Credit Card Annual Fee Waiver

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have problem getting the annual fee waived for any particular bank's credit card?

numbers

Master Member
Reaction score
just cancelled my amex card. waiver for amex is hard to get

easiest to waiver is posb/dbs, just call in the automatic voice answering then next day already can see the refunded amount

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I know how much spending have you made for Amex?

easiest to waiver is posb/dbs, just call in the automatic voice answering then next day already can see the refunded amount

Last edited:

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I called to cancel and the CSO tell me not to cancel and he can waive the annual fees for me as long as I apply for the auto billing service, charging my m1 Bill to my amex card.

win_man

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
American Express.. my OCBC have not 2 years so i am not sure.

As for AMEX, they dare to suggest me to sign up for another cashback card in which the annual fee is higher than the one i am asking for wavier. Dumbfounded... i cancelled the card.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same experience with everyone here... ocbc and amex. ironically have a new amex card this year (true cashback) so will try my luck next year when the one year is up.

so far the rest ok - Citibank, uob.

scb haven't two years so can wait till 2019.

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
amex cards can have waiver...i didn't know that too till someone posted 2-3 years ago.

after that i have been getting waiver ever since though my spending have dropped to <10k now :s13:

kaypohmeow

Reaction score
Contrary to the rest, just called and got my ocbc credit card annual fee waived last week without question.

Did not even meet the min spend as it is not my main card. :D

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Used to be you had to at least pretend to ask, say you use the card a lot or whatever, even though they know full well whether or how much you use it, and they had to pretend to give it some thought, check with my manager etc., before approving the waiver. DBS/POSB makes the whole process as efficient as it gets by cutting out the BS. I approve :s12:

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's tough to get waiver from AMEX though. They best could only offer 50% discount on the annual fee.

mrtanbg

Reaction score
Consumer wins. Pile on the pressure on OCBC. Dun waive just cancel. No loss for us.

Sent from Google PIXEL XL Supports Mm2,Uuu,Fuyu,Singtel, Kepcorp using GAGT

queerquirks

Master Member
Reaction score
Consumer wins. Pile on the pressure on OCBC. Dun waive just cancel. No loss for us.

Sent from Google PIXEL XL Supports Mm2,Uuu,Fuyu,Singtel, Kepcorp using GAGT

You requested for waiver before it is due / reflected on your statement? Else, will still need to pay the outstanding statement balance right.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.