Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone with insights enlighten me pls...

Normal plans stays as they are be it in contract or not...u get ur calling minutes/data and any vas services u subscribe to.

Sim only plan ur call minutes is gone totally and data is reduced when out of contract. Why are call minutes packaged as a add on when its a basic phone function. Its a "Sim only" plan not "data only" plan...

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Normal plans stays as they are be it in contract or not...u get ur calling minutes/data and any vas services u subscribe to.

Sim only plan ur call minutes is gone totally and data is reduced when out of contract. Why are call minutes packaged as a add on when its a basic phone function. Its a "Sim only" plan not "data only" plan...

this is so provided u are using Singtel, other telcom, different kind of specs.

anyway this is just the way singtel marketing it. :s22:

SuperDecker

Reaction score

It just shows there aren't enough consumers on SIM only plans for telcos allocate more marketing dollars to these plans. 2-year contract still earns the most money and most people still on these plans.

I don't understand why M1's MySIM plans do not have extra data for subscribers to add on, forcing us to go higher plan or pay $10/GB for excess data (nah). They didn't get me as a customer.

Last edited:

Ted100

Reaction score
I don't understand why M1's MySIM plans do not have extra data for subscribers to add on, forcing us to go higher plan or pay $10/GB for excess data (nah). They didn't get me as a customer.

I think the previous SIM only plan did have Data add-on packs but I don't know why M1 removed it. I was looking forward to changing but the new MySIM plans have such large data gaps between plans.

toffeelatte

Reaction score
I think the previous SIM only plan did have Data add-on packs but I don't know why M1 removed it. I was looking forward to changing but the new MySIM plans have such large data gaps between plans.

Yes, and they also removed the talktime $5 addon. Now it’s $15 for the addon

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doubt it
They charge by month as I heard If u take up the vas example 15th of month u stil charge full month unlike the 3 main camps they wil Pro rated

As I cancell mine singtel combo and go sim before my contract end around 1mth they pro rated my penalty

Iirc that time I saw a post here with an email stated nope.

xsoldix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doubt it
They charge by month as I heard If u take up the vas example 15th of month u stil charge full month unlike the 3 main camps they wil Pro rated

As I cancell mine singtel combo and go sim before my contract end around 1mth they pro rated my penalty

Dang it.

Up for awareness.

Circle.life charge full month and not prorate in case of termination/port out.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Give & take Pro & cons lor mall telco got its good @ bad
Just pick which is suit u more even pay more or less

I stick singtel due to coverage & Spotify unlimited data streaming

Dang it.

Up for awareness.

Circle.life charge full month and not prorate in case of termination/port out.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SingTel’s network in Rocky Hill Camp of Pulau Tekong down, 2 days after M1 suffered the same (but much shorter period, about 1h only).

SingTel’s outage started dk what time (before i book in) and haven’t recover yet, which is at least 3h alr.

TODAY (29 OCT 2017):
2FhFzFL_d.jpg

LAST FRIDAY (27 OCT 2017):
p4nfyTA_d.jpg

Update 1: As of 30 Oct 0515h, SingTel’s network is still down, while the other two networks are still operational.

Update 2: SingTel Mobile service was restored at 1200h on 30 Oct, which means the outage is at least 16h.

Last edited:

ahb1245

Reaction score
if use around 10gb which plan should I go for? considering starhub since I use quite a lot during weekend

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if use around 10gb which plan should I go for? considering starhub since I use quite a lot during weekend

If your weekday usage is no more than 3GB/mth, the StarHub XS plan will be the cheapest option, at $29.35/mth including CID.

Even with 6GB/mth usage on weekdays only, StarHub will still be the cheapest, at $35.35/mth including CID. (XS plan + Plus 3)

But if you want to mix and match and don’t care about the free weekend data, then Singtel SIM-Only 10GB (contract) will be the cheapest at $41.40/mth including CID.

M1 mySIM 3 40 plan will be the most expensive option but you’ve 15GB data, at $45.35/mth.

o blong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The new mysim plans not as good. Big gaps and less talk. Looks like back to PUMP consumers tactics

stealth0128

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys, my M1 mysim+ 30 contract is ending in 2 weeks. If I renew, can I keep the existing plan or it will change to current plan? The current mySim 20 and 40 plans gap is too big and seems like Upsize data plus has been removed.

My usage is 6-8gb. Any recommendation?

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

Nights

Master Member
Reaction score
If your weekday usage is no more than 3GB/mth, the StarHub XS plan will be the cheapest option, at $29.35/mth including CID.

Even with 6GB/mth usage on weekdays only, StarHub will still be the cheapest, at $35.35/mth including CID. (XS plan + Plus 3)

But if you want to mix and match and don’t care about the free weekend data, then Singtel SIM-Only 10GB (contract) will be the cheapest at $41.40/mth including CID.

M1 mySIM 3 40 plan will be the most expensive option but you’ve 15GB data, at $45.35/mth.

Singtel 10GB show as 4GB + 6GB in their website. The CSR told me is 4GB mobile data + 6GB Singtel WiFi data which is useless imo.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel 10GB show as 4GB + 6GB in their website. The CSR told me is 4GB mobile data + 6GB Singtel WiFi data which is useless imo.

I think you have misread on the website.

sim10gb-desktop.jpg

10GB Sim Only plan with 12 months contract comes with 6GB (base) and 4GB (extra) for 12 months, = 10GB.

Singtel wifi is still free of now and will likely to continuously extending, though there isn't any official word. Singtel wifi is never in the above equation.

https://www.singtelshop.com/sim-only-10GB/

In the next page from the above link, once you click Sign Up, the next page will show you clearly that 4GB extra is not singtel wifi, and that they separately put it as singtel wifi - 2GB, but under current promo, its still free and unlimited as of now.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Updates on dtl3 singtel 4g along the weak spot I report
Today much stable

they will have to optimise their resources lor.. Mobile networking is not just about installing hardware, software side and the antennas also matter leh, to put it simply..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.