HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best Term Insurance Plan(Do Not Solicit for Pm)

Like Tree468Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2017, 09:15 PM   #3106

Hi guys,

Need some advice.

My age is 24 male, non smoker.
Should i buy the Wholelife or my term plan is enough for me?

I bought a Pruterm Vantage 2years ago for
500k coverage
50k CI Early
TPD etc at $123monthly.

And recently i was advise by someone telling me to get a Whole life coverage policy to cover my CI so i do not need to pay for long term instead of pay at 20years.

The quote for the Whole life plan is
40k coverage for death
40k for CI early and late
After the multiplier is 120k
monthly premier is $141.2
Whether the term plan is enough for you depends on a few factors (read previous posts in thread).

But adding a Whole life plan for the sole purpose of covering CI is just a straight forward bad idea.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:15 PM   #3107

Normally CI as a Rider attached to term are Accelerated and only covers severe stage CI.

Standalone CI will usually covers from Early to Severe stage, and some even re-diagnosed stage. I will recommend Aviva MultiPay CI plan among those you selected.

For your profile Female, Age next birthday 27, Non-smoker,

$100k Multipay CI
Till age 70: $1,163/year.
Till age 75: $1,388/year.

$150k Multipay CI
Till age 70: $1,744.50/year.
Till age 75: $2,082/year.
Hi, is the premium for this packages guaranteed?
So if the person kena early CI and claim multiple, premium for this package still payable (did not add waiver)?
If the person also buy a 500K term plan with death & TPD together with the multiply CI. Is consider two standalone plan, if didn't add waiver to the term plan, premium still payable eventhough very ill and not working? Lastly the person dead, the decease family still can claim 500k? Please advise

Last edited by Lizeel; 12-09-2017 at 09:19 PM..
Lizeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:45 PM   #3108

Hi there,

I'm 33yo female, non smoker, would like to get term plan up to 65yo with death, TPD and CI coverage. Would like to hv 500k for death& TPD, but am not sure whether to get 250k CI rider (so I can claim remaining sum upon death after CI claimable?) or buy standalone term plus multipay CI? Which one is more worth the value? Please advise, thanks
Old 13-09-2017, 12:44 AM   #3109

Hi, is the premium for this packages guaranteed?
So if the person kena early CI and claim multiple, premium for this package still payable (did not add waiver)?
If the person also buy a 500K term plan with death & TPD together with the multiply CI. Is consider two standalone plan, if didn't add waiver to the term plan, premium still payable eventhough very ill and not working? Lastly the person dead, the decease family still can claim 500k? Please advise
Hi Lizeel, premiums are non-guaranteed for Multipay CI. Insurer may adjust premiums based on claims experience.

CI waiver kicks in upon claims at Advance CI stage.

Lastly, if the person is covered at the point of death, his family will receive $500k death benefit payout from his Term policy provided there wasn't any TPD claims made prior to death.

Last edited by Bigoya; 13-09-2017 at 12:47 AM..
Bigoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 12:51 AM   #3110

Hi there,

I'm 33yo female, non smoker, would like to get term plan up to 65yo with death, TPD and CI coverage. Would like to hv 500k for death& TPD, but am not sure whether to get 250k CI rider (so I can claim remaining sum upon death after CI claimable?) or buy standalone term plus multipay CI? Which one is more worth the value? Please advise, thanks
A CI rider is cheaper than MCI rider/standalone. However i personally see MCI more cost-effective.

First question to ask yourself, is Early stage CI a good to have, or a must have?
How much CI payout do you need? Have you tried calculating the numbers, or were u just plucking random numbers from the forum or out of thin air?
Only upon identifying the numbers unique to you, then we are able to put things into plan and give useful advise.
Old 13-09-2017, 07:53 AM   #3111

A CI rider is cheaper than MCI rider/standalone. However i personally see MCI more cost-effective.

