Porting from Singtel to Starhub CIS

feralslash

Reaction score
Hi, I have a complicate scenario here.

I was under Singtel CIS plan with my ex-company A. No longer under contract as it has been 3 years already. So my number is considered as under a corporate account.

I would like to sign under my aunt, who has CIS with Starhub. How do I do that?

A) Transfer the Singtel ownership to her, then port in to Starhub? Is there a freeze of 1 month when transferring ownership (i.e. i cant transfer and port out immediately)?

B) Port in to Starhub, transfer ownership to her, then sign up CIS?

As my number is under my ex-company, I suspect there will be problems transferring ownership to individual (my aunt).

ska13a

Reaction score

port in request under BRN number
remember to provide all the correct company details.
can obtain it via singtel business hotline

done before, porting fail, spoke with singtel business team after brn verification for certain number, told them to release the number.
get starhub to re initate the port in request via 1633.

this is more troublesome but will not incur any cost

for option 1, no freeze, transfer to singtel my sim plan, incur sim card cost and 1 month bill and possibly transfer cost

feralslash

Reaction score

port in request under BRN number
remember to provide all the correct company details.
can obtain it via singtel business hotline

done before, porting fail, spoke with singtel business team after brn verification for certain number, told them to release the number.
get starhub to re initate the port in request via 1633.

this is more troublesome but will not incur any cost

for option 1, no freeze, transfer to singtel my sim plan, incur sim card cost and 1 month bill and possibly transfer cost

but i want to sign up cis under my aunt. To do that the number has to be under her ownership. and to do that have to transfer at singtel side first, right?

Starhub can do port in and transfer at the same time?

ska13a

Reaction score
but i want to sign up cis under my aunt. To do that the number has to be under her ownership. and to do that have to transfer at singtel side first, right?

Starhub can do port in and transfer at the same time?

port in can be owner of different name.
as long the new owner fill up existing owner details correct.
which is brn details, and provided singtel didnt reject, if they do, just call up singtel business and discuss and get them to release again

u can do the individual steps if u prefer, with additional cost too.

all the above are proven process, what u choose to do, its ur choice

rephrase, option 1 might not incur sim card cost, since singtel postpaid to singtel postpaid, but transfer fee and 1st mth bill is unavoidable base on this example

feralslash

Reaction score
port in can be owner of different name.
as long the new owner fill up existing owner details correct.
which is brn details, and provided singtel didnt reject, if they do, just call up singtel business and discuss and get them to release again

u can do the individual steps if u prefer, with additional cost too.

all the above are proven process, what u choose to do, its ur choice

rephrase, option 1 might not incur sim card cost, since singtel postpaid to singtel postpaid, but transfer fee and 1st mth bill is unavoidable base on this example

So i went to both Starhub and Singtel shop to discuss about this.
The problem now is my number is under corporate, not in my name. I am no longer an employee of the company. Starhub doesnt allow me to port in right away. Singtel needs the ex-company's approval to transfer ownership.
What a mess. I'll email the singtel person in charge of corporate accounts and see how to sort this out.

ska13a

Reaction score
So i went to both Starhub and Singtel shop to discuss about this.
The problem now is my number is under corporate, not in my name. I am no longer an employee of the company. Starhub doesnt allow me to port in right away. Singtel needs the ex-company's approval to transfer ownership.
What a mess. I'll email the singtel person in charge of corporate accounts and see how to sort this out.

Did same thing as u before, but no such issue

Perhaps not so strict last time

Perhaps u should ask the business cso from singtel more accurate.

FrostIce

Reaction score
I have done porting from singtel cmes to starhub before without the need of any authorisation.

Just show them the proof of address in the bill plus threaten them that you will not be paying for the bill until the account is transfer back to your name. After they transfer, just port as per bau.

ska13a

Reaction score
just to rephrase, why would starhub not allow u to port in, fail is singtel end which is not their concern also.
ur contract is in effect.

just ensure u have the correct details from singtel end since is corp account.

doing singtel postpaid transfer is just wasting another step and cost.
although fail port in will required manual intervention to resolve the issue too.

at least u ask here, some already have done and tested the steps required.

feralslash

Reaction score
just to rephrase, why would starhub not allow u to port in, fail is singtel end which is not their concern also.
ur contract is in effect.

just ensure u have the correct details from singtel end since is corp account.

doing singtel postpaid transfer is just wasting another step and cost.
although fail port in will required manual intervention to resolve the issue too.

at least u ask here, some already have done and tested the steps required.

