Commemorative SG50 notes

ska13a

Reaction score
y need to queue when walk in and walk out within 1min
guess the reserve also pointless

seetohjwj

Master Member
Reaction score
are we changing 10$ for 10$ note and 50$ for 50$ note? or are there extra cost.

pai seh. i dont know how to phrase this. but hope you all know what i am trying to say.

wts2013

Banned
Reaction score
are we changing 10$ for 10$ note and 50$ for 50$ note? or are there extra cost.

pai seh. i dont know how to phrase this. but hope you all know what i am trying to say.

no additional cost, its exchange for new notes lah, hahaha

PML2013

Reaction score
It was announced on the news that there s a mistake in the spelling of Mr Yusof Ishak s name in the $100 album cover. A sticker will be stuck over the mispelled word if you were to bring the album back to the bank next Tues onwards.

For stamps and dollar-notes that have some printing defects, they worth more with time. How about the commemorative notes album? Should I go back to the bank and have the sticker pasteover?

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

ykeen

Reaction score
I heard change 5 sets give only 2 album, is it true?

No need heard. Just read here

http://www.mas.gov.sg/News-and-Publ...15/Commemorative-Notes-to-Celebrate-SG50.aspx
Specially-designed Folders for the Commemorative Currency Notes

11 Members of the public can also obtain specially-designed folders to keep the commemorative notes. They can obtain one complimentary folder when they exchange for any of the commemorative currency notes. There is no minimum amount they need to exchange to obtain the folder. An additional folder will be given if two full sets of notes (each set comprising a $50 note and five $10 notes) or more are exchanged. The public can only obtain up to a maximum of two folders per transaction. The folders will be available at the banks on a first-come-first-served basis and while stocks last. The nine major retail banks have sponsored 2.8 million of these specially designed folders.

Opps-gal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Paste over is so ugly? Why they don't print the notes wrongly with higher amount? :s13: Will only go over to change the folder cover if they do a one to one exchange with the correct name, leave the wrong spelling is nicer, than a sticker over it?

It was announced on the news that there s a mistake in the spelling of Mr Yusof Ishak s name in the $100 album cover. A sticker will be stuck over the mispelled word if you were to bring the album back to the bank next Tues onwards.

For stamps and dollar-notes that have some printing defects, they worth more with time. How about the commemorative notes album? Should I go back to the bank and have the sticker pasteover?

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some branch no folder already.need to wait next week to restock.

ashhong

Reaction score
Paste over is so ugly? Why they don't print the notes wrongly with higher amount? :s13: Will only go over to change the folder cover if they do a one to one exchange with the correct name, leave the wrong spelling is nicer, than a sticker over it?

solution: get 3 set. 1 set with wrong spell but no sticker. another set with sticker.
and since they will need to print more folder cover in the coming days, those folder will have correct spelling.

SKinny86

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got mine from citibank. It's with sticker. I think the reprinted ones are still not out yet.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.