HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

M1 Data Passport problems

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2017, 08:33 AM   #16
Supremacy Member

I've used in Japan and Australia. No issues.

Did you enable data roaming on your phone? Just because it's locked on to a 3g network doesn't mean it will use data unless you tell it to data roam. With all the usual warning messages about roaming charges when you first do so in your phone.
furyoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:26 PM   #17

Thanks for all your inputs. Now in Jakarta and it works. Guess it must have been bad reception plus bad luck!
Cashew_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 03:50 AM   #18
Supremacy Member

How did you get it to work? I’m in Philippines now and using iPhone 7+, iPhone 7 and iPad mini4 all with M1 unlimited plan and subscribe to data passport.. keep only have 3G signal damn tulan. Can’t surf, even whatsapp very very slow.. like 56k speed.. all setting done properly, manual select preferred network, enable data roaming and enable 4G.. even try reset network setting.. all cannot.. local friend with me using same network for powerful 4G signal, but I’m still 3G so can’t be coverage issue....

Any advice? Email M1 they give me template reply ask me reformat iPhone... wtf... they waived the charges though, but I really wonder what the problem..
MoDiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 11:17 AM   #19

How did you get it to work? Iím in Philippines now and using iPhone 7+, iPhone 7 and iPad mini4 all with M1 unlimited plan and subscribe to data passport.. keep only have 3G signal damn tulan. Canít surf, even whatsapp very very slow.. like 56k speed.. all setting done properly, manual select preferred network, enable data roaming and enable 4G.. even try reset network setting.. all cannot.. local friend with me using same network for powerful 4G signal, but Iím still 3G so canít be coverage issue....

Any advice? Email M1 they give me template reply ask me reformat iPhone... wtf... they waived the charges though, but I really wonder what the problem..
Do you mean mysim98/118 or old unlimited plan
hinamoriamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 10:04 PM   #20

Like to be the MySIM plan bah... Since he did mention Data Passport and 4G speeds.

Do you mean mysim98/118 or old unlimited plan
galaxyuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 12:00 AM   #21
Supremacy Member

Yes it’s my sim 98 plan.. really damn frustrated... M1 and Globe in Philippines both on LTE 2600Mhz band ma.. and iPhone is SG telco set, is unlocked one, I previously port over from SH to M1 only just last month in nov.
Old 16-12-2017, 05:16 AM   #22

Yes itís my sim 98 plan.. really damn frustrated... M1 and Globe in Philippines both on LTE 2600Mhz band ma.. and iPhone is SG telco set, is unlocked one, I previously port over from SH to M1 only just last month in nov.
Manually select M1 partner in host country. Turn mobile data on. Turn data roaming on. Subscribe to Data roaming.
wonglw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 09:28 AM   #23
Supremacy Member

Manually select M1 partner in host country. Turn mobile data on. Turn data roaming on. Subscribe to Data roaming.
Done that also.. but still only 3G signal, seems like can never ever get 4G.. been here about 7 days liao, never ever get 4G... locals here on same network have strong 4G... duno wtf is wrong..
Old 22-12-2017, 01:48 AM   #24

Done that also.. but still only 3G signal, seems like can never ever get 4G.. been here about 7 days liao, never ever get 4G... locals here on same network have strong 4G... duno wtf is wrong..
Check the phone settings.
One other method is to remove the SIM card to put to another phone, not iPhone.
See if 4G signal is present or not..
... better still try on their phones.
eric3743 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2017, 08:53 PM   #25
Supremacy Member

sometimes it's easier just to buy a local sim as the price is the same.
Old 24-12-2017, 09:48 PM   #26
Supremacy Member

Update. As of today, seems like my main line has 4G signal. No idea what they did, however, I will be going back in 2 days time, been a horrible 2 weeks without 4G...

My multisim for iPad tagged to main line still no 4G and so is my second line for my missus also no 4G at all...

M1 promised to waive all data passport charges in my next bill, but I just received it and as cock up as usual, the fees are not waived.
Old 25-12-2017, 04:11 PM   #27
Supremacy Member

Update. As of today, seems like my main line has 4G signal. No idea what they did, however, I will be going back in 2 days time, been a horrible 2 weeks without 4G...

My multisim for iPad tagged to main line still no 4G and so is my second line for my missus also no 4G at all...

M1 promised to waive all data passport charges in my next bill, but I just received it and as cock up as usual, the fees are not waived.

Could well be on Philippine's telco side problem not giving you full 4G coverage. There is nothing M1 can do when you're in another country. Most problems are non-tech-savvy user problems not knowing how to set their phone settings to overseas roaming, select the correct telco partner manually, etc.

So far my experience with M1 Passport on many travels are smooth sailing on my iPhone 6S.
madcampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2017, 05:09 PM   #28
Supremacy Member

Could well be on Philippine's telco side problem not giving you full 4G coverage. There is nothing M1 can do when you're in another country. Most problems are non-tech-savvy user problems not knowing how to set their phone settings to overseas roaming, select the correct telco partner manually, etc.

So far my experience with M1 Passport on many travels are smooth sailing on my iPhone 6S.
Telco partner selected manually and roaming data turned on and set to enable 4G. Major tourist area and mall and international airport no 4G, something is not right.
Old 25-12-2017, 05:38 PM   #29
Master Member

無麽"數據护照",starhub嘅预付卡去到澳州有時會接错網絡,數據無得用。。。
所以用手動設定係啱嘅。
Ed.YEO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2017, 11:36 PM   #30
Master Member

Telco partner selected manually and roaming data turned on and set to enable 4G. Major tourist area and mall and international airport no 4G, something is not right.
Actually it's not M1 fault, I have been in ph for quite awhile already. PH telcos , globe in this case, provides services on a as-it-is basis. Services in pinoy land can go down, change and have all sorts of shiet happening for no reason and explanation.

Sent from ╭(╯ε╰)╮ using GAGT
Solkarnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.