Huawei Mate 7 Contest: 17-30 Nov 2014

leonphang

Reaction score
Flawless

Everything you need from a phone, you can have it with ascend mate 7. Impressive and solid aluminum unibody, super thin screen bezels, 6" IPS display is punchy,with deep blacks, battery life is very good, all-round connectivity with LTE Cat.6, dual-SIM option available
Solid performance, Clean audio output, has the most user-friendly fingerprint sensor implementation to date, Still images offer lots detail, excellent 60MP panorama, video is excellent, Video player handles all video and audio codecs, Emotion UI v.3 is great, smooth, with rich customization options and powerful system tools

BombVoyage

Reaction score
went down to the store to try out the phone.
a well built phone, gives a premium feeling when holding it in the hand.
great specs and fast UI. display is good, the colors are vivd. screen size is big, may not suit consumers with small hands.
fingerprint sensor at the back is pretty handy when trying to unlock the phone single-handedly.

overall an impressive phone by Huawei to compete with the big boys

PandaaFS

Reaction score
Visit Huawei Flagship Store @ Plaza Singapura #03-78 and try out Mate 7 , feedback to us using this thread and stand to win a Mate 7 ! Contest close : 30 Nov 2014.

I'm totally amazed at how fast this phone is! Liked the OS too. The screen size is just nice. Perfect for movie lovers like me who doesn't want to bring out a tablet! Smooth gaming all the way. And the best thing is it comes in gold! Gotta get my hands on one the moment i have enough money! Next thing i want on my list!!!

springwolf

Reaction score
Review of Huawei Ascend Mate 7
- Premium Built Phone
- Screen for in-door use is good, not sure about out-door visibility
- Navigation between screen is fast, no lag at all.
- Current Navigation bar bar only have about 4 options, hope to have more option or allow user to customise, like the option that pull down the notification page.
- Did not try the fingerscan, review did mention was fast
- Can't test out the battery usage
- 1 hand usage is possible, think for those using Note should be fine, but sometime 2 hand is needed
- System seem to use lots of Memory, hope to see the 3GB model very soon.
- With the free gifts, current selling price seem to be reasonable.

caseychanfc

Reaction score
Impressions of Huawei Ascend Mate 7

1. Build:
Amazing full metal build, made possible by intelligent design (antenna switching). Really thin side bezels, really makes it easier to fit in one hand. Overall, build is solid, does not flex or creak at all. I especially like the gold color.

2. Display:
6-inch size is as big as it gets - just comfortable for me, but any bigger display would be a challenge. Despite it being 1080p resolution and not 2K, it honestly doesn't matter because this screen is still really sharp. Bright, too, and has great color reproduction. Whites are neither bluish nor yellowish. Great viewing angles.

3. Speed
One word: Fast. I experienced no lag at all on home screens, menus and the preloaded apps. The Kirin 925 chip by Huawei is actually surprisingly good, and so is the EMUI software.

4. Camera
13 megapixels, can't really judge for sure in the store conditions, but is at least on par with other competing flagships. Camera is very fast to capture shots though!

5. Speaker/Audio
The speaker sounds (and feels) powerful enough, sounds great compared to my LG Optimus G that I had with me to compare

6. Miscellaneous
Fingerprint recognition by Huawei is leagues ahead of others (it was explained to me that the sensor only requires one touch of a registered finger in any orientation to unlock the phone). The 4100mAh battery couldn't be tested in-store but will probably last at least 2 days given the sheer size!

All in all, a serious contender to the phablet market that more people should know about! :s13:

