[News] Nokia 8 officially launches in Singapore at S$769

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hitec Mobile is selling it @ $685 with 1 year local warranty, but not sure if got Google Play Store and what colour.

Tempted to get this since it's cheaper than the official pricing by almost $100 ($84 to be exact).

Rospenn

Reaction score
This is a pure stock experience right? How does it compare to pixel phone and andriod one devices like MI A1 in term of software update?

fujicolours

Reaction score
Elsewhere $668

Hitec Mobile is selling it @ $685 with 1 year local warranty, but not sure if got Google Play Store and what colour.

Tempted to get this since it's cheaper than the official pricing by almost $100 ($84 to be exact).

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, they do take a risk in bringing in more exclusive models as well.. like the LG Q6 - which fits well into a mid range line up .. compared to SingTel and Starhub’s strategy of overly high end and overly budget - say Samsung J7?

Over the time, I noticed that M1 is more willing to bring in new phone brands than the other two telcos.

For example, M1 brought in brands such as Sharp, TP-Link phones which are relatively unknown to ordinary consumers in Singapore. Singtel and StarHub usually only bring in brands that are well-known by consumers in Singapore.

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No idea but got a feeling LG isn't very enthuasiatic :s22: i would avoid it to be safe (for now) tho

Nokia seems to be moving fast.. they even launched Nokia 8 faster than V30. I think the Android Oreo update will also be better, faster and more optimise than the one from LG. LG is a very slow kimchi company.. I'm surprised that is the Korean culture?? Oh.. I forgot Korean company are famous for bloatware!!

Last edited:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they do take a risk in bringing in more exclusive models as well.. like the LG Q6 - which fits well into a mid range line up .. compared to SingTel and Starhub’s strategy of overly high end and overly budget - say Samsung J7?
Yeah, the LG Q6 is a decent mid-range phone with the trending 18:9 display available at a lower price than flagships. Too bad only M1 carries it.. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.