HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

I did not subscribe but I have been charged $6/week

Like Tree135Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #31

i call mobileway (sybase365) and ask them to charge me for what has been successfully downloaded only. the rest not paying.

kena sabo by other pple. wtf.

ask them nicely, they agree.

5 min settled the issue. call at 10am. the operator quite nice, sound singaporean.
newkidontheblock likes this.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #32

DAMn, my sis bills for m1 was like $120 two months back, and she admitted she did use GPRS, but i dun think it will reach so high an amount, could it be these 3rd party??
lol $120... m1 local gprs is 10cent per 10kb if u dun subscribe data plan vas...

so its 12mb data... she use msn or email isit?
Old 10-12-2007, 08:17 PM   #33
Supremacy Member

i call mobileway (sybase365) and ask them to charge me for what has been successfully downloaded only. the rest not paying.

kena sabo by other pple. wtf.

ask them nicely, they agree.

5 min settled the issue. call at 10am. the operator quite nice, sound singaporean.
what's mobileway number?

How would you know everything is settled?
Hyruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:40 PM   #34

We should read following "IDAs Telecom Competition Code 2005" before we deal with MTOs (mobile telecommunication operators)

http://www.ida.gov.sg/doc/News%20and...tors-final.pdf

Thanks for the link.

This is the latest unfair business practice against consumer and we waste our time for lodging complaints. The only way to resolve currently is I will pay only the outstanding bill minus the disputed amount.

My latest bill in December 2007 from M1 stated additional charges of total SGD24 for $6/each. I do not know what is this until i call M1 up. They refuse to resolve the issue and they ask me to call the service provider instead 62381667.

As expected, no one is answering except the pre-recorded machine voice.

In IDA letter to all CEO of Singapore MTO M1, singtel, starhub :
4. IDA's Telecom Competition 2005 (the "code")
(b)that a subscriber shall not be required to pay any reasonably disputed charge provided that he informs his MTO before the date on which the charge becomes due.

With this clause, we do not need to pay this amount until the dispute is settled. Instead of paying first and then dispute.

Hope this help to all victims.
seethinglong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:18 PM   #35

I do agree with you guys that indeed all these 3rd Party Content Provider are getting too much BUT there are also alot of cases where suscribers wanted them especially those who are still young/kiddos who are on student plan. When you see the bill, it is not only from 1 Content Provider but indeed alot. Be it Pitch, MobileWay, FunMobile. If only 1.. you can still know it may be CP's fault but some bill just came too much and the case is it is always on children who uses the service. Maybe for people like you at your age or like me who needs to earn myself for my own living. I of course know that.

But it is always important that we make sure we never use the service before we make a complain to blame on others too.
wifipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #36

I believe that EDB or IDA is supporting tech savvy Singaporean for entrepreneur in providing 3rd party content. It could be the next economy pillar for Singapore to be a content provider

However, when it involves money and the process is being abused then law may need to come in to protect either party.

Do broadband provider singnet/starhub pay for you first for online shopping on behalf of credit card companies? Imagine when you browse online and then a pop up window force you to click the close button. When you click on the button the next windows says "You had acknowledged that your ISP will charge you $200 a month subscribing to the best news service on behalf of the 3rd party company. If you wish to terminate the service, please contact our sales @xxxx-xxxx". But when you call, the machine voice said "We are currently busy, to serve you better please email us @ yyy@zzz.com". And then you are forced to pay the phone bill for calling the hotline madly.

Do you have to pay the bill SGD$58+SGD$200 monthly to singnet in this case?

If charging a customer is so easy with one click then the world will be in chaos.

Last edited by seethinglong; 06-02-2008 at 12:54 PM..
seethinglong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #37

I thought some guy has suggested a way to deal with such tactics quite some time back?
He recommended when u pay your hp bills, just pay the amount that u supposed to pay. Then for these "extra" charges, ignore them and do not pay for it. Is it possible this way?
sikinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:23 PM   #38

Yes, i am paying my monthly bills minus the $30 additional charges fm third party download.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #39

For those who are SingTel Mobile postpaid customers, you may wish to subscribe to paperless billing at http://www.singtel.com/mybill, which will give you free online 'Detailed Billing'.

You can then scrutinise your monthly bill for unauthorised subscription for value added services, unauthorised IDD calls, and track call charges when your phone is stolen or misplaced.

Last edited by aiyoyo; 05-03-2008 at 09:42 AM..
aiyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #40
Supremacy Member

For those who are SingTel Mobile postpaid customers, you may wish to subscribe to paperless billing at http://www.singtel.com/mybill, which will give you free online 'Detailed Billing'.

You can then scrutinise your monthly bill for unauthorised subscription for value added services, unauthorised IDD calls, and track call charges when your phone is stolen or misplaced.
Why are you writing like an advertisement?
reimina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #41
Supremacy Member

Upz for all.. Request for stick as more people are getting con.
tohchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 05:14 PM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

This is crazy, write to STOMP someone??
siron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 11:05 PM   #43

After reading the various postings, I have decided to put this thread as a Sticky, so that people are aware of the need to be wary of such scams.

Nizam
Old 27-05-2008, 01:49 AM   #44
Supremacy Member

After reading the various postings, I have decided to put this thread as a Sticky, so that people are aware of the need to be wary of such scams.

Nizam
Thanks for listening and sticking.
tohchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 06:06 PM   #45

i also received a $39.92 charges in my singtel bills.

called singtel n they say have to contact the company straight.

so i call them they say u must sms back to deactivate the services. so now even though u

ignore the sms doesnt mean u no need to pay.

the CSO say i m still charged under the next bill. wtf. after some quarrel she say she will

wavie the next mth charges for me.

all this companys r blood sucker.

wat can we do to protect our rights?
Marb0r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.