Account with my IC nos but I got no account with the Bank

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am for the idea of escalating this matter all the way. Who knows what has that account been used for. It could be an honest mistake, or the guy controlling it has been laundering money through/terrorist financing/financial fraud/etc.

When sh1t hits the fan, guess who's going to get involved? The guy whose name is used for the account? Maybe, assuming they can find him, since names are not unique. If he has a common name, good luck. The guy whose NRIC number is used for the account? Confirm tio, because there is one and only one guy and it will be damn simple to find him.

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Relax. It's only a credit card, not a liver transplant you're waiting to receive. Let the bank sort out the problem. It will, eventually. If you're still interested in their credit card, just provide the normal information the bank requests.

If this is the first and only time you've had any similar issues, then most likely somebody simply miskeyed another customer's NRIC number, with no malice. Maybe that was back in 1973 when the bank hired some data entry clerks to convert some paper records. Who knows, but just sit back, relax, and let them sort it out.

TS was never a customer of the bank and hence his nric no. would never be in the bank's records. So no such thing as somebody simply miskeyed another customer's nric number. And no way can data entry clerks entered wrong nric no. as it wouldn't match the check digit.

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:mad:

Ya...and if tomorrow they played me out again, the thread here will reach SCB HQ in London!:mad: If they gonna treat me like a fool with all those stupid excuses, they better think again. Sick of such attitude from them.

Also write to their biggest shareholder, Temasick :s13:

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is not in my name but my IC. They dun even wanna tell me any info about the account as the name is completely different from mine.
Or else I would have ask that too!:)

Sue them for using your nric without consent? :s13:

osirisis

Reaction score
remind me of the time I open the acct with them and I CANNOT log in no matter how they assist to reset it few times...... until they spell out my NRIC which is not mine... lol

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok TS, don't waste precious time lah. All the big corporations are well protected by their terms & conditions, and the govt. No way you'll get an honest & truthful answer from their staff. Good luck next time ...

Sent from RTA using GAGT

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Relax. It's only a credit card, not a liver transplant you're waiting to receive. Let the bank sort out the problem. It will, eventually. If you're still interested in their credit card, just provide the normal information the bank requests.

If this is the first and only time you've had any similar issues, then most likely somebody simply miskeyed another customer's NRIC number, with no malice. Maybe that was back in 1973 when the bank hired some data entry clerks to convert some paper records. Who knows, but just sit back, relax, and let them sort it out.

If someone use your ic number. Then it may not just for credit card.
Suggest to make a police report for investigation. Sometime iit could be due to data entry mistake at bank.

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If someone use your ic number. Then it may not just for credit card.
Suggest to make a police report for investigation. Sometime iit could be due to data entry mistake at bank.

With nric suffix reference, it almost impossible to key a wrong nric no.

silveryear

Reaction score
For closure n update, i have rejected SC Banks first letter of reply, especially putting blame on computer fault.
Their Client Experience (CE) Sr Manager called but told her if they still push it to technical glitch, no point talking and demand my rights for explanation point by point for my email and then make a police report.
Their Head of CE called and agreed to my requests for point by point answer and that I have no account with them before my CC application.
Also their admission of their staff oversight and that they are unable to find the cause till now and send a copy to MAS too.
Only then will I reconsider making a police report and any words related to computer glitch will automatically void my reconsideration.
I received her reply point by point and their irresponsibilty of her staff handling the issue. I kept my word but leaving them a message..
that people might forgive a mistake but not "cover up" or pushing blame on hardware!
Wrote this as a record and should any bros / sis encounter such issue of SCB, feel free to use this as example and PM me if need my help.
now I got black n white, hope it not gonna happen to me or anyone and learn fom this issue.
Apologise for such longwinded message..

Witwit84

Reaction score
seems like they are really careless with their systems upgrade etc? Recently they deducted $10 from the Esavers accounts and everyone started calling in to ask why the charge, then found out it was some system error, and then they reversed it.

What is worrying after reading ts's experience is if they mixed up the IC numbers of the account holders then would it be hard to take out the funds or close the account? If the account name and IC number don't match my NRIC when I want to close the account, then the account will be under investigation? Funds will be stuck? I'm a bit worried now as I have accounts with them.

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems like they are really careless with their systems upgrade etc? Recently they deducted $10 from the Esavers accounts and everyone started calling in to ask why the charge, then found out it was some system error, and then they reversed it.

What is worrying after reading ts's experience is if they mixed up the IC numbers of the account holders then would it be hard to take out the funds or close the account? If the account name and IC number don't match my NRIC when I want to close the account, then the account will be under investigation? Funds will be stuck? I'm a bit worried now as I have accounts with them.
You should always transfer out all funds before closing the account. Makes things easier.

Sent from OnePlus 3T using GAGT

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For closure n update, i have rejected SC Banks first letter of reply, especially putting blame on computer fault.
Their Client Experience (CE) Sr Manager called but told her if they still push it to technical glitch, no point talking and demand my rights for explanation point by point for my email and then make a police report.
Their Head of CE called and agreed to my requests for point by point answer and that I have no account with them before my CC application.
Also their admission of their staff oversight and that they are unable to find the cause till now and send a copy to MAS too.
Only then will I reconsider making a police report and any words related to computer glitch will automatically void my reconsideration.
I received her reply point by point and their irresponsibilty of her staff handling the issue. I kept my word but leaving them a message..
that people might forgive a mistake but not "cover up" or pushing blame on hardware!
Wrote this as a record and should any bros / sis encounter such issue of SCB, feel free to use this as example and PM me if need my help.
now I got black n white, hope it not gonna happen to me or anyone and learn fom this issue.

You TS???? =:p

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thank you for revealing your actual nick. :D

silveryear

Reaction score
Thank you for revealing your actual nick. :D

I used my actual name previously just for SCB issue and even told SCB about it so they know I mean business when I said I gonna put it in social media...now that its over, return bk to HWZ nick.:)

Genesis

Reaction score
I used my actual name previously just for SCB issue and even told SCB about it so they know I mean business when I said I gonna put it in social media...now that its over, return bk to HWZ nick.:)

going to apply scb now! and hope i got account with them, please have 10million usd inside the account.. popipopi:s13::s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.