HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree417Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2016, 10:58 AM   #16
Master Member

M1 mySIM includes free SIM card, so the onetime charge is $10.70, not $48.15. Sorry for not highlighting.

Updated the table.
galapogos likes this.
lohsenglte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2016, 01:11 AM   #17
Supremacy Member

My suggestion:

Sign up a plan that has no contract and wait for My Republic. Once they win the bid and going operational (in 6-9months time my guess), the 3 incumbent will drop their pants with new plans.
Then we will see better plans and time to flip again.

Yes. Upsized Data is applicable only for mySIM+ plans on 12 month contract OR 2 year handset contract.

https://www.m1.com.sg/upsizeddata
I think it is better to stick with SIM only plans without contract, easier to pull out anytime.

Yup I know about the Plus 3. That's why it's 1 of my choices. However, it doesn't offer caller number display so it works out to be more expensive than Circles.Life.
I am not familiar with SH SIM only plans, but on paper it is slightly more expensive than CL while you will maintain your 6GB of data after this year.

Only been using SH since 3G days, they had bad network at my place (West area) so I switched to ST and finally CL.

As a current CL user, I can share some delights and woes of the service.

For CL, you can only get 6GB for now and it will be reduced to 5GB by next year due to the end of the promotion.

Aside from that, you can get more permanent data by their promotions and referral (each referral is 250 MB added to your total monthly data).
The top guy of the leader board is hanging on to 24GB per month.

While if you spend more on talktime, you can invest it in the Whatsapp call since it is totally free for CL users (no data charge for all Whatsapp use).

On the flip side, there are some pains getting my ST number to port in to CL.

Firstly there will be this delivery of SIM card to your given address, and can only be received by you or your authorized person (must be holding the LOA with your NRIC).

Once the postman (singpost ) fakes a failed delivery (no press doorbell and simply leave a failed delivery form), you had to complain to CL and ensure they do not charge for re-delivery.

Bad choice of post service I must say.
Had to standby at the exact time of delivery with my door open to ensure successful delivery.

Second ordeal starts with port in from ST.
Took a few days of feedback to their customer service before they finally had successful port in.

Third issue is the promised bonus data, I had to hound the CS people to ensure my bonus data is fully calculated in my account (using their app).

You can also see they recently had some network issues, presumed it happens to all telcos at their early stages of business.
And some complains regarding billing, as now payment is only automatically deducted from your credit card.

Otherwise, their 4G speed is pretty good and is somewhat faster than ST at some places as I am using two SIM - CL and ST.
If I am not using 4G in places with bad network, CL has better 3G connectivity compared to ST.

Just my few cents.
galapogos and tiger2013 like this.
rssd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2016, 06:43 AM   #18
Master Member

Then we will see better plans and time to flip again.

I think it is better to stick with SIM only plans without contract, easier to pull out anytime.

I am not familiar with SH SIM only plans, but on paper it is slightly more expensive than CL while you will maintain your 6GB of data after this year.

Only been using SH since 3G days, they had bad network at my place (West area) so I switched to ST and finally CL.

As a current CL user, I can share some delights and woes of the service.

For CL, you can only get 6GB for now and it will be reduced to 5GB by next year due to the end of the promotion.

Aside from that, you can get more permanent data by their promotions and referral (each referral is 250 MB added to your total monthly data).
The top guy of the leader board is hanging on to 24GB per month.

While if you spend more on talktime, you can invest it in the Whatsapp call since it is totally free for CL users (no data charge for all Whatsapp use).

On the flip side, there are some pains getting my ST number to port in to CL.

Firstly there will be this delivery of SIM card to your given address, and can only be received by you or your authorized person (must be holding the LOA with your NRIC).

Once the postman (singpost ) fakes a failed delivery (no press doorbell and simply leave a failed delivery form), you had to complain to CL and ensure they do not charge for re-delivery.

Bad choice of post service I must say.
Had to standby at the exact time of delivery with my door open to ensure successful delivery.

Second ordeal starts with port in from ST.
Took a few days of feedback to their customer service before they finally had successful port in.

Third issue is the promised bonus data, I had to hound the CS people to ensure my bonus data is fully calculated in my account (using their app).

You can also see they recently had some network issues, presumed it happens to all telcos at their early stages of business.
And some complains regarding billing, as now payment is only automatically deducted from your credit card.

Otherwise, their 4G speed is pretty good and is somewhat faster than ST at some places as I am using two SIM - CL and ST.
If I am not using 4G in places with bad network, CL has better 3G connectivity compared to ST.

Just my few cents.
Given the fact that typical MVNOs get a lower priority than MNOs, it is surprising to see that Circles (MVNO) still can outperform ST (MNO). This already shows how M1's network (MNO) is superior already, since Circles is relying on M1 for the network services.

