HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best Term Insurance Plan(Do Not Solicit for Pm)

Like Tree459Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #1

Best Term Insurance Plan(Do Not Solicit for Pm)

What is the best Term plan in Singapore? Highest coverage for lowest cost.

Also for Life Plans, met up with a few, TM seems to give the best per dollar coverage.

Thanks in advance
cookieemonsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2014, 08:10 AM   #2

Hi there,

If you don't mind, can you provide me with your age, sex and smoker/non-smoker status? Then I can provide you with a quotation which you can do comparison with others that you may get.
MoonHehe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #3

Highest Coverage for lowest cost. It depends lah really. Sometimes the companies got small little clauses which you don't know one, so check properly.

TM cannot fight one from what i know. Their plans really provides higher returns based on the illustration. Then again, whats your actual concern?
Alfdorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #4

What is the best Term plan in Singapore? Highest coverage for lowest cost.

Also for Life Plans, met up with a few, TM seems to give the best per dollar coverage.

Thanks in advance
Depending what you want to cover on and for how much. pm'ed u
Old 21-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #5

hi there,

I want good coverage for TPD/CI/Death and also PA.

From what I was quoted, and I have sat down with 4 agents from different companies, TMs plan (forgot the name, but probably their normal one) that comes with dread disease rider and early care rider, 50k and 150k coverage, as well as a life policy with 200k death coverage was quoted at abt +200 bucks.

Seem like the best to me.

I wish to get life+term+pa, health I have. I am not really looking for returns. I want good coverage cos my parents will be dependent on me (as well as my future wife lol), so I want good coverage.

AIA and GEs coverage dont seem as strong. For $250, what is the best mixture to give the best Term/Life and PA combo..

Just curious if there is smthing else out there.

Got to meet NTUC soon, heard their term plans quite competitive..
Old 21-02-2014, 06:08 PM   #6

I'm 26 turning 27 in a month, male non smoker, sorry dont wanna reply so many PMs ha, prefer not to hear just from agents but from the common man
Old 21-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #7

I think what you need is a specific needs planning based on your liabilities and the amount of responsibilities you are shouldering with regards to your family.. Why don't you find an independent consultant in the first place since they can compare across companies for you..

You could have saved more time rather than meeting so many agents.. Plan wise I believe you already know which is the best in terms of whole life.. Term plan wise there are more competitive ones out there like prudential,AXA and Aviva.. A combination of a term and whole life will be good to get the best of both world.

Even thou you've met so many agents, if you don't mind and is willing to listen to more opinions, i will be glad to provide a service.
Old 22-02-2014, 01:19 AM   #8

Do your wife and kids a favour. Skip life plan and just get term.
MultiplyYourWealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 09:35 AM   #9

Do your wife and kids a favour. Skip life plan and just get term.
Actually that is what is going on in my mind. But why the cynicism towards life plans? Out of curiousity.

Also pruterm, worth it?

Thanks!
Old 22-02-2014, 10:11 AM   #10

Actually that is what is going on in my mind. But why the cynicism towards life plans? Out of curiousity.

Also pruterm, worth it?

Thanks!
Pruterm is one of the better term plan out there currently. As to why people are against life plan in this forum, I would not comment any further as this argument of BTIR have been going on for quite awhile and it will start again soon.

Personally I believe in BTIR but that does not mean I'm going to drill this idea into every single of my client because i'm into it as everyone does have different objectives in their plannings.. As a consultant, it is my job to ensure that the portfolio is worked out to individual specific needs.

If BTIR is able to help them in achieving the objectives, why not?

Last edited by Aerial86; 22-02-2014 at 10:14 AM..
Aerial86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #11
Supremacy Member

Pruterm is one of the better term plan out there currently. As to why people are against life plan in this forum, I would not comment any further as this argument of BTIR have been going on for quite awhile and it will start again soon.

Personally I believe in BTIR but that does not mean I'm going to drill this idea into every single of my client because i'm into it as everyone does have different objectives in their plannings.. As a consultant, it is my job to ensure that the portfolio is worked out to individual specific needs.

If BTIR is able to help them in achieving the objectives, why not?
if ur portfolio can give stable returns in excess of 4per cent per yr. the duration of the portfolio most likly can ride out the waves of the economic cycles.

with compounding, u can also have flexibility of getting ur capital back if need be without locking in period, thats why BTIR works for pple who KNOW HOW TO INVEST.

Without it, life is the next best thing, and of cause less hassle, but returns vary across insurers.

otherwise, BTIR+Term (with knowledge of investing with diversified portfolio) will beat life easily.
Old 22-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #12

if ur portfolio can give stable returns in excess of 4per cent per yr. the duration of the portfolio most likly can ride out the waves of the economic cycles.

with compounding, u can also have flexibility of getting ur capital back if need be without locking in period, thats why BTIR works for pple who KNOW HOW TO INVEST.

Without it, life is the next best thing, and of cause less hassle, but returns vary across insurers.

otherwise, BTIR+Term (with knowledge of investing with diversified portfolio) will beat life easily.
I totally agree with that. That is the reason why even though I understand the idea of BTIR, I will not insist all my clients follow that.

Not everyone can adopt this mindset so what I can do is to let them be aware of what's available out there for them, and my personal views on what is the best portfolio suitable for them to achieve their goals by understanding their backgrounds, financial capacity and pychological factors. End of the day, decision still lies on them.

I personally has investments in mutual funds and I know the returns I could potentially get from it, therefore if those with me could accept investments, it would definitely be great for them to adopt this. Just for info, for those who understands an IFA industry, they will know that mutual funds is the way to go for sustainability in the long run, not insurances.

Last edited by Aerial86; 22-02-2014 at 12:15 PM..
Aerial86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #13

If you are keen , lets do coffee in CBD area. Will give u another 2 option, Aviva and Zurich
Old 22-02-2014, 01:15 PM   #14

The question is when you meet your prospect and assuming they are unaware of BTIR, have you attempted to educate or inform them that they have a better way of doing it?

One does not really need to know how to invest. It's a no-brainer, passive way of putting away the extra money into something with better yield.
MultiplyYourWealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #15

The question is when you meet your prospect and assuming they are unaware of BTIR, have you attempted to educate or inform them that they have a better way of doing it?

One does not really need to know how to invest. It's a no-brainer, passive way of putting away the extra money into something with better yield.
What if I told you I did? Would you believe? Lets not get into unnecessary discussions on the ethics of people in this industry.. Everyone reserve their rights for opinions but do not judge others because of your own perspective.

I hope this forum could be a place where discussion goes around for people to have better idea in what they do, not a place where everyone judge unnecessarily. If you feel offended, I'm sorry but that will also mean I'm spot on.

And if investments is really like what you've said, no-brainer, there will be no poor people anymore. Why would people still go bankrupt because of investment?
MikeZhang likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.