First question to ask yourself, is Early stage CI a good to have, or a must have?
How much CI payout do you need? Have you tried calculating the numbers, or were u just plucking random numbers from the forum or out of thin air?
Only upon identifying the numbers unique to you, then we are able to put things into plan and give useful advise.
Hi, thanks for the advice. I used the LIA protection gaps calculation and it was estimated that 300k++ protection is needed. However, I'm not sure whether I do required the same amount of CI or not. I would upgrade my medishield life to integrated medical plan to cover hospitalization plan.
Old 13-09-2017, 08:09 AM   #3112
Supremacy Member

Hi, thanks for the advice. I used the LIA protection gaps calculation and it was estimated that 300k++ protection is needed. However, I'm not sure whether I do required the same amount of CI or not. I would upgrade my medishield life to integrated medical plan to cover hospitalization plan.
U are confused with medishield life and integrated shield plan. There is no upgrade.

Both are seperate things.

Better go moh website read up 1st
akwl88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 09:19 AM   #3113

U are confused with medishield life and integrated shield plan. There is no upgrade.

Both are seperate things.

Better go moh website read up 1st
Thanks for pointing out the terminology error, basically I mean to have integrated shield plan for full medical coverage. Understand there are two plans, but we always used the term "upgrade" to illustrate the act of buying ISP in addition to the MSP.

The dollar&sense article also written as upgrade MSP to ISP.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:50 AM   #3114
Supremacy Member

Thanks for pointing out the terminology error, basically I mean to have integrated shield plan for full medical coverage. Understand there are two plans, but we always used the term "upgrade" to illustrate the act of buying ISP in addition to the MSP.

The dollar&sense article also written as upgrade MSP to ISP.
could term it as add-on since both are essentially different things

https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_w...eld-plan-.html
Old 13-09-2017, 06:05 PM   #3115

That only calculates your Death coverage needs.
TPD and CI uses a different set of calculations.
Old 14-09-2017, 01:13 AM   #3116

Whether the term plan is enough for you depends on a few factors (read previous posts in thread).

But adding a Whole life plan for the sole purpose of covering CI is just a straight forward bad idea.
I agree with him.
haileeyeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 01:16 AM   #3117

I agree with him.
Stop spamming ur posts around the forum bro.
None of them holds any value. This isn't a place for salesmen.
mSnooze likes this.
Old 14-09-2017, 07:14 PM   #3118
Greater Supremacy Member

i currently have AIA's
- triple critical cover (critical illness)
- solitaire personal accident
- secure term plus (ii) (tpd/death)
- disability cover (income protection)
- healthshield gold max A + rider (hospital)

im 30 this year non smoker, not working in hazardous environment job

yes i know, all AIA...

i have a prudential friend trying to get me to jump to prudential's hospitalisation, prulife multiplier flex, prupersonal accident and add the pruwealth...

i alrdy outright rejected the pruwealth from the 1st meet up...

is there any above worth replacing with prudential, or simply jus cut it off?

dont pm me pls!
mata_hippo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 07:59 PM   #3119
Supremacy Member

i currently have AIA's
- triple critical cover (critical illness)
- solitaire personal accident
- secure term plus (ii) (tpd/death)
- disability cover (income protection)
- healthshield gold max A + rider (hospital)

im 30 this year non smoker, not working in hazardous environment job

yes i know, all AIA...

i have a prudential friend trying to get me to jump to prudential's hospitalisation, prulife multiplier flex, prupersonal accident and add the pruwealth...

i alrdy outright rejected the pruwealth from the 1st meet up...

is there any above worth replacing with prudential, or simply jus cut it off?

dont pm me pls!
good friend you have
Old 14-09-2017, 11:19 PM   #3120

I think we are different IFA, many IFA around in SG.

H&S plan, get 100% coverage will be the best, either in private or restructured hospitals, so you don't have to worry about deductibles and co-insurance.

Term plans has many ways to determine, most simple is to be more than your housing loan so your house will immediately be fully paid if anything happens. You can also use your expenses/ annual salary to calculate mathematically, I can help you with more information provided rather than use the norm recommendation.
Hi mSnooze
Just have a talk with my AIA consultant or FA whatever they are called.
Im totally right im under insured thus need the term policy to cover dependents.
Seems that AIA term is rather ex (~3.6k for 500k death/TPD/CI) as compare to AXA/Aviva. So looking at monthly expenditure x no. years to be cover eg. 20 -25 years so it come up to 500K-600k. Understand CI contribute to huge chunk of the premium.
For H&S looking for my 2yr old daughter as yet to add on any insurance except the Medishield Life
alidazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.