HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

No posting of Selling/Buying Thread here, Read here pls...

Like Tree22Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2004, 04:46 PM   #16
Supremacy Member

You can make use of the buy/sell(classified ads) section as long as it is a personal trading and not related to commercial trading.

Originally posted by Subaru_WRX
i agree.....is there such a place where there are trading involve?? :cool: :cool: :cool:
newkidontheblock likes this.
Matthew Fam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2004, 04:47 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

We do not permit mass order of products in the forum unless the particular product is not available on sale in Singapore officially.

If anyone wants to organise any mass order activity please contract any of the admin if you are unsure.

Originally posted by maxell_diskettes
i got a question... let's say u want to organize a mass order for say some bluetooth stuff, then where do you post it? can post a mass order here? coz if you put here instead of classified or garage, then it's more relevant to the people here, right?
Old 31-07-2004, 04:49 PM   #18
Supremacy Member

If the demand is there. We will create more forums. We are all ears for suggestion and input

Originally posted by zum
just like to know how was the discussion. i feel that Singapore21 recommendation is pretty valid. it makes its easier to follow certain threads.

there could be brand categories followed by models.

Brand : Samsung
Model : V200, E700
thread topic: bugs, firmware, technical specifications.

then another category could be general where if the topics is not specific to brand or technical questions. topics such as 6230 v E398 or price plans...

but then again, the admin will have more tasks on their hands as they will need to create more sub categories also have to move certain threads to the right forums in case they are placed wrongly.

currently some threads have progressed to more than 1K replies. it is quite a daunting task to search through all the posts for just one or two pieces of information. when users find it too troublesome, they tend to start another thread asking for same or similar informaiton. then some forumers will post say question ask before. search for it. it is a catch 20-20 situation.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:24 AM   #19

Exclamation

I don't speak for the rest of the moderators, but this is a personal comment/request.

We moderators have noticed many users advertising their companies' websites in their signatures. Seemingly innocent, but they have the same intention... TO ADVERTISE. This clearly breaks one of the rules in the Mobile Communication SIG.

I do not wish to see such signatures in the future. To be fair, everyone is given 3 days (up till Wednesday) to amend their signatures, so that there is no form of advertisement.

To those members who have been giving feedback to the moderators, we thank you for your time and effort.

Members who persist in putting advertisements of any form in their signatures and/or postings will be given a warning via PM, followed by further action, if the signatures are not amended.

Thank you.

Nizam
Mobile Communication SIG, Nokia Mobile Phone
Old 03-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #20
Master Member

I don't speak for the rest of the moderators, but this is a personal comment/request.

We moderators have noticed many users advertising their companies' websites in their signatures. Seemingly innocent, but they have the same intention... TO ADVERTISE. This clearly breaks one of the rules in the Mobile Communication SIG.

I do not wish to see such signatures in the future. To be fair, everyone is given 3 days (up till Wednesday) to amend their signatures, so that there is no form of advertisement.

To those members who have been giving feedback to the moderators, we thank you for your time and effort.

Members who persist in putting advertisements of any form in their signatures and/or postings will be given a warning via PM, followed by further action, if the signatures are not amended.

Thank you.

Nizam
Mobile Communication SIG, Nokia Mobile Phone
Dear mods,

I have seen retailers registering nicks to promote their shop names and prices of their stuff. And also putting their website as links to their merchandises that they are selling.

It is not wrong for retailers to register a nick in HWZ to participate in discussions. But to some retailers, they are stepping over the line by using the forum and their nick to create awareness for their shop and also the products they are selling. In short they are advertising on a commercial purpose which I think no one need to guess much on their true intentions of why they are in HWZ

In short, these members should be banned.

Don't you think so?
earthyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #21

I was browsing the marketplace forum and I notice people are spamming their items, repeating threads which can be a few pages. Worse still, they are not relevant to the category (e.g selling TVs in the Mobile Phone and Accessories section).

Can the mods do anything about this?

Thanks.
Shrimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #22
Administrator

Most definitely - please point us to such occurrences.

Dear mods,

I have seen retailers registering nicks to promote their shop names and prices of their stuff. And also putting their website as links to their merchandises that they are selling.

It is not wrong for retailers to register a nick in HWZ to participate in discussions. But to some retailers, they are stepping over the line by using the forum and their nick to create awareness for their shop and also the products they are selling. In short they are advertising on a commercial purpose which I think no one need to guess much on their true intentions of why they are in HWZ

In short, these members should be banned.

Don't you think so?

We've done some level of clean-up, but we'll definitely benefit if more members can report the offending posts for our further action. Thank you!

I was browsing the marketplace forum and I notice people are spamming their items, repeating threads which can be a few pages. Worse still, they are not relevant to the category (e.g selling TVs in the Mobile Phone and Accessories section).

Can the mods do anything about this?

Thanks.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.