Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By prostcode
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #1

SINGTEL recontract/Upgrade of plan

Hihi!

I called singtel about 2wks ago and asked them if I can upgrade my plan and get an iphone 4 as I am just 8mths into my contract. The hotline personnel, Maizal Dela, told me yes. and I was so happy. So, after the iphone 4 was released, I went down to tampines outlet and booked the phone.

Last thu, I got a call from TM outlet and they asked me to collect my phone on that day. So I skipped down to TM and after waiting for 1/2 hr, the guy at the counter, Stanley Peh, told me that I cannot upgrade my plan AT ALL as it's still not one yr into contract.

I nearly bit his head off as I had checked with the hotline staff and she confirmed that I can GET IT. But Stanley just said that it's the hotline problem and not theirs. and with a smug look on his face, he returned my ic to me and asked me to lodge a complaint to the hotline.

And i stupidly did instead of demanding to see the manager. Anyway, to cut the long story short, I spoke to many different hotline personnels (Ian, Beth,Zara, Hazel), all of which told me that they will return my call after checking but they DID NOT.

After 5 freaking days and speaking to 2 of their managers, Julene & Leonard, I was told that there is NO WAY they can help me to upgrade my plan now as it would be breaching the contract, and the earliest that I can do it is in Nov, just 3 mths away -.-

I strongly believe that it's NOT my fault at all as I got wrong info from Maizel, which caused me to waste my time to book my phone and queued to collect it, not to mention get ALL EXCITED ABOUT IT.

Therefore, I would like to check with all of you here.. if you had a similar problem and if you managed to upgrade your plan before 1 yr. Or if there's anyone who can help me with this, as am quite noob with these rules. To me, they can just simply waive off the 3mths and let me upgrade now, but it seems that it cant be done?

Your advices are greatly appreciated.
Many Many Many Many Thanks!!!
phour4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #2

My current non-iphone 2 yr contract is 12 months into the contract, so I have to pay $100 for iphone recontract. On the other hand, if it was a iphone contract, then the penalty would be $300.

If you are only 8 months into your contract, I think your penalty would be very high. Technically the customer service officer is not wrong by saying that you can upgrade. Yes you can upgrade but you have a pay a very high penalty for early upgrade. Blame it on the cso if he did not emphasize that there would be a penalty.
ricardoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Gotta pay a penalty fee. Don't think can waive unless more than 12 months.

I'm sure someone here would say 'You think can suka2 upgrade one ah? Did you know you signed a contract?'

Oh well.
LastBattle likes this.
prostcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

no. u cant upgrade if you've not crossed 12 months of contract.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #5

I guess its not really nice to post all the names out in full in the forum. Just to add in my experience, have tried to get an early upgrading as well but was told not possible at all. Mine is in october with topup as well, but i guess a contract is a contract after all.

From my understanding of my own reservation of the iphone4, it is only intended for reservation with no obligations and no gurantee that you can definately get it with sign up.

Last edited by boiboi86; 10-08-2010 at 02:04 PM..
boiboi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 10:23 PM   #6

wait for 3mths and maybe the white iPhone 4 will be available.
look at the brightside
Old 28-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #7

sianz

pissed with singtel change of policy. e mail singtel regarding 12 mths handset upgrade and they told me "non iphone contract" buy iphone 4 contract $300 upgrade fee. all along been $100( non iphone to iphone) $300 (iphone to any phone) . means now my omnia contract buy iphone also $300. told me policy change today onwards. all $300. kaoz
leon123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #8
Master Member

Then don't buy loh.

It's just a phone. Stick with the normal phones instead of iPhone. Android phones are similar in functions to iphones and it is not subjected to these penalties.
ginseng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010, 02:36 PM   #9
Master Member

How at purchse of Nokis N8?

non iphone contract and 12 months upgrade to Nokia N8. Is it $300 or $100?

If it's $300, then I shall skip this model.
ginseng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #10

Hihi!

I called singtel about 2wks ago and asked them if I can upgrade my plan and get an iphone 4 as I am just 8mths into my contract. The hotline personnel, Maizal Dela, told me yes. and I was so happy. So, after the iphone 4 was released, I went down to tampines outlet and booked the phone.

Last thu, I got a call from TM outlet and they asked me to collect my phone on that day. So I skipped down to TM and after waiting for 1/2 hr, the guy at the counter, Stanley Peh, told me that I cannot upgrade my plan AT ALL as it's still not one yr into contract.

I nearly bit his head off as I had checked with the hotline staff and she confirmed that I can GET IT. But Stanley just said that it's the hotline problem and not theirs. and with a smug look on his face, he returned my ic to me and asked me to lodge a complaint to the hotline.

And i stupidly did instead of demanding to see the manager. Anyway, to cut the long story short, I spoke to many different hotline personnels (Ian, Beth,Zara, Hazel), all of which told me that they will return my call after checking but they DID NOT.

After 5 freaking days and speaking to 2 of their managers, Julene & Leonard, I was told that there is NO WAY they can help me to upgrade my plan now as it would be breaching the contract, and the earliest that I can do it is in Nov, just 3 mths away -.-

I strongly believe that it's NOT my fault at all as I got wrong info from Maizel, which caused me to waste my time to book my phone and queued to collect it, not to mention get ALL EXCITED ABOUT IT.

Therefore, I would like to check with all of you here.. if you had a similar problem and if you managed to upgrade your plan before 1 yr. Or if there's anyone who can help me with this, as am quite noob with these rules. To me, they can just simply waive off the 3mths and let me upgrade now, but it seems that it cant be done?

Your advices are greatly appreciated.
Many Many Many Many Thanks!!!

Is this Stanley Peh guy about 1.65-1.68 tall and wear glasses?

I suspect this is the same Stanley whom i encountered at Tampines singtelshop. Very cocky bugger with poor attitude. Did you lodge a complain against him? I think we should and make him wake up his ideas.
luckyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

Technically yes, you can upgrade. But only your plan and not the phone, unless you opt for a contract free phone of course.
Old 17-05-2012, 04:11 AM   #12
Master Member

Technically yes, you can upgrade. But only your plan and not the phone, unless you opt for a contract free phone of course.
Singtel'd be so freaking happy to hear that lol

xinvideo: http://tinyurl.com/mos7zlo
LastBattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.