HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

I did not subscribe but I have been charged $6/week

Like Tree135Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 03:26 PM   #16

My nubmer is NOT recycled number.

Yes, complaining to operators no use..

How should we prevent other consumers from getting similar charge on their mobile bill?
newkidontheblock likes this.
BoTayza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #17

For this thread, I would like the MOD to stick it!! It's good for the public to know that there're such company doing such underhand to others!!
How to make it to Sticky?
BoTayza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #18

hmmm from what i know usually is recycled numbers then will tio this kind of "service" lehZ...
hmmm right now no way of preventing other consumers from this.
cos either they randomly pick n sms or they just get ur numbers from ppl lorZ...
lydia86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:44 AM   #19

MobileWay

I've just been charged by Singtel for Mobileway services for $90+ and $100+ !!
I did not even subscribe or download anything from them!!

Called singtel twice on this matter.... they keep saying it's the 3 party that's charging and tell me that they will get mobileway to call me back to clarify the charges.

It's ridiculous, wasting my time calling here and there for something that I never even subscribe or download. I've also read (from other forums) that alot of ppl are being charged by Mobileway (thru Singtel) and they too did not subscribe to them. Shouldn't something be done regrading this company, seems that quite a number of ppl have been affected. And what is singtel doing about this...
trike00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:19 AM   #20
Great Supremacy Member

My mom's singtel line also recently kenna unsolicited sms from a company known as Funmobile. She don't know english and how to send sms one, so can't be her subscribe. Send unsubscribe also no use, still keep coming in. If singtel is collecting money on behalf of these services, then why can't they resolve the matter? Ida should do something about such scams. This is even better than those china call scams, the company just anyhow add your phone number, then can collect money liao, cos the telco don't care and you are left on your own.
DigDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:51 AM   #21
Great Supremacy Member

wtf?! you don't even need to send any sms from your handphone to this Funmobile company to subscribe for their services. just need to register a phone number on their website and chargeable sms will be sent to the phone number provided. so anyone can put your handphone number in there, and tada!, you will be charged for unsolicited sms without your explicit consent. i think IDA seriously needs to look at this website operator to prevent such scams. even worse than the china scam calls, dun need to contact you at all can scam already, with the help of the telco some more!

http://sg.funmobile.com/
Old 06-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #22
Supremacy Member

It's ridiculous indeed. Something drastic has to be done.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:46 PM   #23

Thumbs down

Wow, did not realise so many people kena the same problem like me.
I received my SH h/p bills on 4th dec and to my surprise i was bill extra $24 for 4x premium download ($6 each).
i called up SH and they said they cannot do anything about it because they are billing on behalf of a company called "ericssion IPX" (spelling not accurate).They can only give me the number of the company. And their operational hours are fm 9am to 5pm. It was already 6pm that day, so i called them up the next day at 9.30am.

Lady picked up the phone acknowledge the $24 charge to my bills so i probe further and ask for more details concerning the "premium download". she gave me the date of the download as 27, 20, 13 and 5 Nov. (mostly on tuesday) and the latest one was on 4th dec (the day i received my bills). I ask what are the contents that i have download? she replied ringtones and wallpapers .......
i told them and insisted that i have never done any download but she refused to do anything about it and said at most we can terminated the service for u and i ask her back u mean i actually subscribe for your service ?? she just kept quiet.

knowing that i wont be able to find an answer from her, i decided to call SH again and told them my story. CSO said she will contact the company and ask the company to get back to me. Until now no news !!!
When my dec bills come, i have to pay another $6 for a premium download, dunno what to do now.
yes, this should be a sticky, many people might have encountered the same situation !!!
Old 07-12-2007, 01:02 PM   #24

Just had a long talk with SH CSO (i called them) and they still told me they cannot do anything abt it. They advise me to wait for this "ericson IPX" to get back to me and want me to insist this "IPX " to produce evidence of my premium download.
i will post more details (if they really called up in the first place)
very unhappy
Old 08-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #25

is all this legal in singapore?? does anyone knows of any means of getting this story out... like to the newspaper or something. i think the public should be aware of this matter and how many ppl are affected by this things.

Currently I'm stuck with almost $200 bill for something i never downloaded, still waiting for someone to call me to clarify all this. I'm so sick of these companies and singtel for not doing anything.

Maybe by end of next week, I never receive any calls I will write in to Stomp. They told me on thur (6dec) that Mobileway will call me in 5 working days. What I hate most about this situation is that I'm stuck and do not know who to seek help with. Singtel is not helping at all.

Last edited by trike00; 08-12-2007 at 10:59 AM..
trike00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #26
Great Supremacy Member

Why does the telco have the rights to collect money on behalf of such companies, but no rights to investigate? Ida should seriously look at such arrangements to prevent consumers who have no power against such companies from being bullied into paying for something which they never subscribed with the owner's explicit consent. Time to stop being so overly pro business and give more rights to consumers.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #27
Supremacy Member

It's like a scam. How the hell did these companies get our mobile number in the first place?
Are the telco companies part of this whole thing? Are they giving out data just like that so they can generate more?

It really puts me off.., and to think it's a Saturday.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:22 PM   #28
Supremacy Member

I've just been charged by Singtel for Mobileway services for $90+ and $100+ !!
I did not even subscribe or download anything from them!!

Called singtel twice on this matter.... they keep saying it's the 3 party that's charging and tell me that they will get mobileway to call me back to clarify the charges.

It's ridiculous, wasting my time calling here and there for something that I never even subscribe or download. I've also read (from other forums) that alot of ppl are being charged by Mobileway (thru Singtel) and they too did not subscribe to them. Shouldn't something be done regrading this company, seems that quite a number of ppl have been affected. And what is singtel doing about this...
I kenna from this company before.. Think Singtel also no use.. Bunch of idiots only know how to collect money. Have to call Mobileway yourself. I did it and make so much noise..
tohchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:21 AM   #29
Master Member

DAMn, my sis bills for m1 was like $120 two months back, and she admitted she did use GPRS, but i dun think it will reach so high an amount, could it be these 3rd party??
GloveK8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #30
Supremacy Member

DAMn, my sis bills for m1 was like $120 two months back, and she admitted she did use GPRS, but i dun think it will reach so high an amount, could it be these 3rd party??
Very likely.. Check her bill again for unknow sucker companies..
tohchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.