$1 Million Investment

petrinadious

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Would like to seek your valuable opinions (Writing an essay)

If we say a mid 20's guy were to have $1million dollar, in current Singapore context, what's the best way to invest this $1million?

Aim: Preserve the money value and to create constant cashflow.

Thanks in advance

Bedokian

Reaction score
Go for safe investments that generate a return higher than the inflation rate, based on your aim.

As for what investments in particular, wait for further replies to this thread.

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
go for very low risk, low-mid returns

i suggest bonds, or CPF SA

4%x1M = 40k. enough to cover a person's annual expense

guowei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

If we say a mid 20's guy were to have $1million dollar, in current Singapore context, what's the best way to invest this $1million?

Thanks in advance

seriously if he got 1million he is a much better investor then all of us combo 99 hit...

maybe he should be the one who advise us arh:s12:

Futureskid

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance

So easy to meet your aim: I will keep the $1 million in my biscuit tin, blackmail you to report to our lecturer for getting answers here, and take constant cashflow from you.

petrinadious

Reaction score
Go for safe investments that generate a return higher than the inflation rate, based on your aim.

As for what investments in particular, wait for further replies to this thread.

Same. Was thinking of shares with good % of dividends. Singapore properties would be a good choice if it wasn't because of the cooling measures and taxes. Probably have to search for such investments. thanks.

Aerial86

Reaction score
Same. Was thinking of shares with good % of dividends. Singapore properties would be a good choice if it wasn't because of the cooling measures and taxes. Probably have to search for such investments. thanks.

You could also put it into a dividend portfolio of UT which calculates to be about 4-5% dividend annually, with potential capital gains as well.

But take note that there are many "template" portfolio out there that do not take market condition into consideration. So please make sure you understand the strategies behind the portfolio and the allocations basis.

Regards,

Alex
Finexis Advisory

archcherub

Reaction score
ill probably aim for freehold, pay for the deposits, and stretch to pay the rest by bank loan.

whatever i have left, i go for stocks with dividends, maybe page for Dividend warriors for his advice.

Conservative enough?

If not, just stash 100% in bonds... since the minimum amount for sgd bond is $250,000... this $1m shld be enough to hold, adopt the permanent portfolio (which is a safe portfolio to me) 25% in bonds, 25% in gold, 25% in stocks, and 25% cash. (though i dun really like cash part)

OR...
buy all major ETF indices.. safe also

Reaction score
If not, just stash 100% in bonds... since the minimum amount for sgd bond is $250,000... this $1m shld be enough to hold, adopt the permanent portfolio (which is a safe portfolio to me) 25% in bonds, 25% in gold, 25% in stocks, and 25% cash.

Cash is in which currency and can I change Gold to Silver?

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You could also put it into a dividend portfolio of UT which calculates to be about 4-5% dividend annually, with potential capital gains as well.
unit trust, mutual funds sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
their strategy is to offload risks to you as an investor.
low return, high risk

avoid avoid!

Futureskid

Reaction score

Lol.. I will fail you if u adopt those investments... provided i'm the marker.

alexchia01

Reaction score

But take note that there are many "template" portfolio out there that do not take market condition into consideration. So please make sure you understand the strategies behind the portfolio and the allocations basis.

Regards,

Alex
Finexis Advisory

This is a very poor advice. Paying someone who just buy regardless of market condition and regardless of you make money or not.

Learn how to identify good strong fundamental stocks or REITs, with regular high dividends payout... Learn to identify the right time to buy and do the investment yourself.

bullsback

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance

why would the mid 20 guy with 1 million dollars, still need advise from us?

if say he graduate from nus/ntu/smu with 4 year degree, and he make one million in just 1-2 years, one year he make 500k, from 3k-5k salary as a fresh graduate.

this guy got a winning checklist, you should put money to invest in him....

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If i had 1 million dollars, I would continue doing the same investment strategy that gave me the 1m in the first place.

petrinadious

Reaction score
Maybe I can rephrase it. The idea is not really about the figure of million but more of how it should be diversified to its best potential :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.