio technology, right now. XIN Super IV ultra portable headphone amps all deploy the new 4-channel technology created by Dr. Xin, a former rocket scientist. The sound is extremely clean, sweet and powerful with huge sound stage, to say the least.”

SuperMicroIV MK2
Price: S$300

15429117688_89ae7310db_b.jpg

From top to bottom SuperMicroIII, SuperMicroIV, SuperMicroIV MK2

After going through four redesign and prototypes, this amp is finally completed
Using single AAA batteries, through an internal boost, making the amplifier circuit operating voltage of 5.5V, the SuperMicroIV MK2 Is able to achieve a runtime of more than 20 hours yet with powerful driving force.
Amp is very petite (size about 51 * 25 * 18mm, 28.4g). Components are carefully selected and matched to achieve best audio quality possible.

SuperMiniIV MK2
Price: S$320

15612559381_493a37656a_b.jpg

From top to bottom SuperMiniIV, SuperMiniIV MK2

For the audiophile who like to tinker with opamps but yet still want a small amp, this amp is for you. SuperMiniIV MK2 comes with 4 sockets (1 * L/R, 1* L/R Buffer, 1 * 4th Ch, 1* 4th Ch Buffer) for taking any dual opamps
Using 2 * AAA batteries, through an internal boost, making the amplifier circuit operating voltage of 5.5V, the SuperMiniIV MK2 Is able to achieve a runtime of more than 12 hours with the default opamps
AD822 (L/R & 4th Ch) + LMH6643 (Buffer) are the default opamps.
Amp is very petite (size about 60 * 48 * 15mm, 56.7g w/batt). Components are carefully selected and matched to achieve best audio quality possible.

TERMS & CONDITIONS
Disclaimer

SuperMiniIV MK2 may not be able to accept thick 3.5mm plug as the In & Out jack is close to each other (a design limitation).
As these are handmade amps, please understand that there may be some marks on the casing which is unavoidable. Please do not order if you cannot stand slight imperfection. Hope everyone can understand.
As all the amps are built upon me placing order with the maker, there will be a lead time of 4 weeks.
I will only place the order when I have more than 4 orders on hand.
Please only order if you can accept the lead time.

WARRANTY

Please understand I am the only official dealer for Super IV amps in Singapore. If you are to buy from other sources, I will not be able to help you out with any issues.
Super IV MK2 amps are guarantee for a period of 1 year from the original date of receiving the amps. If the product fails within the warranty period, the amps will repair at no cost to the original purchaser (Shipping fee Excluded). Warranty are non-transferable. Invoice to be produce at request.
Exclusions
This warranty does not cover loss or theft, nor does the coverage extend to damage caused by improper use of opamps (for SuperMiniIV MK2), misuse, abuse, unauthorized modification, improper storage and/or natural disasters.

Prices are subjected to changes from time to time, due to fluctuations of currency rates, so I seek your understanding.

Please only order if you can agree to the above terms and conditions.

MO PROCEDURES

1. Confirm your order with me, then pay in FULL via Internet Banking fund transfer/ ATM transfer to POSB.

2. After the transfer, email me at SuperIVAmp@gmail.com in this format:
Subject Title: SuperIV Amp order
Name/HWZ nick:
H/P Number:
Amount Transferred:
Items ordered/Quantity: Mini or Micro
iBanking/ Account name/ ATM receipt transaction no:
Include screenshot of your iBanking transfer/Snapshot of your ATM receipt
If you are transferring via ATM, please KEEP YOUR RECEIPT for obvious reasons.

* NOTE: If any reason cost in incurred for the fund transfer, you will agree to bear all related transfer cost on your own. No cancellation once I place the order.*

3. Send me a SMS at 96600700 after the email is send for my acknowledgement

4. I will contact all mass order participants via SMS the collection details once the amps arrive.

I can be contacted at mobile number 96600700.
Please pay to POSB Savings 209-41635-2

15615344675_c7870d6c90_b.jpg

Q&A
Hi, I have a couple of questions which I hope you can answer:

1) Can I know who is the maker/assembler of the amps? If you're not able to state his/company name, can you state at least the country that he is based in?

2) You stated a lead time of 4 weeks. However, can we ask for our money back if the lead time drags on too long? For eg, after 3 months, the amps are still not ready yet, are we expected to continue waiting? Or will we be refunded.

3) Can you briefly state the differences between the mini and micro? Although it's likely that most interested buyers will want to meet you to demo both units out first before putting down their money.
Hi, let me answer your question. The question you post are good questions

1) The maker is base in China.

2) The lead time is actually less than 4 weeks. I'm just giving extra buffer time. I won't take in any orders if the lead time extend to more than 8 weeks. Those who are affected by the lead time of more than 8 weeks can choose to refund or continue to wait while I will work out a discount price. I also forget to state the lead time is excluding the public holidays in China such as CNY, e.g.

3) Micro is a simple plug and play amp with amazing size to sound ratio. Mini is for those people who like to tinker with opamps. The ability to tinker with opamps allows you to actually fine tune to sound to your liking while still retaining a very compact size.

Feel free to ask me more question. On question 2, the discount is something i need to work out. I haven't really thought about it till now. Thanks you for bring it up. For now, the lead time is confirm less than 4 weeks :) Feel free to contact me for a meet up if you are interested to demo. It doesn't mean you need to buy. Just treat it as a normal kopi session for sharing of hobby and exchanging of ideas.

Last edited:

xuan87

Reaction score

1) Can I know who is the maker/assembler of the amps? If you're not able to state his/company name, can you state at least the country that he is based in?

2) You stated a lead time of 4 weeks. However, can we ask for our money back if the lead time drags on too long? For eg, after 3 months, the amps are still not ready yet, are we expected to continue waiting? Or will we be refunded.

3) Can you briefly state the differences between the mini and micro? Although it's likely that most interested buyers will want to meet you to demo both units out first before putting down their money.

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hi, let me answer your question. The question you post are good questions

1) The maker is base in China.

2) The lead time is actually less than 4 weeks. I'm just giving extra buffer time. I won't take in any orders if the lead time extend to more than 8 weeks. Those who are affected by the lead time of more than 8 weeks can choose to refund or continue to wait while I will work out a discount price. I also forget to state the lead time is excluding the public holidays in China such as CNY, e.g.

3) Micro is a simple plug and play amp with amazing size to sound ratio. Mini is for those people who like to tinker with opamps. The ability to tinker with opamps allows you to actually fine tune to sound to your liking while still retaining a very compact size.

Feel free to ask me more question. On question 2, the discount is something i need to work out. I haven't really thought about it till now. Thanks you for bring it up. For now, the lead time is confirm less than 4 weeks. Looks like I will need to update my post later today to reflect all these questions. :) Feel free to contact me for a meet up if you are interested to demo. It doesn't mean you need to buy. Just treat it as a normal kopi session for sharing of hobby and exchanging of ideas.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.