HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree417Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2016, 08:33 AM   #31
Supremacy Member

Lol that's weird. Mine is much better network and better speed.

StarHub 4G tends to fall back to 3G even when on train about ground, and their 4G is slower than M1. Their 3G is also horrendous with extremely high latency many of times, which is rarely seen on M1.
I am not sure about M1 but I trust that CL has weaker network than M1.
Speed of course, CL and M1 beats SH.
rssd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:51 AM   #32

I'm just curious why no one talk about Singtel? I'm currently on Singtel sim only plan paying $36.05 for 7gb local data plus 2gb Singtel wifi but the Singtel wifi is rubbish!

My plan includes 150mins talk time, caller ID, of caller ID pay $5.35. This plan is on 12 months sim only.
greythorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:57 AM   #33

Some might be surprised the reason I took the plan. I bring my 16month old outside so every time I bring him out must play baby rhymes on YouTube. Data so fast finish hence took such a plan.
greythorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:41 AM   #34
Master Member

I'm just curious why no one talk about Singtel? I'm currently on Singtel sim only plan paying $36.05 for 7gb local data plus 2gb Singtel wifi but the Singtel wifi is rubbish!

My plan includes 150mins talk time, caller ID, of caller ID pay $5.35. This plan is on 12 months sim only.
M1 mySIM+ 30, upsized data and Caller ID: $41.25/mth. 9GB data, 300 mins talk and 1000 SMS.
12 months contract also.

I am not sure about M1 but I trust that CL has weaker network than M1.
Speed of course, CL and M1 beats SH.
CL is M1's MVNO. It should be similar (unless congestion which only occurs in train tunnels, anyone also knows that by now).

lohsenglte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:56 PM   #35
Arch-Supremacy Member

its quite worthwhile for singtel sim-only plan if you sign for a 12 month contract. as i'm not willing to sign contract, the singtel $20 plan with 3GB data, plus registration fee and sim card fee, amounted to quite a huge sum considering there are cheaper options. I'm not saying singtel is no good, in fact a few posts earlier i tend to lean on singtel for its reliability and service quality, but cheaper options have lured me to them..

honestly if there is a promo for singtel sim-only plan, i'll take it up if at least sim card is free...
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:01 PM   #36
Supremacy Member

M1 mySIM+ 30, upsized data and Caller ID: $41.25/mth. 9GB data, 300 mins talk and 1000 SMS.
12 months contract also.

CL is M1's MVNO. It should be similar (unless congestion which only occurs in train tunnels, anyone also knows that by now).
Just to share.

CL in CBD open areas: good network
CL in CBD office/enclosed areas: weak network

CL in west open areas: ok network
CL in west enclosed areas: weak network
Old 04-11-2016, 01:04 PM   #37
Honorary Member

not sure if i can downgrade my SH to sim only as i'm a hub member
Old 04-11-2016, 02:06 PM   #38
Master Member

Well, Singtel's plans are mostly afterthoughts and even so, the plans lose out to M1 and SH in terms of pricing. Even thou they have premium pricing for their reliability, their customer service is not up to mark. I can live with a little less reliability but cheaper pricing, plus the much better customer service (more humane) of M1. Singtel only knows the blame game.

Anyway, after ur post, I looked at Singtel SIM only plans and got excited for a while with their 1 for 1 data plan, then only it shows that it is nothing ground breaking as it is still on 12 months contract, nothing new as usual from Singtel.
LonelyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:26 PM   #39
Master Member

Just to share.

CL in CBD open areas: good network
CL in CBD office/enclosed areas: weak network

CL in west open areas: ok network
CL in west enclosed areas: weak network
Kind of expected already. M1's 4G network isn't using the sub-1GHz spectrum to ensure good coverage, but in return it ensures some form of consistent network performance.

Both 1800MHz and 2600MHz band (used by all the Big Three) can get up to 150Mbps per band (total 300Mbps for compatible handsets), while SingTel chose to also opt in 900MHz @ up to 37Mbps (total 337Mbps for compatible handsets), mainly for coverage. This is why you find SingTel 4G in-building coverage much stronger than M1 4G.

