HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

DBS Multi-currency

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2018, 02:40 AM   #406

interest in already? i check mine still nothing ley...........
this is MCA thread.. not multiplier

Sent from International Space Station using GAGT
Charlie_Zhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #407
High Supremacy Member

Oh sorry, hahah
|||||||||| is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:48 PM   #408

Transfer SGD to MCA

Hi,
Would like to know is it possible to park some SGD to Multi Currency account and later when the rate is good then internal convert to the foreign currency within MCA itself? Please advise. Thanks
DreamerChin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:54 PM   #409
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi,
Would like to know is it possible to park some SGD to Multi Currency account and later when the rate is good then internal convert to the foreign currency within MCA itself? Please advise. Thanks
Yes. That is one of the most common use of the MCA. However, note that if your MCA is the DBS multiplier account, the amounts in foreign currency will not get the bonus interest, only get the small % of interest depending on the currency.
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:40 PM   #410

Perhaps opening a FCFD would be better for the higher interest rates?

Shortest period is 1 month.

I'm considering doing this as holding some USD from selling stocks that I don't intend to change to SGD at this rate yet.

But commission and fees will eat into any potential return.

Last edited by Jazzbie; 12-01-2018 at 05:48 PM..
Jazzbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:49 PM   #411

Yes. That is one of the most common use of the MCA. However, note that if your MCA is the DBS multiplier account, the amounts in foreign currency will not get the bonus interest, only get the small % of interest depending on the currency.
Mine is the Multi currency account, Can you help to advise once SGD is transferred to my Multi currency account is SGD, but how can I convert it to Foreign dollars within my Multi currency account when the rate turns good?
DreamerChin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:01 PM   #412
Arch-Supremacy Member

Mine is the Multi currency account, Can you help to advise once SGD is transferred to my Multi currency account is SGD, but how can I convert it to Foreign dollars within my Multi currency account when the rate turns good?
https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/support/bank-ssb-exchange-foreign-currencies.html
Old 13-02-2018, 10:55 PM   #413

Wanted to ask, if you withdraw through Visa, USD currency into your DBS multi-currency account, will the amount appear in USD? Are there also any charges through this way?
Canaan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 09:02 AM   #414

Apparently, when I tried to make an internet withdrawal through DBS Visa debit into my multi-currency account, the ****ing bank declined the withdrawal to put the money into my bank account. Now my money seems to have vanished. If the bank declines my withdrawal, will my money return back to the sender?
Canaan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 09:09 AM   #415

DBS multiplier is better as it is a multi currency account and gives higher interest if you fulfil the credit salary and invest/credit card spend/insure/mortgage criteria.
Are there any drawbacks of multiplier account Vs multicurrency account, like higher TT fees or something? It appears multiplier account is a win win as it is multicurrency as well as high interest?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 09:14 AM   #416
Arch-Supremacy Member

Apparently, when I tried to make an internet withdrawal through DBS Visa debit into my multi-currency account, the ****ing bank declined the withdrawal to put the money into my bank account. Now my money seems to have vanished. If the bank declines my withdrawal, will my money return back to the sender?
Hm. Are you trying to do a cash advancement? Never do that as it will incur hefty fees and interests.
Old 14-02-2018, 09:18 AM   #417
Arch-Supremacy Member

Are there any drawbacks of multiplier account Vs multicurrency account, like higher TT fees or something? It appears multiplier account is a win win as it is multicurrency as well as high interest?

Think no drawbacks. Should go for multiplier instead of multicurrency unless POSB cashback bonus is preferred over multiplier.
Old 14-02-2018, 09:33 AM   #418

Think no drawbacks. Should go for multiplier instead of multicurrency unless POSB cashback bonus is preferred over multiplier.
Thanks!

Old 14-02-2018, 01:43 PM   #419

get multi currency autosave only if you have the need to regularly issue SGD or foreign currency cheques.. otherwise just get the multiplier will do.

side track abit. the new UOB Mighty FX account exchange rates are really impressive.

Sent from the International Space Station using GAGT
Charlie_Zhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 02:20 PM   #420

get multi currency autosave only if you have the need to regularly issue SGD or foreign currency cheques.. otherwise just get the multiplier will do.

side track abit. the new UOB Mighty FX account exchange rates are really impressive.

Sent from the International Space Station using GAGT
Thanks. I have DBS cashline account, I can issue cheques using that and do a fast transfer from DBS multiplier to keep the balance non negative.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.