HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

new Singtel mobile plan... from 12G --> 2G for $39.90??

Like Tree2Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #16

My average data usage is in range of 6Gb, so based on new plan, I will pay $20+ more. My contract expiring in Jul, if I don't buy new phone, do I continue with the old bundle of 12Gb?
Lamwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #17

I'm getting abit confused here. So is it advisable to sign up the new plan or to stick with the 12GB plan? Pros n cons?

Will those pple who are still under the 12gb contract affected by the new plans coming July?
wavegilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #18

for me, i can't really utilize the 12GB data bundle as i always have poor reception at home, and singtel kept telling me its due to me staying on the lowest floor of the apartment, which is not a valid reason to me as its plain bull... as a result, i am forced to use wifi as i can't even get proper 3g coverage... so i fall into the low-usage group, and its not because i didn't wanna use, its i can't use it...
Same problem here. I am on iFlexi Lite. Wrote in a few times to SingTel and the response I always get is either
1. The problem lies with your iPhone(which is not)
2. We will do a line reset for you. Please restart your phone to take effect (which never work at all)

Very frustrating
Old 05-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #19
Master Member

StarHub is getting suckier and suckier. At least SingTel "only" charges $5.35/GB after the free 2GB is used up. StarHub charges 0.34 cents/KB, which means $30 for the extra GB after the 1GB is used up.
precisely...SH sucks in this aspect
leogeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #20

This totally a rip-off!

Is not about the pricing or the Data usage i'm pondering about since 3years back.

Until now, i'm still frustrated about the quality of the data plan that i've signed for!
As said 3G = up to 7.2mbps download! (Has anyone got 5mbps before? Ans:NO!)
But in these 3 years, i'm still getting less than 2mbps of download, even till today!

So what's the point for signing up for 4G or so called LTE, when they can't even promise an average or above average download speed (=<80%) of 3G technology?

This is totally a failure + rip-off by Starhub! Too bad that in Singapore, there are only 3 telcos...same pocket!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #21
Master Member

They are just trying to squeeze more $ from their subscribers by separating mobile data plan with mbb plan. There goes tethering.
deadguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #22

yup, the news is real... but it'll start in july...

for me, i can't really utilize the 12GB data bundle as i always have poor reception at home, and singtel kept telling me its due to me staying on the lowest floor of the apartment, which is not a valid reason to me as its plain bull... as a result, i am forced to use wifi as i can't even get proper 3g coverage... so i fall into the low-usage group, and its not because i didn't wanna use, its i can't use it...

i believed starhub and m1 will follow suit very soon also...
I'm with Singtel since 2001 until switching to M1 this year. During my Singtel BB plan, I also faced no signal at home. I live in 17th floor, so I dun think it is height problem.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #23
Master Member

I'm with Singtel since 2001 until switching to M1 this year. During my Singtel BB plan, I also faced no signal at home. I live in 17th floor, so I dun think it is height problem.
haha, confirm not height prob... i was at tiong bahru, opposite tiong bahru plaza... even i go up to the 30th storey... also the same... lol
lxb_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #24
Master Member

Any news from m1?
Recazone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #25

3.5G is still not stable in some parts of SG yet and now they are coming out with 4G. It's really a joke for the telecoms. $39.90 for just 2GB is very unreasonable even though its 4G service and so what??

They should really consider about changing the plans. I think $39.90 for 5GB(4G service) is reasonable.
wwh5210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #26

This news sucks. Singtel happy happy reduce the data plan to 1-3 G without any reduction in monthly subscription. How to boycott singtel when Starhub is also changing their plan and M1 shouldbe coming soon.?
nobody88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #27

I'm getting abit confused here. So is it advisable to sign up the new plan or to stick with the 12GB plan? Pros n cons?

Will those pple who are still under the 12gb contract affected by the new plans coming July?

i want to know too. does it mean that I sign up Singtel plan before July, i will be with free 12G for next 2 yrs?

or existing subscribers will automatically be switched to new plan?
sesame246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:53 PM   #28

Dear Bros,

As some of our other bros have voiced out, the fundamental question is.. For those of us who recontract now BEFORE JULY, do we still get 12GB Of data every month till 2014 for the 2 year contract period as per existing plans OR will we be automatically converted to the revised plans come July?

Can some bro pls help clarify?

Last edited by xboxxer00; 06-06-2012 at 12:00 AM..
xboxxer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #29

Dear Bros,

As some of our other bros have voiced out, the fundamental question is.. For those of us who recontract now BEFORE JULY, do we still get 12GB Of data every month till 2014 for the 2 year contract period as per existing plans OR will we be automatically converted to the revised plans come July?

Can some bro pls help clarify?

SingTel announced new tiered data plans for new and re-contracting 3G and 4G customers. The tiered price plans allow a more balanced and fair data distribution, ensuring that everyone enjoys a faster and better mobile experience. 90% of our subscribers should not expect incur higher charges as their data consumption does not exceed the new bundles.
Note that the new price plan is only effective to new and re-contracting customers from 1 July 2012. Existing customers will remain on their existing data plan until they recontract.
Quote from:
SingTel announced... | Facebook
guyz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #30
Master Member

i want to know too. does it mean that I sign up Singtel plan before July, i will be with free 12G for next 2 yrs?

or existing subscribers will automatically be switched to new plan?
If you sign new line/re-CONtract before 1 Jul, you will still get the "old" plan.. that is, 12GB Data.....

If your CON-tract end/ending after 1 Jul and think can no need re-CON-tract and get 12GB... you are partially correct.... you will still get 12GB Data... but your monthly bill will no longer be the same.... at least for slowhub.. they will revert to their so call "List Price"... that is without discount... which is farking high.... purpose is for you to re-CONtract so they can tie us in 2 more years and screw us somemore.....

Again, they can change their pricing plan as and when they like... we got to LL suck thumb...
SExiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.