DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Posb bank also can. Btw can apply dbs multiplier online easily if you already have posb/dbs account.

Yup. In fact, i think its immediate if you open it via internet banking during weekday working hours.

TabascoSauce

Master Member
Reaction score
After I open my multiplier acc, can I open byob and dbs vickers online or need to do it at a dbs branch?

edens_guards

Reaction score
Does the posb/dbs internet banking page show a dashboard view of the salary credit like the one with ocbc?

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the posb/dbs internet banking page show a dashboard view of the salary credit like the one with ocbc?

I believe dbs has started this. You can go and check the FAQ

Extracted from the FAQ:

iBanking Bank & Earn Summary:
• Login to your iBanking account
• Select ‘My Accounts Summary’
• Click on ‘View Bank & Earn Summary’

This summary shows your eligible transactions for the current month and the past 2 months.

edens_guards

Reaction score
I believe dbs has started this. You can go and check the FAQ

Extracted from the FAQ:

iBanking Bank & Earn Summary:
• Login to your iBanking account
• Select ‘My Accounts Summary’
• Click on ‘View Bank & Earn Summary’

This summary shows your eligible transactions for the current month and the past 2 months.

I found it. Thanks. Got this message "Sorry, you are currently not enrolled in any Bank & Earn programme. To enrol, click here. (95138)"

Look like i have to enroll either DBS Multiplier or POSB Cashback Bonus first

vegavega25

Reaction score
Salary credit qualification

So the T&Cs clearly state that the salary crediting bank account - if already with DBS - does not need to be changed.

My question is: is it okay if the account to which the salary is credited is a joint account, albeit with my name as the first name?

Both accounts - the DBS Multiplier single name account and the other DBS account which is a joint account - show up when I log in online. But the statements are issued separately: the statement for the joint account is issued under something called "consolidated statement" and the Multiplier is issued under "Deposit statement".

Would that still qualify as the salary credit transaction that is needed for the DBS Multiplier interest rates?

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have issue with their mandatory salary crediting requirement?

I read that salary must be in the main description.

If my company does use the giro code as "SAL" but the main description that appear in my statement just show my company name then I failed this component?

cnotsniw

Reaction score
Question, if you hit the 50k amt, where is another bank that is good to put the remaining sum, (that doesnt have salary crediting)?

Or maybe another bank with salary crediting that provides higher interest for a greater base amount (say 80k?)

I think previously mentioned DBS Multiplier (salary credit + at least 1 transaction) + UOB ONE (no salary credit but $500 cc spend and 3 GIRO payments).

:s12:

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
so, it's like a FD account liao lor.

open MA, park 50k
credit SAL into other dbs/posb a/c and spend at least $1 on posb/dbs cc :s13:

Is the interest on the total amount you have in the bank? Even if it exceeds S$50k? Is there a limit? Like S$70k in ocbc360?

I just applied online and they say will send me a debit card to activate the account. But I don't like to use debit cards, can I return it after activating the account? I have a Posb Everyday credit card.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the interest on the total amount you have in the bank? Even if it exceeds S$50k? Is there a limit? Like S$70k in ocbc360?

I just applied online and they say will send me a debit card to activate the account. But I don't like to use debit cards, can I return it after activating the account? I have a Posb Everyday credit card.

Bonus Interest for up to $50k only. Can return if you want but debit card can be more useful than posb everyday. Eg dbs visa debit gives 5% rebate for contactless transaction if don't withdraw more than $400 cash and not more than 3 withdrawals per month.

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
Bonus Interest for up to $50k only. Can return if you want but debit card can be more useful than posb everyday. Eg dbs visa debit gives 5% rebate for contactless transaction if don't withdraw more than $400 cash and not more than 3 withdrawals per month.

Thx for info. Just worried after hearing about unauthorised deductions from dbs debit cards for overseas uber rides.

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just take note that u either take this cashback bonus or multiplier.

draw your conclusion properly. simple maths. ;)

rerear

Reaction score
Is it more worth to transfer salary credit from boc smartsaver to dbs multiplier then, assuming able to hit >5k in transactions and has more than 2 categories?

Assuming it is, how to give up posb cashback bonus scheme?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.