most valued prepaid card

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeasantBeing

Master Member
Reaction score
For Starhub prepaid, I'll probably activate a data plan and get the free outcoming calls. What's the cheapest plan to activate for free incoming calls? Else I'll just not answer calls and return calls instead. Lol.
The $25 happy stars plus top up lor.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5 on Rocket Uno using GAGT

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The $25 happy stars plus top up lor.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5 on Rocket Uno using GAGT

no cheaper option(s)? :s13:

base on a 2 months usage

Option 1
Happy Stars 25 - $25 with $10 in main wallet
comes with free incoming calls

plus

$25 for 5GB data comes with free outgoing calls

Total cost for 2 months - $65 (after deducting $10 from main wallet)

Option 2
$20 prepaid top up with $20 + $3 in main wallet
Free incoming calls for 20 days. Would need 3 * $20 for 2 months
Cost $60 + $6 bonus credits

plus

$25 for 5GB data comes with free outgoing calls

Total cost for 2 months - $60 ($20* 3 months top up)
$25 * 2 months of data will be deducted from $60 (paid)
Balance of $10 unused credit

Option 2 will be the better choice?

Anything wrong with my calculations?

PeasantBeing

Master Member
Reaction score
You want 5GB data then pay more lor. I thought you just need free incoming & outgoing calls and little bit of data.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You want 5GB data then pay more lor. I thought you just need free incoming & outgoing calls and little bit of data.

Not so sure about the data now. Have to monitor the first few months usage first. I'll probably need data to book Grab, etc.

But you are right... I forgot that I may not need that much data. 1gb maybe too little. Say I go for the 3gb option, it's $18. I'll still have balance credit in the main wallet if I do the $20 top up every 20 days.

Last edited:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Starhub prepaid, I'll probably activate a data plan and get the free outcoming calls. What's the cheapest plan to activate for free incoming calls? Else I'll just not answer calls and return calls instead. Lol.

Depend on your needs on both data plans and calls usage.

For $20 Prepaid Top Up there is 20-days free incoming calls and able to buy Data Plans.

Alternately there is Happy Data 30 Top Up initial and follow by Happy Data 30 Add-on for 30-days and 15-days repeatedly, respectively.
> Happy Data 30

Also $28 Happy 128 Top-Up - solely on $100 worth of local calls and able to use the $28 for daily 59-cents on-demand incoming calls for 50-days validity.

littlehappy

Reaction score
what is the validity of the singtel Hi! cards? say the cheapest $10 one. the free data is 30 days, don't know if the $10 value is also 30 days? OR longer

Chngz

Reaction score
agree with you. to me the only attraction of starhub happy is data roaming. we are in the smartphone age. even when i'm not roaming, i hardly make any call.

m1 data roams to 4 countries only and in these countries, local sims are either cheap and easily available.

starhub trumps because it supports china and india, where chinese censorship and indian paranoia and bureaucracy can make you don't want to use local sim cards.

Agree that Starhub Happy Roam > M1 because of the variety, but just wanted to point out that local SIMs in HK (one of the four M1 options) are really not that cheap. Not to say it's expensive, but if you're purely after data and have no need for a local number/calls, M1 and probably Starhub (even after slight data increase) are still cheaper.

But for Taiwan, Malaysia - definitely local SIMs are a very reasonable and cheap alternative. I assume Indonesia is the same but no personal experience, and I am not sure about Macau. I would have assumed Macau would be similar to Hong Kong.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Somebody wrote in to Straits Times Forum asking IDA to relook porting of post paid to pre paid. I also hope so. Should increase the number of pre paid lines to 5 instead of 3.
OnmMxVil.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

suuhhc

Reaction score
Just realize the top up service at Qoo10 is unavailable now :( can't enjoy $3 off $10 using qpoint. Any other website got good discount on singtel top up?

herzog21

Reaction score
Guys, if I buy $20 Singtel topup card but only use $10 to buy 1gb 30-day data plan, how do i prevent the remaining $10 from being eaten up even if there weren't any incoming/outgoing calls being made?

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, if I buy $20 Singtel topup card but only use $10 to buy 1gb 30-day data plan, how do i prevent the remaining $10 from being eaten up even if there weren't any incoming/outgoing calls being made?

Being eaten up from what? data use? or expiry? SingTel can extend expiry date, just deduct $ from your main balance only

herzog21

Reaction score
Being eaten up from what? data use? or expiry? SingTel can extend expiry date, just deduct $ from your main balance only

idk which is why i am asking here. And it's not cos of data expiry.

As mentioned in my first post, I bought a $20 card and used $10 to buy a 30 day 1GB data plan, but still the main wallet of $10 got eaten up even though I bought a data plan and I nv had anyone call me or made outgoing calls.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

As mentioned in my first post, I bought a $20 card and used $10 to buy a 30 day 1GB data plan, but still the main wallet of $10 got eaten up even though I bought a data plan and I nv had anyone call me or made outgoing calls.

Prepaid being eaten is quite a common as their system is never the perfect.

You need to write to them to verify as they do have logged which they can verify upon request.

Reading Starhub forum where there are daily posts on missing Prepaid value for no reason even not using for some.

After they have verify and confirm they would refund to your Prepaid account.

Not many know about this as no request no issue to them.

Including any encountered on having issues as stated in your other posts.

littlehappy

Reaction score
according to m1 CS, m1 seems to have pulled their $5 M Card from their m1 shops for quite some time already! is m1 prepaid going extinct

littlehappy

Reaction score
according to m1 CS, m1 seems to have pulled their $5 M Card from their m1 shops for quite some time already! is m1 prepaid going extinct

yet their website is still showing the $5 m card. but calling m1 CSO they said don't sell/stock it anymore for months already . :s22:

PeasantBeing

Master Member
Reaction score

I think you exceeded your 1GB data plan already that is why the balance got eaten up.

Sent from Rocket Uno cruising in Midnight Black Galaxy No. 9 using GAGT

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yet their website is still showing the $5 m card. but calling m1 CSO they said don't sell/stock it anymore for months already . :s22:

You may have to get this $5 M card elsewhere as it is based on stock level of each shops.

Usually & sometimes Prepaid SIM are available in those 'phones' shops then in Telco shops.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qoo10 top up seem no more for all three? need to monitor shop e-load, or every Sunday lucky plaza starhub roadshow...? carousell?

kitkat2

Reaction score
qoo10 top up seem no more for all three? need to monitor shop e-load, or every Sunday lucky plaza starhub roadshow...? carousell?

yeah, sigh. hopefully not close shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.