Starhub said mine is corporate account, registered under my ex-company. Got the BRN number thing, etc. (The bill is directed to ex-company. But mailed to me.) So they need authorisation from ex-company to transfer to personal after porting in. Or something to that effect. The CS lady was adamant that she cannot proceed...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, there's Corporate and then Corporate Individual (I once asked M1 about it).

Corporate Individual is a personal line but given CIS perks according to the terms between the telco and the company. Bills for this go to the individual/staff. When the individual leaves that company, line still belongs to him/her and by right, the CIS perks will be taken away. By left ... I know of someone who's still holding such a line with perks after leaving the previous company for a while already.

Corporate line is one registered and belonging to the company, in which the bills (normally) go directly to the company for payment. When the staff leaves the company, SIM card is supposed to be returned to the latter to either be cancelled, passed to a new staff, etc.

TS may really be holding a "corporate line"? Was this your own number before you joined this company, then given the option to change to corporate plan though the bills went directly to you for payment (and maybe later do your claims with them)?

You'll only be able to do whatever you want with the line, if it's under a CIS - Corporate Individual Scheme. If it's registered as Corporate line - maybe to get better perks(?), perhaps you'll have to approach your ex-company about it.

ska13a

Reaction score
AFAIK, there's Corporate and then Corporate Individual (I once asked M1 about it).

Corporate Individual is a personal line but given CIS perks according to the terms between the telco and the company. Bills for this go to the individual/staff. When the individual leaves that company, line still belongs to him/her and by right, the CIS perks will be taken away. By left ... I know of someone who's still holding such a line with perks after leaving the previous company for a while already.

Corporate line is one registered and belonging to the company, in which the bills (normally) go directly to the company for payment. When the staff leaves the company, SIM card is supposed to be returned to the latter to either be cancelled, passed to a new staff, etc.

TS may really be holding a "corporate line"? Was this your own number before you joined this company, then given the option to change to corporate plan though the bills went directly to you for payment (and maybe later do your claims with them)?

You'll only be able to do whatever you want with the line, if it's under a CIS - Corporate Individual Scheme. If it's registered as Corporate line - maybe to get better perks(?), perhaps you'll have to approach your ex-company about it.

just to name a few ncs/hsbc if u resign but holding on to $100 plan at $40, if they never cease to exist, this legacy plan can be hold on as long as the user pay money.

saw many such example
i am referring to brn acc

Last edited:

ska13a

Reaction score
Starhub said mine is corporate account, registered under my ex-company. Got the BRN number thing, etc. (The bill is directed to ex-company. But mailed to me.) So they need authorisation from ex-company to transfer to personal after porting in. Or something to that effect. The CS lady was adamant that she cannot proceed...

either starhub have a new policy or u met with a tough cs lady.
maybe u can try another store.

usually it will be the case, if port in failure, the onus is on the subscriber.
base on my example, if port fail (provided u have input all the correct details on the form), call singtel business cso to discuss and ensure they release the port out.
they can even see the port out request and failure and reason.
sames goes for starhub.

what u choose to do is ur choice =)

feralslash

Reaction score
Yes its a corporate line. New number that i signed up when i joined the ex-company. I was under the impression its a CIS line.
I think the Singtel lady handling corporate accounts cocked up at that time. Cause she took over a month to get me my line. Then i didnt get bills for 4 months, cause the bill went to the company but was not attentioned to anyone. Till I called Singtel to enquire (as i needed the bills to do reimbursement), then they added c/o and sent the bills to my address.
And now im stuck with this situation.

ska13a

Reaction score
all along CMES can bill to residential

process sign up screw up and the current porting issue shouldn't be the same issue anyway

register under company name without ur nric as liability = cmes
register under personal name with discount = cis

feralslash

Reaction score
So in the end i contacted the PA of my department in my ex-company. Filled up a form for the transfer. And the t&c said i have to be bound for 3 months for my price plan.
So i chose sim only $20. Hope the transfer goes through.
By the time 3 months is up, iphone 7 is out.....

ska13a

Reaction score
problem why do u have to bind for 3mth?
doesn't make sense

have u spoken to business cso?

feralslash

Reaction score
Its their requirement, as its stated in the transfer ownership form. Anyway I'll just bear the 3 mths and wait for iphone 7.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.