hst1142007403

Reaction score
My experience with Mate 7

Just want to share my experience with mate 7. It all started this August, when my old HTC retired and I searched online for it's successor. After much consideration, I chose xiaomi mi4 and waited for it's release in SG. But it seemed never happening in my lifetime... It was until I came across Mate 7 on the Internet. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it! The metallic design with a fingerprint sensor! I was like " Oh my go I shall look into this phone," and I did. I looked into its specs, which was no disappointment at all, and then moved on to watching its reviews on YouTube, and every video related to this phone on huawei's official channel and they impressed me a lot,especially EMUI and the smart octa-core processor. The launch event video at IFA (the event was on my birthday lol) revealed that this phone would be released by the end of October, and Singapore was among the very first available markets! WOW This phone was perfect for me, in fact it's made for me! (*´∇`*) A long wait ensued. I researched on other phones like note 4 as well but nothing could change my mind. So imagine how disappointed I was when October passed but nothing about mate 7 was posted on huawei facebook page... But I waited. And finally the day came, 15th Nov. I went to the flagship store on that day and got that phone! FINALLY! After using this phone for days, I've tried out all functions. The camera is decent, and the battery life is fantastic! It would last for the whole day no matter how you use it! Unlike my previous phone which I kept trying to save battery for the day, Im constantly trying to drain my battery out so that it would be around a few percent before I go to sleep, but such thing never happened. The music quality on this phone is excellent- the dts mode really makes a difference! And the best thing is, EMUI 3.0! Trust me, you don't need to learn anything to use it, it is the so "empathetic" and natural that it may surprise you at some times! I liked circle and dots design very much but I don't like most of the themes however, but some are good enough. I would say this phone is nearly flawless, thank huawei for the great work! You may think I'm crazy to have waited so long for this phone, but when you get it, you'll know why it's worth my waiting.

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Visit Huawei Flagship Store @ Plaza Singapura #03-78 and try out Mate 7 , feedback to us using this thread and stand to win a Mate 7 ! Contest close : 30 Nov 2014.

Hi Huawei SG... nice to see that u have joined HWZ Forums :)... if we have any questions regarding your smartphones/tablets, can we post them here or send u private message?

k0g3pAn

Reaction score
i have never bat an eye on Huawei's phone, but the Honor 6 and Mate 7 caught my attention, went to PS today to try both devices, but i instantly fell in love with the premium design of the mate 7.

4 main impression that i took away from the experience with the Mate 7

1. Magnificent screen display (simply gorgeous and crisp and accurate colours)

2. Astounding Battery life (read that a number of users could easily get more than 6 hours of screen on time!)

3. Themes ( you can customise and download themes from their theme stores till you siao!)

4. Exhilarating features (the phones with its premium design, ultra fast fingerprint sensor, super sharp camera, and lots of other features is more than enough to excite me to own this phone)

and there you have it, a simple acronym from the word MATE for my hands on experience with the Huawei Ascend Mate 7.

amlizhao

Reaction score
Very nice

i've waited this model for so long .
really really make me surprise. i love huawei, and i support my country.

go china.

sjchai75

Reaction score
Hi, may I know why the price for Huawei Ascend Mate 7 is different than listed price in China? In China, even the highest specs Ascend Mate 7 cost only RMB 3699, which roughly about SGD 770 +-. Where as in Singapore, the mid range specs with 2G RAM and 16GB ROM already cost SGD 749.00. When the highest specs is available in Singapore, I believe it might cost more than SGD 950.00 then. It is pricey and more expensive than Samsung Note 4 and LG G Pro 2, and even maybe the future G Pro 3.

shahfik

Reaction score
6-inch screen in a narrow body. Fingerprint is the best implemented so far. Pricing could be better

moejoseph

Reaction score
Totally an awesome phone! The battery life at 4100mah is bigger than most of the other phones, which is a plus for me as i use my phone quite a lot. The 6 inch screen is ideal especially for me who use my phone as a "work phone" to browse emails and do reports. Mist importantly, i don't think it will bend =:p

mzabu25

Reaction score
Its a very good phablet, design, build quality and premium feel. big screen but compact form factor. My only wish is it should have 2K display.

sun cy

Reaction score
Huawei Mate 7

It's a good phone with stunning big screen, long battery life and good fingerprint sensor as iphone. I like the metallic cover, it's slim and beautiful. The camera is ok, but i hope it comes with optical stabilization, and the image quality could be better.:)

I'm preparing to buy it:)

littlechaos1980

Reaction score
Good phone

It is well designed. Large screen occupancy rate is greater than iPhone 6 and Note 4. Great choices of colors. I would love to own one.

coolguy7884

Reaction score
This really awesome product from Huawei, I am really like Huawei Ascend Mate 7. The elegant design, Mobile with the Dual Sim, 6 inch screen, powerful processor, fingerprint Facility and longer standby time. This is definitely the strongest competitor to other mobile brands in the market. Huawei will gain more users if they could release product earlier. Good luck Huawei!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.