In fact, SingTel 4G 900MHz is the reason why their 4G coverage is slightly wider than the smaller rivals. However, it is also the reason why SingTel 4G sometimes can seem slower than usual in terms of downloads, if your device is not LTE-Advanced /Pro compatible (i.e. LTE Cat 3/4 devices).

Well, Singtel's plans are mostly afterthoughts and even so, the plans lose out to M1 and SH in terms of pricing. Even thou they have premium pricing for their reliability, their customer service is not up to mark. I can live with a little less reliability but cheaper pricing, plus the much better customer service (more humane) of M1. Singtel only knows the blame game.

Anyway, after ur post, I looked at Singtel SIM only plans and got excited for a while with their 1 for 1 data plan, then only it shows that it is nothing ground breaking as it is still on 12 months contract, nothing new as usual from Singtel.
SingTel's plans are always more expensive than the others. In fact the 1-for-1 is driven thanks to M1 adding Upsized Data to mySIM plans, which increases data cap by 50% for mySIM+ 20/30/45 at just $5.90/mth.

not sure if i can downgrade my SH to sim only as i'm a hub member
You can downgrade, provided:
- You do not have any active contract on the line
- You are willing to give up to extra subscription subsidy brought by HubClub
- You will not be eligible for any handset purchase at subsidized rates

However, if you want to do that, you may as well switch carriers. StarHub's network isn't as fast as rivals, plus their MyStarHub app is just messed up. I had to terminate their services thanks to the MyStarHub app totally not tallying to the actual data usage (even verified by their billing department), yet they can't even do anything to fix it.
lohsenglte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:54 AM   #40

Some might be surprised the reason I took the plan. I bring my 16month old outside so every time I bring him out must play baby rhymes on YouTube. Data so fast finish hence took such a plan.
Actually if your baby always play that few same rhymes, you can pre-download using pc and some free downloader, save in the device for play when u are outside. Then at least u don't have to spend so much money on data.
piyozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:29 PM   #41
Supremacy Member

I would like to share my experience with Circles Life.

I ported my number to SH last month.
When the bill from CL came, it billed me for charges of last month and this month.

Naturally I went and ask for refund since it was charged to my card.
They had the decency to tell me my account is not found.

Although it is minor amount, but never know they had such despicable service.
I might have accepted the additional bill if they would come up with excuses like new T&C.

Anyhow, I will follow this case with CL before I consider reporting to relevant authorities.

Caution to fellow mobile plan hoppers - think twice before hopping onto CL.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:40 PM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

I would like to share my experience with Circles Life.

I ported my number to SH last month.
When the bill from CL came, it billed me for charges of last month and this month.

Naturally I went and ask for refund since it was charged to my card.
They had the decency to tell me my account is not found.

Although it is minor amount, but never know they had such despicable service.
I might have accepted the additional bill if they would come up with excuses like new T&C.

Anyhow, I will follow this case with CL before I consider reporting to relevant authorities.

Caution to fellow mobile plan hoppers - think twice before hopping onto CL.
but why would u ask them for refund? and refund as in the last month bill?
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:56 AM   #43
Arch-Supremacy Member

a bit weird leh. if account created this month, how to bill last month? finance can process such accounting meh...

usually is this month and next month pre-collection, as per local telcos policy..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:18 AM   #44
Supremacy Member

The number ported to another telco in October.

CL bill came and charge for October and November.

And this is supposed to be postpaid number, CL did prepaid billing.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:15 PM   #45

Just converted my old Singtel Flexi Lite plan to their SIM-only plan on 1 year contract. Recontracting that plan a couple times (even after the monthly 12GB was cut down to 2GB a couple years ago) at $50 per month for 3GB ($8.56 for 1GB DataMore) and Caller ID was pretty ****ing silly of me.

MyRepublic's upcoming mobile plans seem pretty attractive, I'll wait and see what happens.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.