Best value for money whole life insurance?

rustyfish

Reaction score
Hi, I am in my twenties and thinking of buying a whole life insurance and would prefer those limited period premiums insurance for a term of about 10 - 25 years. Wondering what is the most value for money whole life insurance around in the market currently and what the premiums are like for these insurance?

I would like to have min 100k death, TPD and critical illness coverage. If include early CI, short term disability and other stuff would be good but not compulsory.

I am female, non smoker, 23 years old this year and working.

I tried asking financial planner and he advised me to buy AXA Life Exentials Prime but not sure whether that's the best deal around.

Would really like to hear from everyone what whole life insurance would you recommend to me.

Thanks in advance :)

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After recent comparisons... imho, the winner is TM Legacy Lifetime! And yes... Value for money atm

But Manulife is gonna launch a competitive whole life very soon. Stay tuned!

AhPek_Lion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After recent comparisons... imho, the winner is TM Legacy Lifetime! And yes... Value for money atm

But Manulife is gonna launch a competitive whole life very soon. Stay tuned!
Realli looking forward to manulife new plan :)

rustyfish

Reaction score
thanks everyone for their replies. Maozeduo and ahpek_lion know when the manulife plan is coming out?

cheongking 888, what ntuc plan were u referring to?

cheongking888

Reaction score
Vivo life.

I have prulife, manulife and income life. My experience is the cash value and bonuses for income policy are higher.

rustyfish

Reaction score
I haven't seen news about the new manulife whole life yet? Anyone here has experience with AXA Life exentials prime? Is it a good policy comparable to tokio marine? What about vivocare 100?

nikomomo

Master Member
Reaction score
Im looking at Life Exentials Prime 100k as an all-in-one solution also, 28 ANB non smoker, pay for 25 yrs. How do premiums stack up against Legacy Plus - might need to include DDAccelerator and Earlycare to make the plans comparable?

Also curious about Legacy Lifetime due to the coverage past 70.

Feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

WindBoi

Reaction score
Hi, I am in my twenties and thinking of buying a whole life insurance and would prefer those limited period premiums insurance for a term of about 10 - 25 years. Wondering what is the most value for money whole life insurance around in the market currently and what the premiums are like for these insurance?

I would like to have min 100k death, TPD and critical illness coverage. If include early CI, short term disability and other stuff would be good but not compulsory.

I am female, non smoker, 23 years old this year and working.

I tried asking financial planner and he advised me to buy AXA Life Exentials Prime but not sure whether that's the best deal around.

Would really like to hear from everyone what whole life insurance would you recommend to me.

Thanks in advance :)

We wont be able to telll which deal is the best since we do not know you. it goes further than your age and all. If you felt that cost is a consideration, why not compare it against competitive plans at DIYInsurance.com.sg

You can take a look at this topic for more information

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hokay Manulife new wholelife plan is out :s12:

ManuProtect Life

The features that i wanna highlight is

The booster for coverage is flexible - 1x / 2x / 3x meaning... u can now have a choice of either higher protection or higher cash value... I believe this is very important in terms of personal priority... not many companies offer this choice.

Premium term offered - 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 99 years.

Coverage for serious illness and additional CI benefit for a child

If insured child, premium gets waived in the event of the payor's critical illness
If insured self, premium gets waived in the even of the spouse's critical illness

cool?

btw TM still very competitive as it has 2 very good feature.

1. Lifetime booster
2. Lifetime coverage for early stage CI

However, everything else remains competitive ~ premium, cash value, sum assured...

For guys checking out the total distribution cost. Manulife with this new plan, has the highest... but im not sure why... still everything remains competitive including the guaranteed portion of the cash value.

Feel free to pm me quotes from other companies so as to compare... will post the results here... try my best to make a fair comparison...

Not forgetting terms and conditions for the above information and possible human errors :D

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No-commission life insurance up ahead, AsiaOne Singapore News

why not wait for the government to release no commission whole life? wayyyyy cheaper.

if you really worry about insurance, get one term first till the whole life products release from government.

a term around 200 ~ 400 dollars annual, one whole life can cost a few thousand annual. :(

200~400 not inclusive of CI coverage ba...

but then again...

dont buy now, buy later, later who guarantee can buy...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.