Billing-wise, it is fully automated by Circles, so it is different from M1. I can't say much about it. I rarely have billing issues with M1 Postpaid Mobile and Fibre Broadband services.

But seriously, never go for StarHub again. Slow 3G/4G + full of billing issues just within first month of service with them.

Old 30-10-2016, 09:23 AM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can retain current number if recontract w sim only plan?

Steyr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 09:58 AM   #20
Master Member

[QUOTE=Steyr69;104461846]Can retain current number if recontract w sim only plan?

Old 30-10-2016, 06:29 PM   #21
Supremacy Member

Given the fact that typical MVNOs get a lower priority than MNOs, it is surprising to see that Circles (MVNO) still can outperform ST (MNO). This already shows how M1's network (MNO) is superior already, since Circles is relying on M1 for the network services.

Billing-wise, it is fully automated by Circles, so it is different from M1. I can't say much about it. I rarely have billing issues with M1 Postpaid Mobile and Fibre Broadband services.

But seriously, never go for StarHub again. Slow 3G/4G + full of billing issues just within first month of service with them.
True, although it looks like some places the CL network looks weak, the 4G speed is pretty fast.

On the other hand, SH has pretty much mixed reviews.
My sibling is using it and mentioned the 4G network is pretty strong in west and north-east areas.
Old 31-10-2016, 02:09 PM   #22
Master Member

Leaning towards Circles.
Anything but Starhub, the customer service really sucks balls.
banbleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 04:38 PM   #23

Copied the table to the first post for easy reference. Leaning towards CL as well.

HWZ lifting Stats

iherb code - SIH278
galapogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 11:05 PM   #24
High Supremacy Member

I just signed up to M1 mySIM 20 and i haven't pay anything at M1 shop.

Plus, their number choices are much much nicer than rivaling telcos.

For me, my number is as easy sounding as XYYX ZYYX and yet this number comes free too. Way better than most Starhub $100+ golden number.

Best of all if you need more talktime can also pay for talktime addon without needing to upgradr to next higher tier just for the higher bundled talktime.
MoneyFace =p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 11:07 PM   #25
High Supremacy Member

Leaning towards Circles.
My prepaid experience with SH drove me away back to M1.

M1 always full or near full coverage at places where my SH gets emergency calls.
MoneyFace =p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:13 PM   #26
Supremacy Member

Leaning towards Circles.
Yes, SH customer service needs more improvement and LTE speed somewhat slower than CL.

After a month with CL, I switched to SH since they have promotions to waive off the subscription/SIM card fee.

Everything is good with CL, including the better LTE speeds and responsive customer service.

Main reason is the weak CL network connectivity which eats my phone battery life overnight during standby mode about 1% per hour, presumed my phone is always searching/switching the network.

I live in west area, where SH network is stronger so my phone battery life drains only 1% after 7 - 8 hours of standby mode.

Since I queried CL customer service regarding the weak network in my area and they cannot rectify my issues, I switched to SH until they can improve their network.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:19 PM   #27
Arch-Supremacy Member

Technically CL is running on M1's highway. It will not be able to improve the coverage overnight unless M1 decided to improve for their own benefit first..

Yes, SH customer service needs more improvement and LTE speed somewhat slower than CL.

After a month with CL, I switched to SH since they have promotions to waive off the subscription/SIM card fee.

Everything is good with CL, including the better LTE speeds and responsive customer service.

Main reason is the weak CL network connectivity which eats my phone battery life overnight during standby mode about 1% per hour, presumed my phone is always searching/switching the network.

I live in west area, where SH network is stronger so my phone battery life drains only 1% after 7 - 8 hours of standby mode.

Since I queried CL customer service regarding the weak network in my area and they cannot rectify my issues, I switched to SH until they can improve their network.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:55 PM   #28
Master Member

M1's network is typically stronger when near the roadside of busier roads, while StarHub is more towards the centre.

You call CL, they can't do much. You should directly call M1 to tell them that, but most likely they won't take into consideration unless you get their Prepaid/Postpaid Mobile.

Old 03-11-2016, 08:17 PM   #29
Supremacy Member

M1's network is typically stronger when near the roadside of busier roads, while StarHub is more towards the centre.

You call CL, they can't do much. You should directly call M1 to tell them that, but most likely they won't take into consideration unless you get their Prepaid/Postpaid Mobile.
So must suck thumb and choose either better network with slower speed or weaker network with faster speed.

I can cope with slower speed due to budget plan, as long as it is faster than 3G.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:44 PM   #30
Master Member

So must suck thumb and choose either better network with slower speed or weaker network with faster speed.

I can cope with slower speed due to budget plan, as long as it is faster than 3G.
Lol that's weird. Mine is much better network and better speed.

StarHub 4G tends to fall back to 3G even when on train about ground, and their 4G is slower than M1. Their 3G is also horrendous with extremely high latency many of times, which is rarely seen on M1.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.