[News] StarHub introduces 12Up, lets you buy a new iPhone at contract price every 12 months

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
πŸ‘ŽπŸΎπŸ‘ŽπŸΎπŸ‘ŽπŸΎπŸ‘ŽπŸΎπŸ‘ŽπŸΎπŸ‘ŽπŸΎπŸ‘ŽπŸΎπŸ‘ŽπŸΎπŸ‘ŽπŸΎπŸ‘ŽπŸΎ

This 12UP plan is the RIDICULOUS, taking us for a ride!

On the surface they seem generous by offering upgrade to latest iPhone every 12 months at the subsidized contract price.

Read carefully - you have to return the old iPhone - anyone would know your old iPhone is worth at least 50% on the resale market. Even assuming cheapest 16GB iPhone 6s, I'm sure it's worth $450 at least by the time iPhone 7 released. You're giving up $450 in exchange for the $300 early upgrade penalty. StarHub makes a whopping $150 out of you. For higher end models 64gb, 128gb or 6s+, StarHub can probably rip off up to $300-400 from you!!!

ecneret_eel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just went to comment on starhub FB page.

up for awareness.

to be frank, this "deal" seems to be targeted at those unknowing consumers, aka uncles or aunties looking to get their kids a spanking new iPhone model.

kind of disappointed that starhub seems to be pulling a fast one.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes this is very disappointing, to say the very least....preying on the unknowing

just went to comment on starhub FB page.

up for awareness.

to be frank, this "deal" seems to be targeted at those unknowing consumers, aka uncles or aunties looking to get their kids a spanking new iPhone model.

kind of disappointed that starhub seems to be pulling a fast one.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score
I think the way they do it is because there are still alot of people out there who do not want to sell online or they would prefer to trade in hassle free. I have alot of friends doing that. Buy new phone trade in with telco suffer a loss.

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's our job to educate these group of people. The status quo doesn't have to stay as status quo forever.

And also highlight to StarHub so they know that it's wrong to take advantage of this group of people.

I think the way they do it is because there are still alot of people out there who do not want to sell online or they would prefer to trade in hassle free. I have alot of friends doing that. Buy new phone trade in with telco suffer a loss.

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

On the surface they seem generous by offering upgrade to latest iPhone every 12 months at the subsidized contract price.

Read carefully - you have to return the old iPhone - anyone would know your old iPhone is worth at least 50% on the resale market. Even assuming cheapest 16GB iPhone 6s, I'm sure it's worth $450 at least by the time iPhone 7 released. You're giving up $450 in exchange for the $300 early upgrade penalty. StarHub makes a whopping $150 out of you. For higher end models 64gb, 128gb or 6s+, StarHub can probably rip off up to $300-400 from you!!!
����������

Sent from brain using GAGT

Lance321

Master Member
Reaction score
What a scam...Starhub also has crappy signal strength in their 4G, and poor reception compared to other telcos. Taking up ANY starhub mobile plan is automatically a mistake.:s8:

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Their 4G signal is ok to me, it's the fiber that I have gripes with

I'm still very disappointed at this 12UP thingy

What a scam...Starhub also has crappy signal strength in their 4G, and poor reception compared to other telcos. Taking up ANY starhub mobile plan is automatically a mistake.:s8:

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same here. Once drop from StarHub 4G to StarHub 3G it takes forever to connect back. SingTel one shorter a bit but still long. M1 way faster than both to connect back.

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

for awareness

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

for awareness

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.