HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best Term Insurance Plan(Do Not Solicit for Pm)

Like Tree472Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #61
Suspended

Hi all

I am newbie with insurance plan

I dont have any insurance now

Aia agent quote me

1. 32yrs, M
2. 33yrs, F
3. 6yrs, F
4. 3mths, M

All non smokers

With AIA first family protect with sgd 3000 annualy/person till 15 years

Is it good ? Please advise!

Thanks
It is an ilp. Payment is definitely not for 15 years. It does offer flexibility in some forms but ultimately you have to pay for it wholelife.
NiteX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:16 PM   #62
Suspended

Hi all

I am newbie with insurance plan

I dont have any insurance now

Aia agent quote me

1. 32yrs, M
2. 33yrs, F
3. 6yrs, F
4. 3mths, M

All non smokers

With AIA first family protect with sgd 3000 annualy/person till 15 years

Is it good ? Please advise!

Thanks
Hi Victor,

The recommendation by your AIA agent is an investment linked plan. Try to avoid such plan as they allocate your premiums into investment and the premium allocation can be as low as 15% (meaning your $3,000 premium, only $450 is invested)

Cost of insurance over the years will increase over the years too
IFAadvisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:07 PM   #63

hi cookieemonster, i provided u some quotes please. do pm me on your point of view. thanks
Can I have the quotes too?
pinpinpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #64

I think cheapest in the market is the SAF Group Term, i think you pay <$200/mth with $1mill coverage!
-Jian- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2014, 04:46 PM   #65

I think cheapest in the market is the SAF Group Term, i think you pay <$200/mth with $1mill coverage!
Nope. For $1mil coverage it is $128/mth for Group Term but without CI. Aviva's another term plan for $1mil coverage with CI is about the same premiums or slightly higher after 25% discount.

Alternatively, Zurich and Prudential also has $1mil term plans with comparable premiums but includes CI too. Group term is more recommended for small sum coverage for death/TPD but not big sum.
Old 15-04-2014, 12:32 AM   #66
Arch-Supremacy Member

don't think it is the cheapest anymore
kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 01:22 AM   #67
Supremacy Member

u kniw wad

u buy term is bang for buck

u buy whole life is compounding interest

u get wad u want
sanzhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 07:52 AM   #68

Any advisor can compare saf against Zurich term packages
rerear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 09:43 AM   #69

saf until 65yrs old no?
wooty100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 07:37 PM   #70
Junior Moderator

The question is when you meet your prospect and assuming they are unaware of BTIR, have you attempted to educate or inform them that they have a better way of doing it?

One does not really need to know how to invest. It's a no-brainer, passive way of putting away the extra money into something with better yield.
most agents dont do it... and convince themselves that their clients choose LIFE because it is the best, in their scenarios, as it is hassle for them.

they dont do it, because they have nothing much to sell to solve that problem.

Everything looks like a nail to a hammer salesman.
Old 16-04-2014, 11:35 PM   #71

do a quick check.. most term insurance until age or 65 only? then how about after 65? no more? then if i 66 something happen how? if like that then won't life would be better since it covers for life?
RayOfLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 08:27 AM   #72

do a quick check.. most term insurance until age or 65 only? then how about after 65? no more? then if i 66 something happen how? if like that then won't life would be better since it covers for life?
Till age 65 term applies for SAF group term. The rest of them can go up higher, some even till 99. Both life and term has their own pros and cons which boils down to the needs of the insured and also deeper down into their financial standings and objective.

It is important that insured is totally clear of the potential gain and loss of either choice by going into an analysis together with someone professional. When I mean professional, I'm referring to any agents or FA that can give non-bias comments
Old 17-04-2014, 08:29 AM   #73

Till age 65 term applies for SAF group term. The rest of them can go up till age 99. Both life and term has their own pros and cons which boils down to the needs of the insured and also deeper down into their financial standings and objective.

It is important that insured is totally clear of the potential gain and loss of either choice by going into an analysis together with someone professional. When I mean professional, I'm referring to any agents or FA that can give non-bias comments.

It doesn't harm sitting down and discuss, but it harms when you choose to commit into a lifelong thing without even gathering opinions.
Old 17-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #74

Till age 65 term applies for SAF group term. The rest of them can go up till age 99. Both life and term has their own pros and cons which boils down to the needs of the insured and also deeper down into their financial standings and objective.

It is important that insured is totally clear of the potential gain and loss of either choice by going into an analysis together with someone professional. When I mean professional, I'm referring to any agents or FA that can give non-bias comments.

It doesn't harm sitting down and discuss, but it harms when you choose to commit into a lifelong thing without even gathering opinions.

I sat down with a AIA agent to discuss about the term and life plan for death, tpd, early CI.

Their plans are non competitive. But they wont say that to you.

I guess you still have to sit down with people of different companies and policies.
pinpinpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #75

I sat down with a AIA agent to discuss about the term and life plan for death, tpd, early CI.

Their plans are non competitive. But they wont say that to you.

I guess you still have to sit down with people of different companies and policies.
Yup what you say are correct. I did offer to have an discussion with you too, since i am able to represent all the companies except prudential and great eastern. But at the end of the day, it is still up to you to choose whether you want to work with a agent or FA.

I can only try my best to help.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.